996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I want to see a curve specifically to compare spool up and AFR. Im not looking at peak power yet midrange and TQ at full boost. You wont break your car on a dynojet. Your rwd also (takes 5 minutes to get you on the dyno). Get three guys in the back seat, 8 straps and Bonzai! If Eddie Bello can get numbers rwd then You can... Who told you you will break something?

S

Old 03-30-2008, 08:14 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I dont have a dyno sheet. There was one posted earlier but I thought you saw it? All the info you need can be obtain from Stephen or Todd K. You need to listen to these guys and not from me.... I am not a tuner or a builder!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Also Guys Evoms took a car with under 800rwhp and went 9.65 which will probably never ever be beaten. My point is exactly what I said, I want to see how the 3.8 helped spool and the peak power comparison visually of the gt30/gt35 difference on a dynojet or mustang dyno. Im not calling anyone out or trying to wreck people hopes for crazy BHP.

S

Old 03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
I dont have a dyno sheet. There was one posted earlier but I thought you saw it? All the info you need can be obtain from Stephen or Todd K. You need to listen to these guys and not from me.... I am not a tuner or a builder!

As an owner you dont want to put your car on a true WHEEL dyno? I mean Rob forever you were the guy bummin about numbers and now I ask for some help and you leave me hangin. Why I dont get it?

Old 03-30-2008, 08:54 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Suman please get the car done and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

He didnt say he wouldnt put his car on a Dyno, He said he would not do it
without Todd Knighton sitting in the seat with his Laptop monitering things.
You guys all have way too much money and time in your builds to just do a certain
kind of dyno for others peoples needs. Suman you and Rob are completely different animals with different needs. Just wait until your car is done and let's say you have a dyno from the Good Doctor Kasper and someone tells you they want to see How your
car, turbos, tuning and motor responds on a DynaPack for comparison (the best dyno to
actually tune a car on), What would you say?
You have a fun and interesting project, quit asking so much of everyone else and just
get the damn thing done!
MK

Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Too much time in the shop, not enough time enjoying it you fool :P What's up man? Glad to see it almost coming to an end, hope it all goes smoothly!

Old 03-30-2008, 10:29 PM
never knew it was so difficult to get one of you guys on a dynojet... geeshhhh whatever doesnt matter...

You like I have been waiting for dyno sheets. So the wait should end soon I hope. Hopefully by early this week she can hit the dyno.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
He didnt say he wouldnt put his car on a Dyno, He said he would not do it
without Todd Knighton sitting in the seat with his Laptop monitering things.
You guys all have way too much money and time in your builds to just do a certain
kind of dyno for others peoples needs. Suman you and Rob are completely different animals with different needs. Just wait until your car is done and let's say you have a dyno from the Good Doctor Kasper and someone tells you they want to see How your
car, turbos, tuning and motor responds on a DynaPack for comparison (the best dyno to
actually tune a car on), What would you say?
You have a fun and interesting project, quit asking so much of everyone else and just
get the damn thing done!
MK
I would say if you want to see my car make 13 percent more power then a dynojet/Mustang sure Ill take my wheels off for ya? Right now I would say anything if it meant I would be the one doing it to my car lol. Still dont think its asking alot.. but its all good.

heres a cool video for you all to check out(no affiliation)... VIDEO

Last edited by Highhats; 03-30-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a fan of the Nissan.
R

Old 03-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Also Guys Evoms took a car with under 800rwhp and went 9.65 which will probably never ever be beaten. My point is exactly what I said, I want to see how the 3.8 helped spool and the peak power comparison visually of the gt30/gt35 difference on a dynojet or mustang dyno. Im not calling anyone out or trying to wreck people hopes for crazy BHP.
S
the point that you seem to me making just doesnt make sense... it seems to me that waht your saying is that we the non mustang dyno cars with over 800 rwhp are probably nowhere near those figures because none of us ran 9.65... but respectfully I will disagree... HP dyno figures are just one part of the puzzle... so much more goes into making a P car go that fast in the 1/4 that those only tried it understand the complexity...
Suman,
If you give me $27K for my motor I will beat that 9.65. If I dont I will give you that money... unfortunately I need a dry drag clutch... throw out the AC compressor and the power steering,get theBogart rims, probably a LSD and run the car at 1.7 bars and its done... that I know. It comes down to money and not HP. If I had something to gain(financial) in this escapade I probably would strongly pursue the 1/4 because the exposure gained from possibly beating that record is priceless... and no money can buy that....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-31-2008, 05:38 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
. It comes down to money and not HP. If I had something to gain(financial) in this escapade I probably would strongly pursue the 1/4 because the exposure gained from possibly beating that record is priceless... and no money can buy that....
markski
Keep telling yourself that......mph doesn't lie....the car was light JUST LIKE YOURS,and alot of things just went right that night.All the money in the world sitting in the passenger seat of my pickup doesn't make it run 9's.Cheers.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:43 AM
Mark i was never bashing your car nor am I one that stands up for EVOMS but the bare fact is the car went deep into the 9's. I dont see why you think you need 30k to accomplish this. Maybe you just need your own insight in your build? You obviously have more then enough power to do this. I think your lag and the fact that you dont come to full boost as quick as the evoms car is whats whats holding you back from being faster. I feel my car with the awd and proper driving can do 9's as well. its about the conditions, driver and desire. I mean these cars that dip into the 9's tend to flat foot shift(gas to the floor) come with boost off the line or just are flat out lucky that day. The bare fact is look at the ET of the evoms car. the theory behind the gt800 turbos is why I went with a tight turbine A/r, Its also why I wanted a Hi HP car which boosts quicker then the rest.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:45 AM
PS no where did I say I would daily drive my car at 1.7 bar. But on the strip and the mile I will run that much boost. It might only be a short period but I want to know it can go there. Sharky has the same exact motor build as me and he successfully has put down 750awhp. YES AWHP. Thats the number I am focusing at right now. If he can achieve it with a k24 turbine, then I should have no problem. bare in mind his can has 72lb injectors LOL.

S

Last edited by Highhats; 03-31-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:16 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Suman,

That is a good video, thanks for the link.
I will be running my car on a Mustang in the next few weeks as I finally found
(1) in Mpls area and talked to the owner/operator. I am curious also. I also will be
trying a DynoJet later this year as my local wrench just ordered one.
This will give me a good baseline on several types of dynos.
I do know that my 628 RWHP on a DynaPack would not have been 628 at Hennessey's
Dyno at TX2K8. Next year I will unhook the front diff for all to see at TX2K9 and see what it does. Good luck with your final build out!

MK

Old 03-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Suman just hold tight my friend. I know it's been a long road that when its through you'll never regret taking. I went through many many months chasing down problem, after problem, but to only to make sure things were done right on my Camaro. It resulted in going to the track and going 8.9s @ 151 on the first pass without even spraying out of the hole, which put me in the 6th or 7th fastest LS1 in the world at the time.

I can't wait to get the IMs from you with "Dude you won't believe how many cars I put on this car tonight!!"

Now if my project would just let me finish... I'm in the same boat (although it hasn't been close to as long as your project).. just problem.. after problem..... I think my car doesn't want to be finished. Everytime I get it almost back together something else happens... Random leaking oil = loss....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: getting so close I can taste it! IA900 996tt