996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Modded Z06 VS Modded 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
I've thought about putting a shot on my car.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Indykid
I've thought about putting a shot on my car.
Thats cheating!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
I think he is also going to have the weight advantage on the Pcar also because if I remember correctly Scott said this car will be AWD.
I recently found out it's going to be RWD.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
The back half MPH's were nearly identical in the Z on the 50 shot and the GT2 on race gas. I have done a ton of highway racing between my S4, Supra, GT2 and Z06. Trap speeds can sometimes be a bit misleading, but in my experience, except when racing bikes, identical traps keep cars very close to each other on 60-160 rolls.
Your Sig says your Z has 816 RWHP.
Are you claiming your Z has 816 RWHP with a 50 shot?? Am I reading something wrong?

Last edited by AtomicZ; 02-18-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by robertp
Thats cheating!

Haha I know it is put it's cheaper than a whole new set up. Oh btw it's just a 3.6 six banger so I'm way behind the curve of a n/a 427.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:48 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Just to let folks know, I will be there :-)
R

Old 02-18-2008, 05:22 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
If you can break 8.5 seconds for a 60 - 130 run, I'll be very surprised. It takes a lot of horsepower to move 4000 lbs.
I will go on a diet over the next 2 weeks and shed 10 pounds.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:28 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
No disrespect Jamie, but if Scott's buddy with a Protomotive 3.8 can't pull
your Z06 with a small shot I am bringing a FOR SALE sign and posting it on my car immediately and coming home in a Z06!!, and I will buy you dinner!

MK
Ha who said I was only going to spray 50 against him? I am running a 2 stage. That 996 should rip, so I'll be giving her hell to see how the Z stacks up....

Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Your Sig says your Z has 816 RWHP.
Are you claiming your Z has 816 RWHP with a 50 shot?? Am I reading something wrong?
No we ran a 200 shot on that run. I run a 2 stage, 50 plate and 150 dp. I may jet up to 250, but since it already has trouble hooking, don't think another 75+whp is going to help much

Old 02-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Just to let folks know, I will be there :-)
R
Now the next step is actually running it on the highway....

Old 02-18-2008, 06:57 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Oh...so now it's that you "don't like the dragstrip". And why would you? The dragstrip lets everyone, including the owner, know just how fast a particular car actually is (especially the trap speed). A road course does not. That being the case, I can totally understand why someone that fears embarrassment wouldn't like the dragstrip.

As far as the 60-130....I never claimed it to be "the standard". But it is the most accurate, verifiable way we've found to detemine how fast a car truly is from a roll.

But again, same as the dragstrip....I can understand why you don't want to do it. You may find yourself in the unfortunate predicament of running 60-130 times that do not correlate to all of the BS claims you've been making about your car. And the fact that someone else is actually verifiying your data...well, I guess that's just too much for you to handle.

We all know that bragging is not a good character trait. But people that brag and attempt to back it up, well...at least they're putting thier money where thier mouth is.

People that brag but don't have the ***** to back it up, well.....you get my point.

I think you've made it perfectly clear over the years exactly which category you fall under.
You also fail to se ive done real world testing stacking myself up against other cars and tuners, with all good drivers.. Just for you Scott, i'l make it to the strip, and I will do my 60-130 numbers (when I went out in my turbo to do them last year, my coolant fitting broke and spewed everywhere, ask Markski if you don't believe me, hell even Tom since I called them both in a panic

Again no need for excuses, I want to do it for my own sake as well, and I have NOTHING to be embarrassed about, I could easily have built the same turbo you have, its not what i'm after.

Thanks Scott.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Ya, I remember that. It's par for the course with Martin.

We'll see what happens come spring, but I won't be holding my breath.
You are a very spiteful person Scott, there is no need for it. Call it bad luck? Excuses? Whatever you want once again, but I wasn't fortunate as Mario said with doing the runs on my ex turbo, then passed the box on to Tom and sold my turbo. I will get some runs very shortly, and RUF hp is at crank, and they aren't magical but yet run pretty damn hard as many NY guys with some big horsies witnessed...

Old 02-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Martin,

I think you are a great guy, I have always thought highly of you. I also think Scott is being a bit harsh with you. However, I have to agree with him: You seriously need to get a verified 60-130 time to have any credibility on this board.

I will be impressed, albeit surprised, if you can run faster than say a 7.7.

Robert P, this goes for you too, although I highly expect that you will be embarrassed when you find out that your car is not very fast.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
You also fail to se ive done real world testing stacking myself up against other cars and tuners, with all good drivers.. Just for you Scott, i'l make it to the strip, and I will do my 60-130 numbers (when I went out in my turbo to do them last year, my coolant fitting broke and spewed everywhere, ask Markski if you don't believe me, hell even Tom since I called them both in a panic

Again no need for excuses, I want to do it for my own sake as well, and I have NOTHING to be embarrassed about, I could easily have built the same turbo you have, its not what i'm after.

Thanks Scott.
Great. Glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing your results.

I also could have bought the same GT2 that you have. But of course, it's not what I'm after either.

As far as me being "spiteful"; I just have a very low tolerance threshold for bull****. Once I start to smell an overabundance of it, I have a difficult time remaining polite. It's just one of the many innate character flaws that I've learned to accept about myself.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-18-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Martin,

I think you are a great guy, I have always thought highly of you. I also think Scott is being a bit harsh with you. However, I have to agree with him: You seriously need to get a verified 60-130 time to have any credibility on this board.

I will be impressed, albeit surprised, if you can run faster than say a 7.7.

Robert P, this goes for you too, although I highly expect that you will be embarrassed when you find out that your car is not very fast.
And I will do it for sure, I went out and attempted it before, bad luck.. Then did it on my G just to get it down pat and Kevin verified some times for me, so I am familiar with how to do it now!

I'm not doing it to prove a point, I am very curious myself!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded Z06 VS Modded 996TT