996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

question about ft/lbs k16/16 and garret 650

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vividracing
its all about race gas, boost, and what you set the parasitic multiplier to on your Mustang Dyno. If I want, I can have our 650 kit read like a 700 kit. Our dyno also is on 93oct, not Race Gas...

Nothing against Seal or Nerd, but I bet if I ran that car on my dyno, the numbers would be less...
I'll bet you a Milltek exhaust that it wouldn't. I'll even pay for the 93 octane fillup.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I am sure with the Milltek, you will have more power.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
It's cool. Sorry if I reacted too strongly.
1. My airplane just broke stranding me in LA.
2. I tend to over-react when I think someone's called me a liar. It's this damn Greek pride of mine.

All's well and no offense meant on my side either.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 PM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
its just all about the tune. :P

i'll be heading over to EPL once I can muster up some funds for a nice tune since theyre close enough.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
no comparison needed....

Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by r34dy2walk
its just all about the tune. :P

i'll be heading over to EPL once I can muster up some funds for a nice tune since theyre close enough.

" all about the tune "....couldn't agree more.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I thought that was 512 Awhp ... but who's counting ....

Wasnt that an "off the shelf" tune as well?? Hmm... I'd like to know what that would be on a "dyno tune" ....

Originally Posted by Kevin
Dixie, then you can compare my Stage 2 K16 hybrids with 510HP and 565ft lbs..

Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
Dixie - someone told me you are ready to get the 650 kit... send me an email. Will post our recent car we did today

Old 02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
I thought that was 512 Awhp ... but who's counting ....

Wasnt that an "off the shelf" tune as well?? Hmm... I'd like to know what that would be on a "dyno tune" ....
Dude, what's with all the passive agression?

Well, if you really want to make a thing about it. If we're talking about KPG's car, that was also on a mix of race gas, at 1.25 bar and with at least an exhaust. Also, looking at the graph that was posted from that pull, it doesn't look like there was smoothing applied (correct me if I'm wrong). My "unsmoothed" number on straight 93 octane at 1.1 bar with stock exhaust was 495 all wheel hp.

Or, we could just enjoy the information and use it for the benefit of all of us.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of

No passive aggression what so ever ...

I'm simply making a random statement about the potential of a certiain package.

Plain and simple.

I have not in any way, shape or form .. have pissed on your cheerios ... so to speak ...

Once again, I'm simply making a random statement ... so please, don't be offended.

Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Dude, what's with all the passive agression?

Well, if you really want to make a thing about it. If we're talking about KPG's car, that was also on a mix of race gas, at 1.25 bar and with at least an exhaust. Also, looking at the graph that was posted from that pull, it doesn't look like there was smoothing applied (correct me if I'm wrong). My "unsmoothed" number on straight 93 octane at 1.1 bar with stock exhaust was 495 all wheel hp.

Or, we could just enjoy the information and use it for the benefit of all of us.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
You guys are cracking me up... SGM, I agree dynos are too subjective to be definitive. Now , lots of people around here trash them as useless, but I think they are just one part of the performance triangle...Dyno, 1/4 mile and 60-130. Talking about just a dyno run is pretty useless and almost invites dissent around here. Come Spring when the tracks open up go do a 60-130 and a 1/4 mile time and I think that will give a better overall view of your package. I tried to get all three done quickly just to avoid all the dyno war flames....

Old 02-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Sage advice Kevin. Trying to compare numbers is like trying to hold sand in your hands. It's also exhausting.
Sorry if I read in too much and flew off the handel Ari. I think I need to develop a thicker internet forum skin.

I saw you talking my language (Lugar's) in another thread. Let me know if you make it down to my neck of the woods. I'd love to check out your car and masacre a steak. Can't wait to hit the drags when the weather gets nice.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:38 PM

Old 02-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Saint Ari

P.S. I'm on 2 hours of sleep after the aforementioned LA plane debacle. Main-lining coffee to function at work always gets my trigger finger itchy.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor
everyone just put on your Mexican wrestling masks and go to town! Nacho Libre