996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TechArt or Gemballa?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
ok, but why is there demand from porsche owners compared to ferrari owners?

do porsche owners want more from their car that the factory can not acheive? if so, what makes ferrari owners more complacent wtih their cars?

Old 06-26-2004, 01:18 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Pistol
ok, but why is there demand from porsche owners compared to ferrari owners?

do porsche owners want more from their car that the factory can not acheive? if so, what makes ferrari owners more complacent wtih their cars?
Pistol,

It is not that the Ferrari owners don't want the mods. It is their isn't enough of them to make a manufacturer or tuners time worth while to design the mods. Even if they did design them, the costs of production for the limited market makes the price very high.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
understood

i regret making my comments. sorry

Old 06-26-2004, 09:01 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Pistol,

There is no right or wrong on these forms. Only opinions. There is nothing to be sorry for. I have changed my view many times when someone provides a logical explanation. These forms are about learning and not being afraid to express your own opinion.

Old 06-27-2004, 05:55 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Ok, I have to throw this in here for all the Gemballa haters....does anyone besides me see a resemblence?? And the funny thing is that Gemballa had the design first!!!

Evan
PS-Tyson what insight to the thread does your comment add?? Sorry we can't all be "hardcore racers" like you

Old 06-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Evan, What kind of insight can you possibly expect on a thread like this? I understand that you have a vested interest in selling products to the bling crowd, so be it. How can you say Gemballa had the design before the CGT, when the CGT prototype was created years ago?

Hey Chad, if I spent half the money in mods on my GT2 than you claim to have on your Turbo, your car in terms of handling would not even come close. That I can assure you.

Frankly but with all due respect, you have spent a lot of money experimenting with a lot of stuff that didn't work and are still tinkering. The fact that you would even compare a stock GT2 with a 996 Turbo that has triple adjustable JRZ's, external canisters, and everything to convert to a full race suspension is completely ludicrous.

BUT... maybe, just maybe, one day you will see a GT2 with a setup that will impress you.

As for everyone else, I don't care if you flame me or bash my opinions. I know a bit about modding Turbos, and if you don't agree, so be it. There is no point in arguing about 'modding'.... especially with people who drive Cayennes.

Last edited by Hamann7; 06-29-2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Porsche Fiend
And just for the record, I do think the Ruf bumper looks great.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:15 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !

I decided to stick wth Porsche-only. Even if I'm a ricer with my CF, I reckon the testing done on the aerodynamics by Porsche is going to pay dividends and actually be functional. I even went to the trouble to make the front end and radiator function the same way as a GT2. I know, I know.. I'm a wannabe GT2

Old 06-29-2004, 12:33 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Evan, What kind of insight can you possibly expect on a thread like this? I understand that you have a vested interest in selling products to the bling crowd, so be it. How can you say Gemballa had the design before the CGT, when the CGT prototype was created years ago?
I expected insight that would answer the thread starters question which was basically "Which bodykit (Gemballa or Techart) do you prefer?". This may be bling bling to you...thats fine you are entitled, HOWEVER instead of stating this (which everyone already knows) why not just not post on this thread?? Thats what I don't get?? Can't you just ignore threads you don't agree with and have no help to add rather than start a fight?? Also as for me selling to the bling crowd....I work for a tuner...we do sell bodykits (which I guess you consider bling), however we do performance as well... (hence our 1000HP 993 C4S in Germany....)
Evan
PS-You may be correct on the CGT being first....either way, looks similar no??

Last edited by AMG ETR; 06-29-2004 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:37 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by sharkster
I decided to stick wth Porsche-only. Even if I'm a ricer with my CF, I reckon the testing done on the aerodynamics by Porsche is going to pay dividends and actually be functional. [/B]
I agree with you on the aero. testing aspect.

I personally would never modify the bodywork on my Turbo.

As for the TechArt bumper...it makes the car look like some relative of one of the bug creatures from the Star Ship Troopers movie.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Porsche Fiend
I dunno Evan, why do I post on threads I don't agree with?

Since you got banned from 6Speed, I was hoping to get that helpful insight from you.

I'd like to see how many 1000hp engine conversions you will sell in the next year.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Hamann7
I dunno Evan, why do I post on threads I don't agree with?
Since you got banned from 6Speed, I was hoping to get that helpful insight from you.
I'd like to see how many 1000hp engine conversions you will sell in the next year.
Tyson,
I learn from mistakes...
Why would you say somthing like that?? Because you realize you are wrong?? Just saying if your post does not help the thread starter or someone else in the thread, then why post it?? I don't want to argue with you...just think your comments were somwhat "out of line".
As for 1000 conversion...never said we sell it, but we can do it...not just "bling bodykits"
Evan

Old 06-29-2004, 04:44 AM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Evan, I've just placed the order for the Gemballa front bumper kit, the shop has it in stock and expect to finish the paint and installation by end of the week. Hopefully I'll have pic to share with everyone by early next week. I'm keeping the TA side rockers, rear bumper and GT2 wing, let's see if they all blend together smoothly.

Tyson, since I joined the board few months ago I've always been impressed with your insight knowledge in the hardcore racing arena. And like you, the rest of us are also Porsche enthusiats who are passionate about sharing and learning from each other on this board. And that's what makes this fourm is so great, as everyone is not afraid and eager to voice their own opinions regardless of their respective knowledge level, because deep down we all share the same love and passion right?

Peter

Old 06-29-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by swordsman
Evan, I've just placed the order for the Gemballa front bumper kit, the shop has it in stock and expect to finish the paint and installation by end of the week. Hopefully I'll have pic to share with everyone by early next week. I'm keeping the TA side rockers, rear bumper and GT2 wing, let's see if they all blend together smoothly.
Peter
Very cool, should look pretty nice!! Next time give me a call tho, I might be able to beat a price on Gemballa because I get them straight outta Germany . I don't have them in stock here tho, so that is cool you are getting it quick!! Next step is the hood
Evan

Old 06-29-2004, 04:56 AM
Porsche Fiend
Peter, I agree, we all share the same love and passion!

I appreciate all the kind words, thank you.

Sometimes I stir things up a bit to inspire discussion, even if it is argument. I think this board has gotten a bit mundane at times, and every so often I like to poke a little fun.

I just believe that people should think and analyze what they want their cars to really do rather than just mod for the sake of modding. I'd like to break apart the 'herd' mentality on this board and challenge people to be a bit different or creative in their mods! It's really nothing personal against anyone, as I pretty much like and respect most of the people in this community.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt or Gemballa?