996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dyno Results :( Stage 4GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:27 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
David,

Oh man, that was a long day. I think the last numbers were mid 4s or something. I just remember giving up that we were going to get it set right and Todd and I went for the curve.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:37 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Stephen,
David and Ryan were neck and neck with the new mods. BTW, you ever going to respond on my JIC email?

X50, just for clarification the GTR kit is 600 at the wheels. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:40 PM
02TurboX50 is infamous around these parts
PorschePHD-
Just for my clarification, and perhaps others as well, what is the difference between the Stage IVGT (IA600GT), and Stage IVGTR (IA600GTR) kits in terms of parts/components and cost? 520-540hp at the wheels and 600+ hp at the wheels is quite a difference indeed....
Thanks for your insight.

In addition, how are the engine internals holding up to all the power? I would think the rods would be getting near or past their limits of reliability.

Last edited by 02TurboX50; 06-24-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:50 PM
The major difference is the program and octane rating. The GTR is a 100 octane and the GT is a 93 octane. The parts are the same, although the intake is on mine.

The internals are fine for now. I have been thrashing hard since Nov. Figure 3-5K miles a month. At the end of July I will be tearing mine down for a full check up and new rods. Everything has shown me that the internals are not showing the same wear that say a 993TT would. Less pressure, less weight etc etc. The water cooling has really helped us

Cost is the same unless you add it via the IBE switcher.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 02TurboX50
Great responses and clarification EVO and ImagineAuto!! Thanks for the clarification and the prompt replies. Well done.

I think the 600hp at the wheels most people talk about on this board is from the dyno on Imagine's website, and I am not sure if it mentions what type of Octane it takes to make 600hp at the wheels. If it needs 100 Octane to make 600hp at the wheels, that's acceptable, but it may make sense to compare that to the Stage I-IV packages using 100 Octane as well. If you make 500+hp at the wheels with 91 Octane for the regular Stage IV, then is it reasonable to assume that you can make 550+hp at the wheels with a '100 Octane' program. This may be a better comparison.

Again, this is a perfect example of why EVOMS and IMAGINEAUTO have outstanding reputations. They care deeply about customer service; ensuring every customer is satisfied! Great work guys! Keep pushing the envelope of the 996TT performance. Continue to raise the bar so you can keep smiles on every owner's face.

P.S. Todd- Do you have a dyno chart you could post or send me of your car on 91 and 94 Octane. That would be a big help! THX.
No problem, I will have one for you in the AM. Take care

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by PorschePhD
Stephen,
David and Ryan were neck and neck with the new mods. BTW, you ever going to respond on my JIC email?

X50, just for clarification the GTR kit is 600 at the wheels. Sorry for the confusion.
Hmm... I just checked my IM... nothing from you. No email either. I'll PM you w/ my cell and emaill addy if you need to get a hold of me.

Old 06-24-2004, 07:26 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Guys thanks for all of the excellent feedback and information. I want to thank Todd for spending 20 minutes on the phone with me last night getting to the bottom of what KTR is doing wrong. I also have to admit that it is very comforting to see all of the variables that come in to play when a car is put on a dyno. I will have it on another dyno sometime next week.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:29 PM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
John,

Let me know when you do your dyno again. I'd love to go with ya! PM or call me man!

Ryan

Old 06-25-2004, 12:15 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Jcramair, Please check your PM.

Mine Dyno'd 631RWHP and Since Todd and Stephen came up and addressed the curves, I pulled about 3 to 4 car lengths on Stephen. This is once Stephen's upsolute was in front of me, I came hard, passed him and launched lengths in front. That is what the Stage 4GT is vs Stage 2 or upsolute.

However, Monday Night, Stephen and I went at it, and in 5th gear, The uspolute, for some reason came back and maintains about 1 to 1.5 cars behind the GT2. The Stage 4GT is tempromental, and though I was running Race Gas, I thought I'd increase my car lengths, the faster I went.

Beats Me,

Rs

Old 06-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Banned
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Jcramair, Please check your PM.

Mine Dyno'd 631RWHP and Since Todd and Stephen came up and addressed the curves, I pulled about 3 to 4 car lengths on Stephen. This is once Stephen's upsolute was in front of me, I came hard, passed him and launched lengths in front. That is what the Stage 4GT is vs Stage 2 or upsolute.

However, Monday Night, Stephen and I went at it, and in 5th gear, The uspolute, for some reason came back and maintains about 1 to 1.5 cars behind the GT2. The Stage 4GT is tempromental, and though I was running Race Gas, I thought I'd increase my car lengths, the faster I went.

Beats Me,

Rs
Seems like sometimes, your car pulls like a bat-out-of-hell, and at other times, or perhaps in certain RPM ranges or ECU map conditions, it is close to my Upsolute in performance.

There appears to be more lag, which is understandable, considering the larger compressor/turbine setup sacrafices low end power with high end flow. However, I don't really understand the "holes" in the power delivery. Perhaps you need more tuning?

Not trying to drum up controversey, just stating observations. Nothing personal, Shank.

Old 06-25-2004, 02:20 AM
Exotic Performance
xico is infamous around these parts
StevenTI,

Speaking of seat of your pants, my car has the stage 4GT as well. Lets us go for a drive in my car, get it up to 130mph and find a puddle of water. I will show what perforamnce is all about. BTW, what kind of mods do you presently have in your car. People who preach can't practice.

Old 06-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Banned
Originally posted by xico
StevenTI,

Speaking of seat of your pants, my car has the stage 4GT as well. Lets us go for a drive in my car, get it up to 130mph and find a puddle of water. I will show what perforamnce is all about. BTW, what kind of mods do you presently have in your car. People who preach can't practice.
Sounds good... next time I'm in town, you can show me what performance is all about going through a puddle of water at 130mph.

Power-wise, the only thing I've got on the car is Upsolute chip, Cargraphic Exhaust, and KN Filter.

As for "People who preach can't practice." I can't tell if you are being sarcastically humorous or if you are calling me out... Let me know so that I can respond accordingly!

Old 06-25-2004, 04:50 AM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
I am going head to head with another Stage 2 Turbo in the area this weekend and if it stays with my in any range or gear I will be an unhappy camper. I still have not received my Stage4GT racing program yet, it's been almost 5 months?? I understand that they are trying to get the technology for the Race program to a reliable state. Has anyone else been told this and or are you running the Race program. I am curious as to how much more the car is going to pull with the Race program??

Let me know all Stage 4GT people. Thanks

Old 06-25-2004, 05:09 AM
boston 7777 is infamous around these parts
try running Race gas...there is a place in NH were you can get it. Also I think the best way to judge power is the drive your car then a stock turbo after. Im sure the difference is tremendous. I think once you get used to the power..you really dont know how fast your car is until you drive a stock turbo. I do however understand that you want to justify your purchase of the Stage 4gt kit.. I dont blame you!

Old 06-25-2004, 05:29 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
J Cramair, My GT2 does not have a Race Gas program,however I use race gas out of safety. Keep in mind, anything about 600HP to the wheels is a potential "blown rod" problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results :( Stage 4GT