996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sportec / Ultimate Motorwerks Intake...What are the gains ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:47 PM
fly2low is infamous around these parts
where do you guys get the ducting for the second snorkel?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Wish we could just adapt the entire 997TT factory airbox and snorkels to work. Has anyone attempted this yet?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Jimmer, didn't you do a DIY for this second snorkel? I can't find it on the search.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Wish we could just adapt the entire 997TT factory airbox and snorkels to work. Has anyone attempted this yet?
... and dual mafs, and dual fuel pumps...

Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
In rain...say a downpour blowing just the right way....at a stop light...or parked, how do you adapt Jimmer's set up to keep water out. I can think of a gutter and lots of holes, etc.....

Anyway, I would be willing as would probably every 996tt guy to pay for such a kit if cheap and under 2 hours of labor....just a thought to the businessmen out there. It would have to be 2-400 or less.... You'd own the market....someone with time and the means has to do this... (please) :-) . Stock air filter compatible, no maf issues, etc. It would just need to be designed for daily driven car weather and the car wash spray gun......my 10c.

JB

Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Dan, Feel better?

Say what you will about your version of what happened in our transaction, but there is more than one side to a story. I didn't want to jump thru any more hurdles or deal with anymore bull**** from someone stating "If you don't like our product, just send it back." Then I get multiple PMs grilling me about my concerns. Reality is that I swapped your box and nothing else and my boost went into the toilet. I disconnected the battery and reset it... Drove it another mile and had the same issue... Bolt the stock box back on and get back to 1.2 bar of boost. Same MAFS, Same Everything else. So say what you will, but there was SOMETHING up with that box.

No, I took a $100 loss to get rid of what I thought was an inferior product, rather than deal with you anymore. And reality is that I was being ETHICAL in my stance of not taking your "FREE" air cleaner, as an olive branch. It never was about getting something from you. It was about not beeing happy with the product and wanting a refund, not getting something for nothing.

No, I went away and didn't post anymore specifically regarding VIVID or mention your company by name, as I said I wouldn't in email. Can't say that about yourself now can you... Enjoy that sale on the air box. You'll not get anymore gifts from me.

A quick search on the internet and people will read all the "wonderful" customer relations between Vivid and their automitive community. I'm done here, but an educated and informed buyer can spot bad business across the globe... Buyer beware, and you get what you pay for.

Mike

Dude you wrote a letter that long because you werent happy with an AIRBOX. LOL Maybe if you were sold bunk turbos like I was by UMW that sh*t the bed in 1200 miles would it require a letter/post of this Length. Grow up dude. You dont like the airbox be done with it. I honor Dan for trying to contact you. You loosing boost due to the airbox is a bunch of horse sh*t. No airbox is gonna do that. Sorry

Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the comments guys. Here's the writeup: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=111209

It's way more than 2hrs of work, but worth it for the end result.

It takes a LOT of water to hydrolock an engine. I'm not the least bit worried about any rain that gets through there and I live in the UK where it rains constantly. After a drive in the rain there is minimal water in and around the airbox - zero problem.

Can't adapt the entire 997TT airbox because it uses 2 MAFs and it simply won't fit anyway.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Some folks have short memories, and I'm glad to see some history on this....and in this instance, he slams another guy for posting a gripe, then uses the airtime to post his own gripe. That's hypocrisy "dude"....or more succinctly....hijacked hypocrisy.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
...And more to the point, I resolved the situation offline, and the vendor brought it up in public.

What I love is all the nutswingers who will cheerlead for a specific vendor... You know what I love? Getting BANG FOR THE BUCK out of a product or great customer support. I didn't get that in my specific circumstance, contacted the vendor, tried to get it resolved and instead got the third degree... **** that...You're right Suman, a $550 airbox shouldn't be that big a deal. It wasn't, I said screw it and took a loss, and moved on... UNTIL NOW... WHO brought it up? Who wrote the book, Suman? Did you NOT read Dan's quote? Are you that blind with the view of Dan's *** that you couldn't read the BOOK he wrote, that I quoted???

Suman, You can kiss Dan's *** if you want to, but none for me, thanks...Get your facts straight before you chime in next time...

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Some folks have short memories, and I'm glad to see some history on this....and in this instance, he slams another guy for posting a gripe, then uses the airtime to post his own gripe. That's hypocrisy "dude"....or more succinctly....hijacked hypocrisy.
He posted to hammer Kevin, because there is a "perception" that because I'm pleased with the product I bought from Kevin that I'm biased. I guarantee you that was a coordinated post, worked out real well there . As I stated above... I'm a fan of getting what I'm promised. At the end of the day, It was not that big a deal, until this thread... Now it's a real big deal...

Anyone else care to chat about MY experience offline contact me offline. I'm done dealing with the bull**** in this thread. The cone filter used in that box is not sufficient for a high boost application IN MY OPINION, which BY THE WAY, is all that matters to me. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by Mikelly; 02-22-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Man you must have sleepless nights over this HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS I dont even have this Airbox. I have an evoms one. LOL

Last edited by Highhats; 02-22-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Also I give props to every single vendor in my build except UMW. For I sport parts from all of them.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin
Suman, you have a short memory..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=77140&page=3

You bought turbochargers from Imagine Auto they were reconfigured. Who set up the EVOM's actuators on the Ultimate Motorwerks turbochargers? You had someone take them off your car in running condition (no failure)?? Stephen said your car was running, the turbochargers weren't smoking or failed. And sold them to someone in Canada?

What do you call tremendous turbo play? Good? You made me pay to rebuild turbos after 1200 miles dude in full. all because you claimed they were shot due to IN PROPER BREAK IN. Hey I didn't say that. But if they were inproperly broken in as you say, how could they be good turbos?