996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Honestly guys this Tym Switzer Standalone sounds great ot me right now. Having a speed density tune sounds great and the progress Tym has made on the 997tt speaks a thousand words.

Im still up in the air with what to do about tuning. EPL sounds good ebcuase hes local and thats what i need right now.

S

Old 04-05-2008, 02:43 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
UH? I have replied to all my PMs. None from you though! Drop me a call or email or PM me again please.
Sent you another PM yesterday...

Old 04-05-2008, 07:22 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Once again you are considering making changes on your project.. please just get the car running then make all the changes you want.
just my 2 cents
R

Old 04-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
No I dont think so. Ive always custom tuned cars to the modifications on the car not create the build to an OTS file. In my build the last 3 months became turning my car into the program that was provided. Where's the custom tuning in that? I think Tym is onto something and his customer satisfaction is obviously apparent. I will absolutely look into this option this following week and possibly 2 day truck my car to him.

S

Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think you can get more custom than my car when it comes to a tune. I have a gt3 tune, using gt3 cams in 3.8 liter 996 turbo. The maf is different as well as the location of this sensor. The list is long to all the changes I have done thus Todd has created a tune for my car. This is not a cookie cutter approach and actually my car continues to evolve. Todd will be working on a new tune for my car in July adding some special sauce! Then who knows 4 liters?? This is fun but I want to drive it some more... I will try to post some videos this week... just got back in from some fun in Mexico!!! Suman, I just dont understand why you keep changing your mind about your car?? I hope you dont drive Stephen or Todd crazy with all of these flights of ideas.
Good Luck once again
Robert

Old 04-06-2008, 11:04 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Some videos of you beast runing would be NICE !!!

Old 04-06-2008, 11:33 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Suman-
Like Jimmy Buffet so eloquently said.... "the pleasure was worth all the pain." It's like building a new house; you get it dried in and all looks good but then the real work starts. You are 99% there bro, hang in there then enjoy the hell out of the rocket knowing that when it's done, it'll be done correctly..

Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I dont think you can get more custom than my car when it comes to a tune. I have a gt3 tune, using gt3 cams in 3.8 liter 996 turbo. The maf is different as well as the location of this sensor. The list is long to all the changes I have done thus Todd has created a tune for my car. This is not a cookie cutter approach and actually my car continues to evolve. Todd will be working on a new tune for my car in July adding some special sauce! Then who knows 4 liters?? This is fun but I want to drive it some more... I will try to post some videos this week... just got back in from some fun in Mexico!!! Suman, I just dont understand why you keep changing your mind about your car?? I hope you dont drive Stephen or Todd crazy with all of these flights of ideas.
Good Luck once again
Robert
Rob I could not agree more. It's like he's selling his car and the setup short already, meanwhile he has know idea what it will run like, feel like, how quick it will be and already you want to upgrade above and beyond that.

Rome wasn't built in a day, you cannot run before you walk, take one step at a time and get this stage of the build completed and running, then decide

Old 04-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Honestly guys this Tym Switzer Standalone sounds great ot me right now. Having a speed density tune sounds great and the progress Tym has made on the 997tt speaks a thousand words.

S
Don't be stupid... open your eyes - your in the hands of 2 good guys.... one an engine builder another the tuner... the minute you take your car to get tuned by someone else you will loose all the warranty if and when things go wrong... then the blaming game will begin.....
Let other cars be experimented on first... then reap the benefits if you choose at a later time... trust me I know I learned on my car....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Suman
Just give the build a chance to completed. My car had to be built 2 times before it was a complete package. Now it runs like a factory, should I say like two factory turbos LOL!! I am interested in knowing what has been done thus far?
Good luck
Robert

Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 AM
still problems, It wasn't the coolant temp switch. No dyno numbers today... Dont even know right now.. Hoping its something simple...

S

Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Be patient, the Doctor is working on it.

MK

Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Be patient!!!!! It is hard but look how long it took for me to get all the kinks worked out.
Good luck
Robert

Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Anyone have a spare 996tt ecu they can sell me? thanks

Old 04-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Yes........ I do........But I think there might be some pin layout changes thought the years!! What year is yours? Or IA can get you one new. Wait are you price shopping agian.......
Tim

Originally Posted by Highhats
Anyone have a spare 996tt ecu they can sell me? thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt