996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

For those of you with hollow cats:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
For those of you with hollow cats:

What CEL codes are you getting?

Have you found a non-ecu related method to prevent CEL?

TIA

Old 02-22-2008, 01:15 AM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Cat deficency. I just use my scan tool to clear it.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Do you know the exact code. i.e. p0136.....

I clear it, and within 15-45 mins, it comes back...

Old 02-22-2008, 02:36 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
I just saw O2 extenders on FVD's website. Maybe worth a shot?

All they do is extend the O2 sensor out of the exhaust path. There are also "black boxes" that might trick the ECU.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm using a form of the O2 extenders, with no luck.

I tried to locate the FVD o2 extender on their site, with no luck.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Can't your turner tune around it? I was talking about doing a cat delete and cutout custom fab job on the stock exhaust and Tony at EPL told me he would code around the CEL.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Can't your turner tune around it? I was talking about doing a cat delete and cutout custom fab job on the stock exhaust and Tony at EPL told me he would code around the CEL.
For off road purposes only of course.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
For off road purposes only of course.
Yeah, what he said.
I'm going to have to draft you up a disclaimer for your signature file.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Off road, well of course. My car is NEVER driven on the road, cause that would be a big no-no.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:44 PM
My tuner will not program around it...

So anyone got the CEL codes?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
FVD will,Thats why I went with them for this. I guess you can use a scan tool , or even a brokway engineering 920 to do this.

*** For off road only of course ***

Old 02-22-2008, 03:00 PM
i have a OBDII reset tool, but the light comes on way too often....

also i want to double check that the codes im throwing are from the hollow cats, and not blown o2 sensors....

Old 02-22-2008, 04:48 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
triple_nickel is infamous around these parts
Although I have never run hollow cats on Porsche's, I have used a resistor fix on many import tuner cars without cats to eliminate the CEL.

Here is a link to one for a Subaru STi. Essentially it 'fools' the ECU by changing the feedback voltage from the O2 sensors. I am not sure of the correct resistance value that would be needed for the Porsche system and it would also need to be spliced in.

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merch...gory_Code=3220

Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Has anyone tried to just "hang" the second o2 sensor outside the exhaust and plug the hole?
I really can't believe someone has not come up with a 'offroad" kit to plug into the harness to take care of this issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For those of you with hollow cats: