996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Taster"s Choice

Guys,

It's another HUGELY powerful car that ran a guy $250K for cost of car plus modifications.

We'll see video when Stephen has it done and with luck, Suman hasn't wasted all of this pressure on Doc and has actually dialed Excellence magazine so that he gets some publicity and further, rewards Doc and Proto for all of their assistance while Suman writes checks.

Been there done that. Hire the nest people and leave them alone. They work better thata way.

Any more pinging from all of us and Doc is likely to split a driveshaft with his bare hands while working on his Karate.

SY

Old 03-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Ok?!?!?!! lol.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:04 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
So the mile is out? Hey is Joe going?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:48 AM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
Suman which turbo and fuel system are you using ?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I dont even know guys... I mean shops in our area dread having cars sitting as long as mine has... Its not even worth me flying down to IA to just look at my car. Stephen PROMISED me by middle of next week MY 72lb INJECTORS will be in the car and my NEW PLUGS will be in there also. theres no way ever a car liek this will make 800rwhp(on a REALwheel/tire dyno) let alone 700awhp on 60lb injectors I dont care if you think your a rocket scientist. GT800 kit uses 72lb injectors and makes 740awhp. They also do this with a gt3076/k24 turbo which is basically a .58 a/r turbine housing. I like there mentality so I wll Merge the proto tune and the mentality of the gt800 kit. 1.7bar or die!

S

Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
I dont even know guys... I mean shops in our area dread having cars sitting as long as mine has... Its not even worth me flying down to IA to just look at my car. Stephen PROMISED me by middle of next week MY 72lb INJECTORS will be in the car and my NEW PLUGS will be in there also. theres no way ever a car liek this will make 800rwhp(on a REALwheel/tire dyno) let alone 700awhp on 60lb injectors I dont care if you think your a rocket scientist. GT800 kit uses 72lb injectors and makes 740awhp. They also do this with a gt3076/k24 turbo which is basically a .58 a/r turbine housing. I like there mentality so I wll Merge the proto tune and the mentality of the gt800 kit. 1.7bar or die!

S
Bro I feel your pain!

Old 03-30-2008, 03:44 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Any news or fotos? I want to see your engine!!!!!!!!
Robert

Old 03-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
MY 72lb INJECTORS will be in the car and my NEW PLUGS will be in there also. theres no way ever a car liek this will make 800rwhp(on a REALwheel/tire dyno) let alone 700awhp on 60lb injectors I dont care if you think your a rocket scientist. GT800 kit uses 72lb injectors and makes 740awhp.

S
Suman,
I and Scott both made well over 800 rwhp on 60 lbs injectors... however, my fuel system is north or $8K
We both upgraded the injectors since then....
You ahev to understand one thing- that injector SIZE is not the only determining factor in the amount of HP that can be reached ...
And here is my proof...
Todd uses 60 lbs. injectors on 24/18G builds... with the 2 series pumps...
Yes when used in parallel with huge braided lines you can get another 200 rwhp....
Now if you argument is about Dynos used for such measures then this another argument that I choose not to get into.... But from my experience its very possible to hit even upper 800rwhp ...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-30-2008, 05:40 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Suman is running a 044 in tank that he had send to us and a rear 044 he had sent to us. We ran -8 from the bulkhead to the second pump then -6 to the rail and -6 return per instruction. 1.7 I still feel is too much as well as most. The fear is expansion on heads. This in turn will cause the heads to leak. It is a very fine line with pressure and CFM. Again, not everything is about pressure. The 72s installed when you do the math will not have enough pump with two 044s to run them at peak. So in theory and based on the math max out a 66 @ 5 bar or upgrade the fuel system again. Agreed it is not all about injector size but as much flow.

Here is an example. I spent the day tuning a 930, yes I know it is Sunday. The car was fine until we hit the upper threshold of boost. Large enough injectors since I have done hundreds of these builds and tunes. I kept adding and adding fuel. Duty finally was set at damn near 100% and the car still was leaning out. Put on a pressure gauge and the pumps were jumping, 38lns static, 55 under boost. 5 seconds after that the gauge started coming down from lack of flow. Just couldn't keep up. So new pumps he gets. One is weak and failing. Same principle applies here.

I would rather he have the car then me, but am just the engine builder. That has been done for months and running.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I agree with Stephen... 2 044 pumps in series like Proto does will reach mid 700rwhp max... if that.....
You can do the 2 parallel 044s sucking from each sponson then merging into one line... plugging off the existing FPR inlet... sticking a FPR in the back... etc...
The unfortunate side to recent builds is that car owners are deciding what they want the tuner/builder to use and or do... and usually it ends up costing twice as much... like it probably will in this case...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Honestly after this whole headache I dont even want the car. I prey that my car will be finished this week and able to be driven 200 miles with out falling apart.

All I want to know is that this car will hold what we can dish, if thats 1.5 bar then that. As of right now its all just peoples theories. We havent even gotten the car on the dyno or boosting hence my sadness.

Last edited by Highhats; 03-30-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 PM
All I dont trust any Dynapack numbers for its a hub dyno. If anyone has concrete Mustang/dynojet number from these Proto HUGE HP claims I would really like to hear them.

As far as falling apart. One coolant line broke already as well as an EVOMS purchased GT2 clutch master cylinder which they did not replace on there tab and was actually dished out of stephens pocket.

Last edited by Highhats; 03-30-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Hmmmm You should have came down for the Supra Nats??? No dyno needed when you have a concreate dyno :-) Marek has ran 9's on this dyno and Scott has run equal with the Supra that can run a 4.5 60 to 130... hmmm I think those are very good dyno numbers! As far as my car, have not been beaten yet on this dyno.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey Rob to ease my mind and others Can you please get your car dyno'ed at the local dynojet in your area. Im not ******* on your car. I just want something I can compare to because in my neighborhood we only have mustangs and dynojets. thanks in advance

Suman

Post it also Im sure so many people are curious.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Suman, please listen. My car will only be dyno in the presence of Todd Knighton. My car is a work of art, thus I dont want to do anything to hurt my car. Secondly, numbers dont always tell the true story; however, that is what everyone is interested in.... here are some of my numbers... I have raced several 850+ rwhp cars and thus far have I have driven off with a smile :-) Suman, build your car and be happy with it. Dont compare it to mine, Scott's, Joe or who ever has a turbo. In the end, it is your car.
Good luck
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt