996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mr. Clean Drip Dry wash system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 08:30 AM
californian is infamous around these parts
Mr. Clean Drip Dry wash system

Today I was getting ready to wash my Black Turbo when I noticed my neighbors son washing his Z06 (Red) with one of those "Mr. Clean" drip dry wash systems. He offers to let me try it out.

I was blown away at how good it worked on my black car. No spots period! I still had to touch it up a bit but for those of us with black cars this thing saved me an easy hour.

Does anyone know of a Prosumer or even small commercial water deionized system?

I'm hooked like a heroin addict. I'll never not use deionized water again.

Old 06-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
I have been hooked as well. The filtered water works like a charm on my Basalt Black, although I am not too fond of the soap.

EDIT: Here is a pic after using the autodry

Last edited by Vik; 06-20-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
I'm confused!

What's the deal with the water or this soap. Can someone enlighten me about it?

Old 06-20-2004, 08:49 AM
AndyWoo is infamous around these parts
How does this system work ? And is it 'harsher' on the existing wax-job you may have on your car ? Is it something that will take off the wax, sealant, etc. more readily ?

What is the trade-off of using this system ? (aside from a little cost, which if it works as everyone has been touting, and it doesn't strip off previous wax, sealant, etc. then I'd think this is almost pure gold).

Andy

Old 06-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Vik
Originally posted by Stryke
I'm confused!

What's the deal with the water or this soap. Can someone enlighten me about it?
The Mr.Clean Autodry is a hose attachment that has two components. The first is the dry rinse polymer soap which helps to dry the car. The second is the filtered water component. The starter kit comes with a cartridge for 3 uses, but replacements can be used 10 times. The water from your hose travels through the cartridge and the impurities are filtered. These impurities are what cause the water spots and thus the water spots are not seen. Because of this, the soap is not necessary since the water is being filtered. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is fed up with water spots. Here is a link to their site:

www.mrcleanautodry.com

Old 06-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Vik
Originally posted by AndyWoo
How does this system work ? And is it 'harsher' on the existing wax-job you may have on your car ? Is it something that will take off the wax, sealant, etc. more readily ?

What is the trade-off of using this system ? (aside from a little cost, which if it works as everyone has been touting, and it doesn't strip off previous wax, sealant, etc. then I'd think this is almost pure gold).

Andy
There havent been any problems with the clearcoat or wax on the car. The site also states this. The trade-off is that the filters only last a short while (10 washes).

Old 06-20-2004, 09:14 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I've used it, and didn't like it that much. But i'm a perfectionist. I'd rather hook up one of those portable soft water units to the hose.

Even when my car was black, it only took me 20 minutes or so to wash it to perfection. What are you doing that it takes you an hour?

Old 06-20-2004, 10:00 AM
californian is infamous around these parts
I have soft water and ran it through the "Mr. Clean" attachment. WOW. It's only $20 bucks at WalMart. What have you got to lose except the $20 bucks. I thought it was well worth the money. Now I'm searching the net for a commercial version. Anyone????

Old 06-20-2004, 11:49 AM
ProV1 is infamous around these parts
theres something in their kit that makes all the dirt get trapped on the mitt and impossible to get off. i think he washes the car w/ regular h2o now, and just does the final rinse w/ the big attachment (deionized h20)

Old 06-20-2004, 11:54 AM
NJPete996TT is infamous around these parts
I tried it on my ESV and I would have to say that i was "satisfied" with the results. It didnt do a fabulous job, but it was sufficient enough to aid in the drying process. I wasnt too keen on the soap, but it worked well for the wheel wells and wheels/tires. I would rather use Body Shampoo for the paint. For what it costs, i would say that its worth it, but its not a "MUST HAVE" product by any means.

Old 06-20-2004, 11:56 AM
nice and low
KC996TT is infamous around these parts
I have it, and have been very impressed. It makes washing a lot quicker and easier. The only downside is that the replacement filters (10 uses) rarely last 10 times because I tend to use more then neccesary to make it look good. Overall, a good investment for people that like to keep their cars clean all the time but don't have the time for an hour-long wash every few days.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:18 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it works well for a quick wash. however, i feel weird if i don't dry the car by myself. also it doesn't work well in any dusty area!

Old 06-21-2004, 04:06 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Can someone get me one for father's day?

Old 06-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
My girlfriend came by with one!

What a doll...

works pretty good after a short test!

Old 06-21-2004, 07:56 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
How many times have you washed the car, driven away and gotten out of the car only to notice streaks/water spots all over the place (from water leaking out of those hard to dry sections)?

Well, never again with the mr. clean system. The water will dry completely streak/spot free....windows too! LOL! Sounds like a gimmick, however it's worked everytime with my black TT.

Just another advantage of rinsing with purified water.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Drip Dry wash system