996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh

It's been a long time since we posted anything about our 996TT but she's alive. Great White TT is back and spruced up some for the spring... The car still has the EVO/SharkWerks 3.8L kit along with the EVOGT800 on it (that's as far as I'm ever going to go) but because I'm getting old it was time to try out another exhaust. I'm getting too old for straight pipes After installing a few of the newest gen 3 Fabspeed's I have to say these are leaps and bounds ahead of anything we saw years ago on the gen 1s. Fitment is really good. The drone/resonance is really much less of an issue on this new-style system. Mke@EVO had a lot of success with the 70mm version on his 3.8 so he recommended we give it a go. It's all modular so the install is obviously quite easy. Job well done there and I was very suprised (pleasantly). Having the turbo kit and power level we have still means we need something that flows real well and this puppy does the job nicely. We're not "loosing" too much power over the straight pipes and what we're gaining is being able to listen to my ipod again We got the tubi-style tips powder coated black since I'm not big on shiny/chrome....

Next up is the 12x18 (covered in 335 meats) and 9x18 HRE C-20 Competitions. We went with charcoal on the center, outer and satin on the inside. Different but we like it....

Anyway's here's some pix:
here's the 70mm Gen 3 Fabspeed and tips:

Now that the rain's finally stopped it's time for some C16 and Boost... I mised boost

Old 02-07-2008, 07:38 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
great white TT's frickin insane!! To think that I was parked next to an 800+ hp beast the last time I was over there... yet she looks so civilized.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:44 PM
mhemperly is infamous around these parts
what he said! ^^^

Old 02-07-2008, 08:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
great white TT's frickin insane!! To think that I was parked next to an 800+ hp beast the last time I was over there... yet she looks so civilized.
Except when we pop the "boot"

and on the inside...

Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Nice Alex.... I like the EBC LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Nice Alex.... I like the EBC LOL
Thanks pal. I wouldn't worry.. it's a fuggese....

Old 02-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Nothing like a sexy white TT with Big power! Sweet Car Master Sharky! Cant wait to get mine back So close I can taste it.

S

Old 02-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Highhats
Nothing like a sexy white TT with Big power! Sweet Car Master Sharky! Cant wait to get mine back So close I can taste it.

S
Whitey's stick together man. Thanks for the kind words and I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve What's the ETA on yours?

Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
alex i want one of those big red things for my car

Old 02-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sharkster
Whitey's stick together man. Thanks for the kind words and I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve What's the ETA on yours?

A week I believe. Wish me luck!

S

Old 02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Looks Great Alex. Now lets see some video clips. Can you take some shot under the hood too?

Bro - that bottom side of the motor is sooo clean.

What size are the wheels and will they fit over 15inch brembo monoblock? PM me a price

Jag

Old 02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Highhats
A week I believe. Wish me luck!

S
Hey Suman, one week will fly by and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Besides haven't you got that other toy to mess around with

Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Looks Great Alex. Now lets see some video clips. Can you take some shot under the hood too?

Bro - that bottom side of the motor is sooo clean.

What size are the wheels and will they fit over 15inch brembo monoblock? PM me a price

Jag
Cheers Jags. I'll get some but no more drag racing for me. I like the way she runs too much Plus I never get out these days;(

You want some of the front where the EVO fuel kit is or more of the engine bay? Either way I'll snag some tomorrow...

On the bottom of the motor... well she's been built twice, once at EVO and once by James so in the process we got all of that janky cosmoline off. I hate that stuff. Evil....

On the wheels, Email me the part number of your brake kit and I'll check. They work on my 15 inch 8 piston GTR brakes but the caliper is smaller than the GT 8 piston so I'd need to know what you got....

Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
spidey is infamous around these parts
Lookin good

I finally need to get those intercoolers installed.....

See you guys soon.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by spidey
Lookin good

I finally need to get those intercoolers installed.....

See you guys soon.
howdy spidey! We miss you... You were and still are one of the OG's... They're up on the shelf in front waiting for it to get "hot"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh