996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:43 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris
Come by for lunch and I will take you out for a roller coaster ride!
Robert

Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Suman......... We need a decent (lengthy) sound clip of the beast. That and a video of the dyno-run which includes "napalm-esque" activity at the exhaust..

Also, a "smell" clip of the tires being roasted off of the car (like marshmellows) on all four corners.

Maybe you and Ben can get some props for "artistic renderings" in a few parking lots?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
problem was not the ECU but the file dyno runs to follow(ecu for sale?!?!!?!). Video.... I wish Ive asked for videos numerous times. This they have never facilitated.

S

Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I told you I bought everyone in the shop iPhones and they do not have the ability to do video. Aside from that I am more focused on getting the damn car run on the dyno and completed not making videos!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
I told you I bought everyone in the shop iPhones and they do not have the ability to do video. Aside from that I am more focused on getting the damn car run on the dyno and completed not making videos!
Suman -- I reckon you are in very good hands and need to let them simply get the job done. Being patient when getting close to finished is one of the hardest things to do-- but being on your tech guys case only serves as a diversion that they do not need . The more HP that is going to be achieved the greater the complications- this is not simply a bolt on" there you go" deal and the problem solving HAS to be done as and when they arise. Asking "when" is like asking "how long is a piece of string" ? The answer" I don"t know"-- you are asking-- yes-- but how long is it"?

Old 04-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Your ordeal is what concerns me about projects like this... Will it ever be sorted to the point of 100% reliability? Will you be able to jump in the car and drive it from Connecticut to LA or Miami?

Mike

Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Your ordeal is what concerns me about projects like this... Will it ever be sorted to the point of 100% reliability? Will you be able to juno carmp in the car and drive it from Connecticut to LA or Miami?

Mike
No car is 100% reliable and the hp one adds reliability drops. That goes any make or model. I know one guy beats on his porsche and he has 800+ hp with more then 20k miles.
Suman should go on a vacation for 2 weeks and let the pros do their job. Np one said this is a easy job. Suman knew that. And should expect the unexpected. He is not the only one with problems. We all had them so I just dont understand. Heck we had a clutch problem that took a few months to sort out And its still not working properly. I am sure more things will come up u just have to learn to work around them.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
No offense Suman but you seem like the worst type of customer to have IMO

Good luck with the car

Christian

Old 04-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Christian
No offense Suman but you seem like the worst type of customer to have IMO

Good luck with the car

Christian

Whatever dude! You would feel the same way after 11 months. THis thread is officially closed. Ill enjoy my car with out updating anyone. GOOD BYE

Old 04-14-2008, 08:24 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
custom

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Your ordeal is what concerns me about projects like this... Will it ever be sorted to the point of 100% reliability? Will you be able to jump in the car and drive it from Connecticut to LA or Miami?

Mike
Custom jobs like this are always hit with snags. Once they are running properly there's normally zero issues. You pull apart the car and everything that wasn't 110% is going to get replaced. Once complete, it's just breakage that becomes the concern. That's driver error and not a bad build. This is just the normal software glitches that you get when shooting for the moon.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I live in Kansas City and know Stephen. Stephen has worked on my 930 several times. I believe anyone can understand the frustration involved with waiting. However, I am sure the wait is due to the custom nature of this project and because Stephen wants it to be perfect and will not accept "close enough" as good. Believe me, your car is in very good hands.