996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

c6 zo6 vs k16 car video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:47 PM
gnarf is infamous around these parts
well...at least he won in reverse

Old 02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I you had Revo flash and the software, you could vary the boost and timing with a laptop on the fly and tune for any gas and environment.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by robertp
I you had Revo flash and the software, you could vary the boost and timing with a laptop on the fly and tune for any gas and environment.
and if you had the APR chip, you could switch between programs on the fly (even while coasting on the highway), no laptop or switcher box required. For example you could switch between a race gas, 1 bar, stock and valet program. You do it all by pressing the cruise control button and holding it.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
and if you had the APR chip, you could switch between programs on the fly (even while coasting on the highway), no laptop or switcher box required. For example you could switch between a race gas, 1 bar, stock and valet program. You do it all by pressing the cruise control button and holding it.

Thats correct you can choose 4 programs, stock, 91oct, 93oct, 100oct, 104oct, and valet. on the fly.

Chris Green

Old 02-21-2008, 09:00 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris Green
Thats correct you can choose 4 programs, stock, 91oct, 93oct, 100oct, 104oct, and valet. on the fly.

Chris Green
APR makes great stuff, how much power is there 100 and 105 programs making?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
APR makes great stuff, how much power is there 100 and 105 programs making?

I have never tried the 100oct, but 2 weeks ago when I first got the car when it was a 100% stock no dv's i ran it on the dyno and it made 389/400 then I chipped it on the dyno and in 93oct it made 440/485 then in 104 oct was 470/520 and then i put 2 APR r1 dv's which are a lot better then the piston type DV’s, they use a nomex diaphragm what reacts faster. After that I adding a boost controller and went from 14.2 psi to 15.7 psi and it made 494/563. I also tried a couple of intake's and ended up going back to stock.

Chris Green

Old 02-22-2008, 04:41 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of

Chris Green
So the Valet can switch back to the racing mode and have some FUN when you are dining.

I know that APR has this option, I like the idea of altering the timing and boost for performance reasons on any given day or moment. I only run VP MS 109 so I do not need to switch between octanes.

Great product!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by robertp
So the Valet can switch back to the racing mode and have some FUN when you are dining.
Only if he knows it has an APR chip, knows that to switch between programs you hold down the cruise control stock for 5 seconds until it activates the program switching, then knows which program slot the performance file is in. There is no extra hardware and no way for them to tell that the car has this technology.

As for changing timing and boost on the fly, what do you think the different octane maps do?

Full disclosure: I run EPL software and NOT APR software on my car, but I did have APR software in a previous car.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:20 AM
I have never tried the 100oct, but 2 weeks ago when I first got the car when it was a 100% stock no dv's i ran it on the dyno and it made 389/400 then I chipped it on the dyno and in 93oct it made 440/485 then in 104 oct was 470/520 and then i put 2 APR r1 dv's which are a lot better then the piston type DV’s, they use a nomex diaphragm what reacts faster. After that I adding a boost controller and went from 14.2 psi to 15.7 psi and it made 494/563. I also tried a couple of intake's and ended up going back to stock.

Chris Green
What kind of dyno are you using? Stock cars generally dyno around 330awhp on mustang dynos.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
563 rwtq on k16s? What is that, 630 fwtq? I guess we will see what his quartermile trap is to verify those numbers. We all know how inaccurate and undependable a dyno can be. Just for the record, my car indicated 506 rwhp and 496 rwtq on k24's with a flash and exhaust when I ran her on the dyno. It trapped 129.7 Although my car is 2 to 3 hundred pounds lighter; I am curious to see the outcome. To tell you the truth, I am more astonished at the time claimed in his signature by his GTI; 10.97 at 130? Do you have any video or a slip for that? What were the mods for that car?

Last edited by 9Eleven; 02-22-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
563 rwtq on k16s? What is that, 630 fwtq? I guess we will see what his quartermile trap is to verify those numbers. We all know how inaccurate and undependable a dyno can be. Just for the record, my car indicated 506 rwhp and 496 rwtq on k24's with a flash and exhaust when I ran her on the dyno. It trapped 129.7 Although my car is 2 to 3 hundred pounds lighter; I am curious to see the outcome. To tell you the truth, I am more astonished at the time claimed in his signature by his GTI; 10.97 at 130? Do you have any video or a slip for that? What were the mods for that car?
like i said before look me up on the net to find out i am not BSing you,
here is a link to the gti and also some other my other cars.
http://uspmotorsports.com/featured_cars.php click on the silver gti for the video.

Chris Green

Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
mike@usp is infamous around these parts
all our times are legit sir.. Trust me we have no reason to come on here and BS.. That gti was the 1st in the 10's.. see my signature.. we dont play games here..

as far as the dynos accuracy its very accurate. we calibrated the wheels more than 1x to get it near dead accurate by industry standard.. cars that are supposed to make 225 chipped make 223-225whp.. my car made 697 last year on 1 dyno and then i made 703 on our dyno..

Old 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
That's very accurate though Mario, you went a 11.1 at 129.xx right?? Just saw the video the GTI sure is quick!!

BTW some K16 car's dyno damn high, or maybe it's the dyno's? Remember when I posted my graphs on pump? 516RWTQ on a Mustang..

Old 02-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
That's very accurate though Mario, you went a 11.1 at 129.xx right?? Just saw the video the GTI sure is quick!!

BTW some K16 car's dyno damn high, or maybe it's the dyno's? Remember when I posted my graphs on pump? 516RWTQ on a Mustang..
What kind of dyno was it that you made 500+ on k24's?
and you went 11.1's with those mods above?

Chris Green

Old 02-22-2008, 10:44 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
What kind of dyno was it that you made 500+ on k24's?
and you went 11.1's with those mods above?

Chris Green
Chris i'm sorry for the confusion... My old K16 car stg 2+ setup dyno'd 493 rwhp and 516 rwtq on pump gas on a Mustang dyno , the shop who dyno'd built the worlds fastest 350z's !!

(9eleven's GT2) ran an 11.1 at almost 130 trap with just tune, exhaust on his GT2, he has stock K24's but said he dyno'd low!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c6 zo6 vs k16 car video