996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

question about ft/lbs k16/16 and garret 650

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 PM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
question about ft/lbs k16/16 and garret 650

Could someone explane me how it's possible that on the dyno the K16/16G has 534ft/lbs and the vivid 650 hp kit (garret turbo) only dyno's at 530ft/lbs?
Makes no sense to me,how can someone explane this?
Asking this because I'm interested in the 650 hp kit...

Old 02-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
The power of a custom dyno tune. It really is unfair to compare it to anyone's off the shelf program.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:15 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
indeed a cutom tune will make abig difference ..those 16 g k16 number are impressive though i must say ...

Old 02-18-2008, 02:34 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
....also, different dynos means different power numbers; different atmospheric conditions change things; any correction factors involved? many variables,just to name a few

Old 02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dixie
Could someone explane me how it's possible that on the dyno the K16/16G has 534ft/lbs and the vivid 650 hp kit (garret turbo) only dyno's at 530ft/lbs?
Makes no sense to me,how can someone explane this?
Asking this because I'm interested in the 650 hp kit...
My stock turbo 1.8t used to make 270 ftlbs of torque and 190 hps....
My big turbo 1.8t (gt3076) also made 270 ftlbs of torque but made 330 hps....

Comparing torque from quick spooling "stock" size turbos vs bigger gt turbos can be deceiving.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
This Vivid kit is a kit with potential. Much like the k24/28g. You only buy those turbos for big power(Straight Garrett ball bearing gt2860rs's). This kit with a custom tune will make big big power. You can see this car is conservatively tuned with a 11.5 afr. The Porsche on pump gas likes to run a bit leaner. I mean theres at least 30 whp and 60lbs of torque left in this kit. You got to remember these OTS tunes are extrememly conservative. One bad batch of pump gas can be kaboom. If I were to pick any kit if I started over again with out building the motor, it would be this one. I really dont feel like the luxury tax on most other kits is worth the bang you get. Also the customer relations with Dan is clutch. K16/16g's are maxed out around 600crank HP. These GT turbos are designed for an easy 700-750 crank if tuned aggressively.

Suman

Old 02-18-2008, 03:10 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Suman made all that up.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by iJeremy
Suman made all that up.

Yes yes, I love IMAGINE AUTO ALSO! YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF STUDS! NAAAAT!(borat)

S

Old 02-18-2008, 03:41 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Lol,!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
its all about race gas, boost, and what you set the parasitic multiplier to on your Mustang Dyno. If I want, I can have our 650 kit read like a 700 kit. Our dyno also is on 93oct, not Race Gas...

Nothing against Seal or Nerd, but I bet if I ran that car on my dyno, the numbers would be less...

Old 02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
its all about race gas, boost, and what you set the parasitic multiplier to on your Mustang Dyno. If I want, I can have our 650 kit read like a 700 kit. Our dyno also is on 93oct, not Race Gas...

Nothing against Seal or Nerd, but I bet if I ran that car on my dyno, the numbers would be less...
What does a stock 996tt make on your dyno?

Post a plot.

Last edited by nerdhotrod; 02-18-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
This could get into a deep long wasted thread. I have tons of dyno sheets for customers we have ran here on our dyno here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ga...p?c=294&userid=

We did change our calibration at least 2 times over the past 1.5 years. So there will be some inconsistancy in ours stock cars.

When I first got my 996TT it dynoed at 333awhp. I have seen other shops showing 360 even 370awhp. I guess the biggest thing to help Dixie is what is best for his car and needs. He just needs to see that your results are on full race gas (I think) and the 650 is on pump.

I have a set of K16/16G here ready to ship, and I know that they would make a good home on someones car with your tune. Great setup, that is why I jumped on the project to offer them. However, a 996TT with a stock exhaust making 530 someodd ft/lbs of torque is alot. Not hating bro....impressive.

Back when I did my external wastegate project, we ran 1.3bar, stock K16 turbos, JIC 80mm exhaust, headers (obviously), intake, and these are the results we got 540 ft/lbs of torque on race gas I think... So is it possible what you did, yes. - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...t-exposed.html

I just have to defend my product comparisons.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:16 PM
This could get into a deep long wasted thread. I have tons of dyno sheets for customers we have ran here on our dyno here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ga...p?c=294&userid=

We did change our calibration at least 2 times over the past 1.5 years. So there will be some inconsistancy in ours stock cars.

When I first got my 996TT it dynoed at 333awhp. I have seen other shops showing 360 even 370awhp. I guess the biggest thing to help Dixie is what is best for his car and needs. He just needs to see that your results are on full race gas (I think) and the 650 is on pump.

I have a set of K16/16G here ready to ship, and I know that they would make a good home on someones car with your tune. Great setup, that is why I jumped on the project to offer them. However, a 996TT with a stock exhaust making 530 someodd ft/lbs of torque is alot. Not hating bro....impressive.

Back when I did my external wastegate project, we ran 1.3bar, stock K16 turbos, JIC 80mm exhaust, headers (obviously), intake, and these are the results we got 540 ft/lbs of torque on race gas I think... So is it possible what you did, yes. - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...t-exposed.html

I just have to defend my product comparisons.
I agree...it end here. But lets just put this out on the table.

Here is a plot of a stock car on my dyno: 327 hps 375 ftlbs.
Also a plot of a stock car on your dyno : 330 hps 362 ftlbs.

Looks close enough to call it pretty damn close. Again, I agree it end here.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
He just needs to see that your results are on full race gas (I think) and the 650 is on pump.
My results were on 93 Octane (Mobil, if I recall correctly). I clearly said that in my announcement post. I have no reason to lie here. I will gladly do an independent comparison at an independent dyno and show up with a dry tank and fill up with a witness. Or, you could take me at my word.

Also, my car dynoed 327 stock to your 330 stock. Also, if you look at your results for your K24/18g kit, they are similar to what the K24/18g cars did on Tony's dyno. Given those two data points, I think your dynos read similarly.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor
if i was wrong on your octane use, my bad....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: question about ft/lbs k16/16 and garret 650