996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
For all the guys that upgraded to the 3.8L... I really really hope the R&D put into these set ups will not let us down... I mean, we all know how some the hardware was OFF... it seems like the tuners figured it out but still not enough feedback to say YEAH I want one... and that is the reason I actually did not want to be a ginny pig... I was one when already with the GT3 head and cam work... and it's no fun... and as I mentioned a while back, had my tuner known what he knows now my car would have come out a lot better.... unfortunately, we fall into the trap because we are like little kids... we want the new best thing... I just hope all these builds I hear about will still be running 6 months from now.... because if you look back at all the 3.6 build outs... very very few of them actually ran the way they were supposed too.... including mine....
good luck,
markski
Amen Mark!!! Well stated!!!

Craig

Old 03-16-2008, 01:20 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I hear ya brother!
R

Old 03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Any updates or fotos?

Old 03-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Suman, I could tell you had a few screws loose when we met up last year, I just didn't realize HOW MANY screws you had loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, this is insane......I can't wait to hear and see the results!

Old 03-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah, all these builds are insane! Please Suman give us an update.
Robert

Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
been trying to get a hold of Stephen with no luck.

S

Old 03-18-2008, 07:05 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The car is being broken in as we can. Weather has been less than stellar here so we are doing what we can to speed the process.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Stephen
Any updates?

Old 03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
So Now next week I guess. hes all jammed up. All you guys waiting... one more week. I know I know... what can I do.

S

Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, for me Texas 2k8 starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be a small group of guys getting together..hmmm 1400 hp Supra, SC Vette, 900 Supra, 750 Honda!!! I hope we can get some video tonight for ya guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wisht there where more Porsche... come on Suman I need your crazy self here to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best wishes
Robert

Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
We are still breaking it in, now that weather is finally turned around we can get some good seat time. We are jammed this week to tune with Todd as well as he is rather busy himself. So next week it should be broken in my way and ready for dyno time.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Yo Doc BOB maybe Ill fly down tomm. I took the rest of the week off with my wife. Hopefully youll get a call form me tomm.

S

Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sitting in the airport terminal ready to get home and finish the car. Though i still have a lot left to do on my brothers car. I hope i can find time to finish my own. If u come down suman let me know.

Hopefully the doc will guide me in the right ways so i can finish the car and load up a base file and get her fired up so i can break her in the right way. Then it will be time to put in the race gas, turn up the boost and kick some of the slower supras and vettes ***!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Anyupdates?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Master cylinder died on us. Working on getting it back on the road. Dyno time next week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt