996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EPL Tuned K16/16G RESULTS!!! (warning, long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:44 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
all the way from Cancun.... NICE!!!! Guess who has these on the shelf too Good work Tony and Seal. my only question is the dyno calibration. what is the multiplier being ran?

Thanks Dan!! Enjoy vacation, no more posting!

This is a factory calibrated Mustang Dyno. As far as multiplier, are you talking drive train loss?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
I dont see this as an option for people looking for 700 crank hp's nor was that Seal's intent on the upgrade. Its pretty obvious that the 18g will flow more then the 16g, but at what cost.... If you stick the 18g wheel in a k16 housing, you produce nothing more then heat. If you step up to a k24/18g you loose 400-500 rpms of response.

This turbo is for someone that wants stock response (or better), stock fuel system (plus 5 bar), and 600 crank hps. Its a much better option that the k16/24's.
I AGREE and thats whaT I was saying as well...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-14-2008, 04:59 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
what was your total cost for this upgrade?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
It is my understanding that some dude named ... KPG .. when he had his K16/K24's... it made 512 AWHP or something rather (570 AWTQ ... I think )... Although, I dunno which bells and whistles it came with ...

Does anybody know where his dyno sheet is?

Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
For starters, it made 30 more hp at the wheels than a car that had ALOT more hardware (intake, exhaust, ICs, headers, etc.). I liked the curve a lot better, too. Here's the plot from the K16/K24 car at the east coast dyno day:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...3&postcount=42

Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Man I want my TT.GOOD numbers

Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
It is my understanding that some dude named ... KPG .. when he had his K16/K24's... it made 512 AWHP or something rather (570 AWTQ ... I think )... Although, I dunno which bells and whistles it came with ...

Does anybody know where his dyno sheet is?
If you search you will find the dyno sheet... Strong car for sure! He did however have 104 oct in the tank running 1.25+ bar of boost when he was on the dyno.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
If memory serves ... he had 4 gallons of 100 octane .. and the rest were pump ...

Old 02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Time out guys... KPGs old set up was not a generic k16/24 turbo... it was a stage 2 custom UWM turbo that also had a Zero Clearance process added and even ceramic coated... this is far from being a K16/24 turbo... it had upgraded springs as well...

click to view

Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Time out guys... KPGs old set up was not a generic k16/24 turbo... it was a stage 2 custom UWM turbo that also had a Zero Clearance process added and even ceramic coated... this is far from being a K16/24 turbo... it had upgraded springs as well...
I take nothing away from KPG or UMW. By all accounts KPG had some smokin' power in his hybrids, but a few observations:
1. I believe those figures were on a dynojet which tends to read significantly higher than Mustang dynos and race gas was involved as well as higher boost and at least an exhaust. It's very difficult to compare dyno results from different dynos on different days.
2. I did a bit of archive searching on here. The K16/24s that were at the east coast dyno day where Eliot's. Eliot got his from John D. John D got them from speed gallery. These turbos were K16/K24 "low clearance" turbos with a special waste gate kit. Didn't Kevin from UMW make low clearance K16/K24 hybrids with waste gate kits for Speed Gallery?

Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Seal Gray. Just to correct the record and certainly not to take away from your great numbers but your info isnt correct. My car was run on an AWD Mustang at Wheel to Wheel Powertrain in Troy, MI. IT was 12gal 94 and 4 gal of 104 mixture running a pump file at the aforementioned 1.25 bars with a Miltek with a stock 3.8 FPR
Anyway, congrats on your setup and dont worry about all the experts around here. It is your money and your choice and if you're happy then I'm happy for you. Go get some 60-130's for another comparison. Have fun

Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I take nothing away from KPG or UMW. By all accounts KPG had some smokin' power in his hybrids, but a few observations:
2. I did a bit of archive searching on here. These turbos were K16/K24 "low clearance" turbos with a special waste gate kit. Didn't Kevin from UMW make low clearance K16/K24 hybrids with waste gate kits for Speed Gallery?
First of all, KPGs were not k16/24s that I know... so whats the point of comparing....

There has been some mystery as to who was a reseller and up to what point were they manufactured by Kevin as he stopped selling them to other tuners.
With that said, Tuning does matter as well... and what other goodies are on the car... just like I have seen some post 507 rwhp at 1.3 bars and others 560 rwhp on K24/18gs...
You guys should stop comparing unless the same tuner has one car and swaps the turbos the same day and does the dyno tune to prove it back to back then overlay the results.......
just my opinion...
markski

click to view

Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Mark, my friend.... Dont be such a hypocrite. You make my old kit out to be something super special since it ran strong but when you quote people like Dmaffo and Bobby running real fast numbers you just pass it off as an everyday Proto kit that everyone can expect the same performance from....come on

Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
for 93 octane, stock exhaust, and only k16/16g + tune, at 1.1 bar... very impressive!
I couldn't have said it better.. You can easily take it farther with freeing up exhaust and headers as well, interesting for sure....

I would love to meet up and get a ride, so how about it

Old 02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Those numbers are insane for nothing but those mods!!

For the money this is a bad *** upgrade!!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by KPG
Mark, my friend.... Dont be such a hypocrite. You make my old kit out to be something super special since it ran strong but when you quote people like Dmaffo and Bobby running real fast numbers you just pass it off as an everyday Proto kit that everyone can expect the same performance from....come on
That's not what i meant... my point was to clarify- since as Kevin just posted that he did not sell K16/24s ZC to Speed gallery, that your dyno has nothing to do with k16/24s.. All ZC turbos from UWM are special...
As far as D maffo and Bobby...
I stated on this forum that Dmaffo had a aggressive map... he asked for it.
Bobby does not have any basic Proto set up.. I never said that. he is the only one to have a 20g running proto software.
mark

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EPL Tuned K16/16G RESULTS!!! (warning, long)