996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Post up your Standing Mile Speeds!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
mike@usp is infamous around these parts
Post up your Standing Mile Speeds!!!

I am curious to see how fast alot of you guys are running in the standing mile.. I know Eddie Bello clicked off a 219 or better and i was told he will be deep in the 220's this year since he has figured out a few issues.. I attend 3-4 Maxton Landspeed events each year with my bikes But never see any porsches there.. I hear alot of guys do TX instead.. Let me know if any of you guys plan to run Maxton , NC this year.. Below are my bike speeds. I am yet to run my cars there..

2006 Zx-10r 205mph on motor 209.5mph on bottle ( Worlds Fastest 1000 )

2005 Turbo Hayabusa 236.9mph

2003 1507cc Hayabusa 219mph All Motor ( 3mph off World Record pace. That Record is going down this year.. )

Old 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
wow this sounds good to me. April this Year in MAxton NC www.ecta-lsr.com

Looks easier for me to get to then Texas.

S

Old 02-08-2008, 11:03 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
TX is going to be a great event, I am excited to see what the tuners bring out to run and what MPH they are putting down.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Highhats
wow this sounds good to me. April this Year in MAxton NC www.ecta-lsr.com

Looks easier for me to get to then Texas.

S

The only problem with april is its the busiest event cause its the 1st and also they do some hot rod thing.. We always go in May to start the season off.. You should go faster in NC with the better air.. The track isnt as nice but the weather conditions are better..

Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mike@usp
The only problem with april is its the busiest event cause its the 1st and also they do some hot rod thing.. We always go in May to start the season off.. You should go faster in NC with the better air.. The track isnt as nice but the weather conditions are better..

May it is Brother! Im there...

Suman

Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
May it is Brother! Im there...

Suman

Awesome.. I will look for your car.. You should give the ole' Daily evo a run as well..

Old 02-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Mike how are you liking the APR software? Brian at ICS performance did a 997 turbo and the car was very conservatively tuned. How is it for you beast especially on Pump?

S

Old 02-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Mike how are you liking the APR software? Brian at ICS performance did a 997 turbo and the car was very conservatively tuned. How is it for you beast especially on Pump?

S

We are very happy with the software.. We made ~460 on 93 octane I believe with the APR software.. I can recheck my dyno log if you need to know exact.. I know we made 490 on 103 and 527tq.. All we did for those #'s is the chip.. Also those #'s are RWD..

Last edited by mike@usp; 02-08-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Awesome.. I will look for your car.. You should give the ole' Daily evo a run as well..

Maybe I can have the evo tow the porsche! NATTT! just playin', next time for the evo. I want to build the motor put the hta35r on her and then we can re think that option. lol

S

Old 02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
We are very happy with the software.. We made ~460 on 93 octane I believe with the APR software.. I can recheck my dyno log if you need.. I know we made 490 on 103 and 527tq..

RWHP number I assume (dynojet)?!?! If so solid for k16's... I did 485rwhp on my k16's with fvd stage 2 on pump gas

S

Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
RWHP number I assume (dynojet)?!?! If so solid for k16's... I did 485rwhp on my k16's with fvd stage 2 on pump gas

S

yeah RWHP Dynojet #'s.. 485 is big on pump.. congrats

Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
HI, Eddie and myself were sign up for the maxton mile until we read the rules, Cars with 12 point cage, fire system, licensing and chute can run! all others are limited to 150 mph if you brake that speed you get tossed out and are band from all affiliated venues (Texas mile and the salt flats). I will be at The Texas Mile hoping to brake into the 200 group. We all know Eddie is there all ready, daily driving his car to the shop every day!
Hope to meet some new 6speeders down there!
Tim

Old 02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
HI, Eddie and myself were sign up for the maxton mile until we read the rules, Cars with 12 point cage, fire system, licensing and chute can run! all others are limited to 150 mph if you brake that speed you get tossed out and are band from all affiliated venues (Texas mile and the salt flats). I will be at The Texas Mile hoping to brake into the 200 group. We all know Eddie is there all ready, daily driving his car to the shop every day!
Hope to meet some new 6speeders down there!
Tim

WOW now that sucks.. 150mph?? Amazing, you can go 250mph on a bike and all you need is leathers and safety wire.. Those rules are so outdated IMO.. Tell me what porsche 996 or 997 cant stop with 9/10ths of a mile shutdown w/o a chute.. I can see for 200+mph cause i watched the Viper go 230mph in october when we were there and it was Naaaaasty!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I guess TX it is!

S

Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Hi, Sorry not to answer the question. Here are some Porsche numbers I know.
EVOMS 997TT 187.xx
Woodster 996TT 190.xx
RPMNORTH 996TT 191.xx
Eddie 964TT 219.xx
Hope these numbers help,
Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post up your Standing Mile Speeds!!!