996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help with a traffic ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:16 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Help with a traffic ticket

While on a run, gently cruising through traffic, someone called 911 and an APB was put out for our cars. It just so happened that a CHP officer was headed the opposite direction near where we were spotted so he pulled over, got out of the car and stood on the center divider looking for us. Unaware of this a couple of us apparently flew by him, on open freeway after we had gotten through the traffic at, according to him, 100+. Long story short a couple more CHP officers ahead stopped 3 of the 5 of us and gave us tickets for doing 80 in a 65.

My question is then... Is this worth fighting? Is there a loophole because the officer that saw us was not the one who wrote the ticket? Any ideas on how i can (if its worth it) fight this? I also got a ticket for an unsafe lane change. I'm not so much worried about the cost of the two tickets as much as the point that i will receive on my record, as i can only go to traffic school for one of the moving violations... This suck big time . Any advice or insight would be great. Thanks guys.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
This kind of story is exactly why I don't "do" the 60-130mph timed runs around my neck of the woods. In Virginia I'd potentially be thrown in jail if caught doing what you guys were doing.

Mike

Old 02-14-2008, 05:04 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mikelly
This kind of story is exactly why I don't "do" the 60-130mph timed runs around my neck of the woods. In Virginia I'd potentially be thrown in jail if caught doing what you guys were doing.

Mike
Ya the CHP officers, while extremely unhappy, were very gracious. I was threatened to go to jail more than a couple times that day.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Where in the Bay Area did you do your 60-130's? 996TT meet?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Ya the CHP officers, while extremely unhappy, were very gracious. I was threatened to go to jail more than a couple times that day.

Have your attorney go to court for you, and generally they will drop it or lower it to a violation with no points. I got a whole bunch of things in a short time, so I gave my attorney my tickets, he went to court, and got things done. I ended up with pretty much a slap on the wrist.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
my argument would be how does he judge your speed. You didn't mention he hit you with radar. Him standing and watching is where your fight is.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Where in the Bay Area did you do your 60-130's? 996TT meet?
We didnt do 60-130. I honestly dont even know if we hit 100. We just got some open freeway on our cruise to the twisties and opened it up a little bit. It was just that two of the three of us that were seen "racing" (complete BS) run straight pipes, so it was very very loud when we passed him.

Last edited by CarNerd; 02-14-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring

Have your attorney go to court for you, and generally they will drop it or lower it to a violation with no points. I got a whole bunch of things in a short time, so I gave my attorney my tickets, he went to court, and got things done. I ended up with pretty much a slap on the wrist.
Seriously? I need an attorney like that!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
my argument would be how does he judge your speed. You didn't mention he hit you with radar. Him standing and watching is where your fight is.
Sounds good. He didnt get us with radar.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
LOL... When's the next one tho?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Sounds good. He didnt get us with radar.

There is your argument, how could he possibly judge your speed by standing on the side of the road and watching you go by!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:51 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
hes correct ,he would have to timed you via vascar or hit you with radar. take it to court , u have nothing to loose.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
Same happened to me, I was doing 151/70 and two cops were "trying" to follow me and I slowed down, first thing he said was "Who are you?", it wasn't kind of a question I was expecting to hear at that moment, however, he said he will only write 115/70 so that they can charge me for a misdemeanor, not a felony. Anyway, I gave the ticket to my attorney and he said I'll handle that. He cancelled the ticket somehow. My attorney knows every single person at the court and he asked me to give a check for $400 so that he can give that to the guys at the city court. You should know the right guys, and everything will be solved. Now I know these guys personally and don't need an attorney anymore.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If he didnt pace you nor zap you he is only guessing... u will go to court and ur lawyer will ask for discovery( proof) and they will postpone it one more time to mess with you or your lawyer may be able to negotiate a deal with the state attorney....
Get a lawyer...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM
garrickl is infamous around these parts
Which court are you guys scheduled to appear in the bay area? I am a criminal lawyer and my office handles these types of cases. Where each of you charged with VC 23103 reckless driving? These are 2 pt DMV violations. You can Goggle my name Garrick Lew and get my contact information off the website.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with a traffic ticket