996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TechArt or Gemballa?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
ugh... this board has become ghetto.

Both the TechArt and Gemballa front ends look wack because it takes away from the Porsche look. Can you imagine the factory ever making something like those? Both designs remind me of a VeilSide kit or something.

I guess a lot of Turbo owners are all about the bling. You don't see GT owners desecrating their cars like that.
Right... you don't see GT owners desecrating their cars like this? As if GT owners are a completely different breed of people. There is a difference between tasteful upgrades like the techart kit and putting 20 inch spinners on a turbo. The latter would be bling bling, why can't you admit that the techart kit looks better than what the factory came up with?

Everyone should just go get a GT2 and not modify anything, because GT2's are just better cars and GT2 owners are better people with better taste.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:15 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
ugh... this board has become ghetto.

Both the TechArt and Gemballa front ends look wack because it takes away from the Porsche look. Can you imagine the factory ever making something like those? Both designs remind me of a VeilSide kit or something.

I guess a lot of Turbo owners are all about the bling. You don't see GT owners desecrating their cars like that.
Tyson.

I use to have to flash the lights for a GT2 to move over. Now with the Techart front they just move over and catch the wind draft.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
Tyson.

I use to have to flash the lights for a GT2 to move over. Now with the Techart front they just move over and catch the wind draft.
That's because it's an eyesore to have to see that ugly bumper in the rear view mirror.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sticky
Right... you don't see GT owners desecrating their cars like this? As if GT owners are a completely different breed of people. There is a difference between tasteful upgrades like the techart kit and putting 20 inch spinners on a turbo. The latter would be bling bling, why can't you admit that the techart kit looks better than what the factory came up with?

Everyone should just go get a GT2 and not modify anything, because GT2's are just better cars and GT2 owners are better people with better taste.
Yes, in fact GT2/3 owners are a different breed of people. Look at the topics posted in the GT2/3 forum vs. here. Maybe if you owned one, you would know.

And why would I ever admit that the TechArt kit looks better than factory when it doesn't? Tell me exactly how it is supposed to look better?

To me the factory GT2 nose and the Ruf nose are the best looking bumpers because they are functional and elegant without looking ludicrous. The Manthey Racing widebody front is nice too... but alas it is not available as just a front bumper.

I think those who have experienced both cars would agree that the GT2 is indeed a better car in many respects than the Turbo, and having owned BOTH, I think I have a qualified opinion. So why don't you save your sarcastic remarks when you actually have a basis for comparison? Tell us, what do you know about a GT car?

And who says GT2's don't get modified? Just not in the same manner as Turbos... GT cars generally get modified for enhanced performance, not BLING. Well, except for those running 19's....

Last edited by Hamann7; 06-26-2004 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Yes, in fact GT2/3 owners are a different breed of people. Look at the topics posted in the GT2/3 forum vs. here. Maybe if you owned one, you would know.

And why would I ever admit that the TechArt kit looks better than factory when it doesn't? Tell me exactly how it is supposed to look better?

To me the factory GT2 nose and the Ruf nose are the best looking bumpers because they are functional and elegant without looking ludicrous. The Manthey Racing widebody front is nice too... but alas it is not available as just a front bumper.

I think those who have experienced both cars would agree that the GT2 is indeed a better car in many respects than the Turbo, and having owned BOTH, I think I have a qualified opinion. So why don't you save your sarcastic remarks when you actually have a basis for comparison? Tell us, what do you know about a GT car?

And who says GT2's don't get modified? Just not in the same manner as Turbos... GT cars generally get modified for enhanced performance, not BLING. Well, except for those running 19's....
I can't wait until I buy a GT2 so that then my opinion will matter. You need to get over yourself and your GT2, as quickly as possible.

All the turbo owners stop posting! You don't have GT2's and therefore you are not the same as the GT2 owners and your opinion is meaningless. Everyone let Hamann7 post in this thread because he is right since he is a GT2 owner.

I didn't say GT2's don't get modified, don't try and put words in my mouth. They do get modified, as there are quite a few on this board alone. You used the word "desecrating" to describe modifying GT2's as if they god's gift to the sports car world and perfect in every way and not to be tampered with.

If your head gets any bigger your hands are going to have trouble getting to the keyboard.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:01 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Different strokes for different folks...It's a free country and everyone's tastes and opinions matter...they should be respected...except for Liberals of course!!!

Old 06-26-2004, 09:18 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
I love that Rockitman!

I really like the TA and you get better downforce, so it's not ALL bling. At least that's what I told myself.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:20 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Tyson,

I have driven GT2's several times. Sorry, but it can't come close to performing better in any area against my turbo with the lone exception of very tight slow turns.

I love the GT2, but let's get realistic. I choose the GT2 rear because I like it best. I choose the Techart Type II because I like it best. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with the GT2 or Gemballa fronts. It is all subjective. Frankly, Porsche doesn't build a car I really like in the stock form.

Last edited by cjv; 06-26-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:32 AM
cjv
Originally posted by rockitman
Different strokes for different folks...It's a free country and everyone's tastes and opinions matter...they should be respected...except for Liberals of course!!!
rockitman.

Tyson isn't a liberal under any definition.

Old 06-26-2004, 11:25 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by cjv
rockitman.

Tyson isn't a liberal under any definition.
Ohh I know that...he's the coming of the anti-liberal!!!

Old 06-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
I agree with Hamann7

I have a lowly 2001 C4, but it has the Factory Aero kit, since the last generation GT3 was my dream car.

I do think that the TA kit is a bit ricey---too wild looking for a porsche.

The Gemballa Kit makes the car look like a RACE car, where the Techart kit just makes the turbo look like a show car.

The RUF kit is my most favorite kit. When I saw Sean's Black RUF Turbo, I needed a new change of pants

GT2/GT3=requires drivers that are "enthusiast racers"

same with the Stradale

The turbo owners are buying cars for reliabilty, where as the GT3/GT2 drivers are leaning more towards passion

JUST MY HONEST OPINION

Old 06-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Pistol

The turbo owners are buying cars for reliabilty, where as the GT3/GT2 drivers are leaning more towards passion

Preeth, while I can respect your view regarding this thread... I would hardly call any of the TT owners "un-passioned"

As far as reliability, one could argue that stock GT2/3 cars would be more reliable being that TT guyz who chip their cars are not afraid of the reliability risk that can come with high HP...That is being passionate, imho...

Old 06-26-2004, 12:05 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
The turbo owners are buying cars for reliability, where as the GT3/GT2 drivers are leaning more towards passion
Me Disagree.......

I am passionate about the car and my driving. Always have been and always will be.

Old 06-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
just curious as to why Ferrari owners don't modify their cars as much as Porsche owners do?

Lets talk about the 360 and the turbo. They are marketed towards one another. WHy the huge turbo upgrade? and the lack of for Ferrari?

Old 06-26-2004, 12:45 PM
cjv
just curious as to why Ferrari owners don't modify their cars as much as Porsche owners do?

Lets talk about the 360 and the turbo. They are marketed towards one another. WHy the huge turbo upgrade? and the lack of for Ferrari?
It is called demand. No demand.......no supply. The bigger the market, the better the supply.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt or Gemballa?