996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferrari or Porsche. Interesting thread at ferrarichat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 05:09 PM
VAVAVOOOOOOM
phatGT2 is infamous around these parts
I agree that there is no subsitute for the porsche...

fair enough a gt2 and a 360 spider dont really compare, but my dad owns a 360 and its fun to drive, but it just lacks power, he has a full titanium exhaust on it aswell and you guys should hear it scream (sorry guys Im not in the uk so I cant make a soundclip, and if I askhim to do it he wouldnt understand how) the f1 gearbox is fun, I drove it again when i was over in the UK to weeks ago, but when you get back in the porsche youre blown away by the beast....

porsche all the way, no contest

take care everyone

steve

Old 06-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
I agree with the Top Gear guy's thoughts on the Porsche v. Ferrari debate.

A Porsche Turbo is a very "teutonic" sports car that you can drive daily. It's reliable. It's fast. That's why Car magazine rated it #1 in one of their mags last year. It does everything well.

But it doesn't matter. You just can't ignore the untouchable passion and fervor of Forza Ferrari. A Porsche grunts. A Ferrari screams from its primordial gut. Generally speaking, people don't look at a 911 and say "sexy." Kids, fathers, daughters, nephews, mothers and grandmothers alike may well look at a Ferrari and it could be a romantic moment for them. It doesn't matter if they're a sports car nut or not. They know what's up when in the vicinity of an F-car.

So, again, generally speaking:

A Ferrari sounds better. A Ferrari feels better. A Ferrari looks better. A Ferrari pulls down panties quicker.

That's just how it is, guys. Doesn't make your 911s any less special. They're just a lot more common and German engineering wasn't meant to be sexy to begin with. Them Italians just have it in their blood. Hell, just listen to the way they talk.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:50 PM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by werksracer
As much pleasure as I get out of bashing vettes, I wouldn't call the LeMans race a bashing by corvette. They were actually multiple laps down to the lead Ferrari when IT had trouble, until then, the Ferrari was running, well maybe not running, but walking quickly away.

I think it's funny how corvette is screaming about all of their success now, cause they sure couldn't say **** when they couldn't beat the (factory) Vipers.

Oh man, wouldn't the GTS series get REALLY interesting IF Porsche goes and makes that 928-like GT, using the Cayenne's Twin Turbo V-8??????
Well said. Funny how the Corvette boys do have selective amnesia when it came to the Viper asskicking they got.

Believe it or not, Porsche is thinking about a factory GTS entry. Was told that the usual internal B.S battle is on going until Wedeking kills that project also.

Let's wait and see..........

Theo

Old 06-23-2004, 12:12 AM
VAVAVOOOOOOM
phatGT2 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Benjamin Choi

A Ferrari sounds better. A Ferrari feels better. A Ferrari looks better. A Ferrari pulls down panties quicker.

Fair point, and everyone has their personal opinion on this matter.

However do you really agree a ferrari sounds better? I for one dont, sure it screams and it has a great sound, but seriously I dont think you can beat the sound of a porsche turbod engine, especially the sound of the GT2, but then again Im completely in love with Porsches...bottom line its a different sound thats all, but
I wouldnt say a ferrari sounds better...

A ferrari feels better, a hell no...sitting in both, porsche all the way no comparison, the ferrari feels cheap, even my gf told me, she was in the UK with me when I was driving my dads car, she opened up the passenger make up mirror and she was like, "what the **** is this piece of plastic stuck on here? someone should tell these guys at ferrari how to make a sun visor." now for the feel of the road give me the porsche anyday, but maybe thats just personal preference...

A ferrari looks better? again just personal preference, a ferrari is a ferrari, if you ask my mom about it she thinks they look like vettes (remember im in europe, vettes are considered for "european redneck lookalike wannabes" especially where my mom is from) and she says porsches are elegant and a sportscar at the same time, so its all personal preference...but again i wouldnt say that one looks better than the other, they are different..

And as for the ferrari pulls panties down quicker? well I guess I dont need a car to pull down panties so thats probably why im not really going to go into that, plus who would want a H0 thats only interested in the car??? I sure dont!!!

All in all i enjoy both cars but there is more than one thing that will make me choose porsche over and over again...And yes im a car nut so its not like I dont love ferrari´s or any exotic for that matter, but its just that the two in this case are different and im not saying one is better than the other, but one sure as hell involves too much status and the other is under rated for sure, i´ll let you be the judge as to which is which....

take care

steve

Old 06-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
I wonder how those guys would defend the fact that the Corvettes destroyed the 550/575 Maranello's and the GT3RSR's destroyed the 360 Modena's at LeMans this year...
They would defend it with a common political debate trick called misdirection: Formula 1 and M. Schumacher.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:44 PM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
yeah, it is pretty simple......factory efforts have the funding and factory support (financially and technically) to dominate, therefore the wins in each category for each cooresponding victories.