996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

rejex detail in los angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 09:10 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by alamein
what retail store can you buy Rejex at in So Cal? AutoZone? Pep Boys?
never seen it seen in stores.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:17 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Buy Rejex from board sponsors. Talk to Arling at Lucent or George at Akkurat. They can also tell you how to apply it, but it's pretty simple. Only takes me about 20minutes to do the entire car.
i was just gonna say call Kirby, the RejeX master in west coast! maybe Kirby u can do his car while u in LA next time.

OKHJOON190,
i got planty of RejeX if u want to borrow mine first. i don't mind let it go on ur cobalt beauty. let me know. as far as i know there is no detailer using RejeX yet! if u need a guy let me know.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:55 AM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
i need a detail guy

Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
I had a buddy that just did a full detail w/ rejex and I wasn't impressed...
Rejex wasn't that deep and clear. At angles you couldn't even tell what color the car was sometimes. It was just a reflection. I personally like depth in my waxes...
Scott; I am always interested when a perception such as that is expressed. (Not a slam, but I find it curious is all).
While I understand that it is a "different" shine (vastly shinier actually), I am intrigued that some people find brand A better than brand C because it is "shinier", but when Cyrstalguard and Rejex come along and are so superior as far a shine goes, then it is "fake", "not deep" or some other kind of "too shiny". I also think that the "depth" sometimes referred to is that many waxes actually DO change the color of the car. I might be wrong but I suspect that most waxes in fact leave much more "color" behind than Rejex does.
I have Rejex and CrystalGuard on cars and they are some shinyass ****'s to be sure. RejeX may have actually been inspired by the Klingon Cloaking device... is that a car or a cloud passing by

Old 06-22-2004, 10:13 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Rejex is p1mp. Plain and simple.. My car being black and ghetto is always dirty. Well it used to be....

Old 06-22-2004, 11:54 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by OKHJOON190
i need a detail guy
Come on!.... This is a great time to do it yourself and also to really check out your car in detail. All you have to do is wash your car with Dawn dish-washing detergent to remove any oil, grease, road-grime, bugs and wax that is on your car. Wash your wheels and tires with a different washing device from the rest of the car so that any grit from the wheels won't harm your paint. After that, clay bar your car with any top grade auto detailers clay bar (Mequires, Mothers etc..) using just a little bit and use water as a lube. Just go over the entire car real lightly with the clay making sure to get every inch, including your windshield and if you drop the piece your using, trash it because it's no good. Just tear off another small piece from a fresh bar and continue until done. After that, rinse the car off while running your hand on every inch of your car to feel for any defects because your hand will be sensitive from being water logged. After rinsing, use a silicone water squeegee to help remove any water on the car and then dry with a lint free microfiber towel or chamois.

Park your car in the garage and do the Rejex. Before using Rejex, make sure the ambient temperature in your garage is below 85*. If it's higher, just wait until it drops down to 84* or so. Once you have Rejex your car, you have to wait at least twelve hours until you can pull it out in direct sunlight. Wait about an hour to remove the dried hazed Rejex and then just wipe off with a clean terry cloth towel. When you apply Rejex, cover every inch of paint on the car and include your windshield. If you decide to do a second coat, wipe down the car down with a damp clean terry cloth or such and than put on another coat if you want too. Now, before the second coat, you have to wait eight hours before it goes on and then after the second coat, twelve hours before you can drive your sparkling new car. When you wash your car later on, just use a plain old high grade car wash soap and it will dry off easier than normal. Have fun!
You can do it!!!!!

Old 06-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing like RejeX

Old 06-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
What is the deal with "too shiny?" RejeX is a good product... superior protection and easy application.. and shiny too. Be careful on dark colors with streaking... just let it sit in the sun for about 30minutes and it will all melt away.

This is a fresh double application (12 hours apart). Ridiculous!

This is the same double application after 350 mile drive from Jacksonville to Boca Raton after a quick wash only! Supa-shine!

Old 06-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Rob in Potomac
Robert in Potom is infamous around these parts
greyghost - your car looks fantastic. I am even more impressed and envious as my Atlas Grey tt cab is due in a couple of weeks. Did you just apply Rejex shortly after you picked up the car?

I would love to have my car look like that.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Rob... tell the dealer not to wax the car. If you could get RejeX on there first it would probably be the ultimate protection from the get go. I had to strip Zymol off mine with a paintwork cleanser and a clay bar for ultimate results. Remeber, RejeX is a protectant (like teflon) not a wax... if you need to hide minor surface scratches then use P21S or comperable carnuba.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Atlas is a bizarre color... I think you will enjoy it. I hope you like to work hard to keep it looking good... dark colors can be a ***** but the results are worth it if you are successful.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:51 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by greyghost
Dark colors can be a ***** but the results are worth it if you are successful.
And you obviously are!!!! Your car looks awesome!!!

Old 06-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Banned
deeroff is infamous around these parts
Isn't Rejex supposed to make taking off the bugs and road crap much easier in between full detail -- that's why I think I am going to use it -- the shine is a secondary benefit (tho looking at those shots of the atlas grey - yee haaa)

Old 06-22-2004, 09:46 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by OKHJOON190
i need a detail guy
can the guy that washes it detail it?

Old 06-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by dpblessing
Scott; I am always interested when a perception such as that is expressed. (Not a slam, but I find it curious is all).
While I understand that it is a "different" shine (vastly shinier actually), I am intrigued that some people find brand A better than brand C because it is "shinier", but when Cyrstalguard and Rejex come along and are so superior as far a shine goes, then it is "fake", "not deep" or some other kind of "too shiny". I also think that the "depth" sometimes referred to is that many waxes actually DO change the color of the car. I might be wrong but I suspect that most waxes in fact leave much more "color" behind than Rejex does.
I have Rejex and CrystalGuard on cars and they are some shinyass ****'s to be sure. RejeX may have actually been inspired by the Klingon Cloaking device... is that a car or a cloud passing by
Everyone has different likes in a wax. And no offense but there are many wax's out there as good as rejex and CG. They aren't that superior. I will give it to rejex, it's a great system and better then most of the over the counter products, but IMO it's nothing to go nuts over, i've tried almost everything out there and there are a few IMO that surpass rejex and a good amount that are just as good. One thing i'm still waiting to give my final opinion on is how long it lasts. I've said the same thing about zaino since I started using it 2+ years ago. And i'm not calling myself an expert, i'm just a wax nut and switch around all the time to try new and old products.

take a look from what people think about it on www.autopia.com

Some love it some hate it. Some agree w/ me that it's to shiny and doesn't provide depth. But as I said, people want different things from different products.

and you put wax on top of a clear coat, it's not changing the color

Now, I will use this stuff again, i'm not saying I hate it, it just wasn't what I had expected from all of the raves. I plan on doing my girlfriends silver accord in it soon.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 06-22-2004 at 09:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rejex detail in los angeles