996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Upsolute flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:44 PM
leeshdw is infamous around these parts
Upsolute flash

I am planning on doing the Upsolute flash. Does anyone know a local shop in the Bay Area or Sacto area that could do the Upsolute flash? I am not planning on doing any more mods on the car. I currently have new DVs, "F" hose and BMC filter installed.

Thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 12:40 AM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
great bang for the buck. I contacted Rene directly through the Upsolute website...

Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Bestof5 is infamous around these parts
I am also at the point that I want to do the ecu upgrade. I want to work with someone local, and not via the mail. I am also located in Nor Cal and looking at all my options, but really like local attention.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Bestof5
I am also at the point that I want to do the ecu upgrade. I want to work with someone local, and not via the mail. I am also located in Nor Cal and looking at all my options, but really like local attention.
Same here, I rather deal with someone local. But if there isn't anyone around, will end up talking to Rene.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
When I did my flash, I sent my ECU to Upsolute and got it back a day later. I'm very happy with it and the car runs great.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:10 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Be careful. Upsolute has been infamously know to throw codes. Mine throws the ABS and PSM at 120 without fail.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 AM
john revis is infamous around these parts
I had a great experience with Upsolute. I sent my ecu to Rene, got it back a couple of days later, and it never threw a code.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Onetime
When I did my flash, I sent my ECU to Upsolute and got it back a day later. I'm very happy with it and the car runs great.
Did you send it directly to Rene? I think it would take at least a week for regular shipping, unless shipped next day.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
I didn't had to send my computer to upsolute,it was programmed through the OBD port...Got the program back in 30 minutes...

Old 02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
send it express mail and ask that it be returned via express mail- Mine was about a day and a half!

as far as codes, many things can throw codes/ psm/ abs lights...not just the flash.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
I've also had two different flash's from upsolute with no issues. I'm sure the earlier tunes did throw codes but like any product it gets better over time. Even if you find someone local they will probably just ship it to Rene anyway. Save yourself a step and mail it out.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by smistry007
send it express mail and ask that it be returned via express mail- Mine was about a day and a half!

as far as codes, many things can throw codes/ psm/ abs lights...not just the flash.
Yeah. That is what I'll do. Is it just one type of flash they can do? Or can you tell them what you have and semi-customize it?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Leeshdw,
I would call them to find out exactly what they can do. I imagine now they just do it via computer like Dixie said.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:14 PM
clt8981 is infamous around these parts
Good guys and company, their headquarters are here in charlotte. I have watched them work first hand on the ecu's. They have flashed a few cars for me and a couple friends.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
If you want someone local ... there's Sharky in Fremont, Ca ... he flashes with GIAC ... you cant go wrong ...

Also, Kevin @ UMW would do the trick as well ...he'll do it via OBDII Port and you dont have to send your ECU ... you cant go wrong with him either.

I have had both when I had my K24 / X50

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upsolute flash