996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help with a traffic ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
LOL... When's the next one tho?
Lol. Not sure if i can afford to go on another one just quite yet. PM exoticalex or blkm3, twist their arm a bit, they are always down to go out.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:09 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by garrickl
Which court are you guys scheduled to appear in the bay area? I am a criminal lawyer and my office handles these types of cases. Where each of you charged with VC 23103 reckless driving? These are 2 pt DMV violations. You can Goggle my name Garrick Lew and get my contact information off the website.
No, thank goodness. They were vc 22349 (a) and vc 21658 (a). Thanks. We might be in touch real soon.

Originally Posted by canberk
Same happened to me, I was doing 151/70 and two cops were "trying" to follow me and I slowed down, first thing he said was "Who are you?", it wasn't kind of a question I was expecting to hear at that moment, however, he said he will only write 115/70 so that they can charge me for a misdemeanor, not a felony. Anyway, I gave the ticket to my attorney and he said I'll handle that. He cancelled the ticket somehow. My attorney knows every single person at the court and he asked me to give a check for $400 so that he can give that to the guys at the city court. You should know the right guys, and everything will be solved. Now I know these guys personally and don't need an attorney anymore.
Well that's just not fair...

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
If he didnt pace you nor zap you he is only guessing... u will go to court and ur lawyer will ask for discovery( proof) and they will postpone it one more time to mess with you or your lawyer may be able to negotiate a deal with the state attorney....
Get a lawyer...
Sounds good. Thanks Markski

Last edited by CarNerd; 02-14-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:41 PM
garrickl is infamous around these parts
VC 22349 is just a violation of the basic speed law. 21658 is driving on the other side of the lane divider. Each violation is a "mover" and will count as a point against you. If everyone was cited there will be definite problems of proof.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:45 PM
VC 22349 is just a violation of the basic speed law. 21658 is driving on the other side of the lane divider. Each violation is a "mover" and will count as a point against you. If everyone was cited there will be definite problems of proof.
Hm... I never drove on the other side of the lane divider. I just switched lanes quickly?

Everyone was only cited 80+ in a 65. VC 22349. I was the only one who got the unsafe lane change as i was trying to pull next to my bro to tell him to pick up his cell phone. Also by the time the cop caught up to us we were definitely doing the speed limit.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:51 PM
The cop apparently has a different view of what happened.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
The cop apparently has a different view of what happened.
Does this help my chances of contention?

Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Call my office for a consultation. We do not charge for initial consults. You don't want to put this discussion in a public forum and we do not provide legal advice on a public board........

Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
You can write a letter to the police officer and .cc the court and local DA to demand officer's notes/method of speed judgement. You are entilted to get this by law. If there is no reply within 2-3 wks as it often happens, you can ask court to remove the charges. This is a great way to fight tickets no matter what the charges are.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:53 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
get a lawyer let them do there job ... now strt busting *** on the track and cruise on the street

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Call my office for a consultation. We do not charge for initial consults. You don't want to put this discussion in a public forum and we do not provide legal advice on a public board........
Will do. Thanks!

Originally Posted by djantlive
You can write a letter to the police officer and .cc the court and local DA to demand officer's notes/method of speed judgement. You are entilted to get this by law. If there is no reply within 2-3 wks as it often happens, you can ask court to remove the charges. This is a great way to fight tickets no matter what the charges are.
I'll do this! Thanks!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by 930man
get a lawyer let them do there job ... now strt busting *** on the track and cruise on the street
If only there were track days every week! I hear yah though.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
been there done it ... and gave up my sunday 6 am drives in the country years ago

Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
elanderholm is infamous around these parts
You got lucky. Pay your ticket and be happy you didn't go to jail, lose your license or worse.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Being ticketed for "No Turn Signal" along with the speeding violation seems to be the norm.

The last ticket I got, the cop told me he clocked me doing 58 in a 30(the speed limit is way off for the width and traffic of this particular street) and failure to signal. I said"58, no way and no turn signal? I never changed lanes." He was going to give me a ticket for not signalling to pull over. Ha, dick. He dropped the signal charge and lowered the speeding to 40 in a 30. He was adament about me taking defensive driving. I DON'T THINK SO BUDDY. My Valentine never made a sound, and there is no way I was doing 58. To court I go.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:25 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
If the CHP has experience under his belt, he can estimate you rate of speed and ticket you for his estimation. They teach this at CHP School. The more experience he has, the better his argument will be in court.

You need a spotter in the front and rear of any group run like this. All of the drivers (or at least most) need to have radios (CB hand held for $40 each). Rotate the spotters and maintain contact with all drivers so if someone is notified or waiting for a visual or radar, and spotter radios the group and you can slow down and avoid the $3000 between the group.

Last edited by robertp; 02-15-2008 at 10:20 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with a traffic ticket