996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TechArt or Gemballa?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:00 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
if everyone liked the same thing the world would be boring.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:15 AM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
"Sometimes I stir things up a bit to inspire discussion, even if it is argument. I think this board has gotten a bit mundane at times, and every so often I like to poke a little fun.

I just believe that people should think and analyze what they want their cars to really do rather than just mod for the sake of modding. I'd like to break apart the 'herd' mentality on this board and challenge people to be a bit different or creative in their mods! It's really nothing personal against anyone, as I pretty much like and respect most of the people in this community."

Exactly! Actually I already knew your real intentions when you tried to stir up the discussions, but I still wanted you to share it with everyone so no one would be under the wrong impression!

Old 06-29-2004, 05:18 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Peter, I agree, we all share the same love and passion!

I appreciate all the kind words, thank you.

Sometimes I stir things up a bit to inspire discussion, even if it is argument. I think this board has gotten a bit mundane at times, and every so often I like to poke a little fun.

I just believe that people should think and analyze what they want their cars to really do rather than just mod for the sake of modding. I'd like to break apart the 'herd' mentality on this board and challenge people to be a bit different or creative in their mods! It's really nothing personal against anyone, as I pretty much like and respect most of the people in this community.
You stir things up because your car is slow and only runs 10s

Old 06-29-2004, 06:30 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
You stir things up because your car is slow and only runs 10s
and had a ricer front lip

Old 06-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, but at least it doesn't look like a vampire.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:41 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by swordsman
Here's the Gemballa kit.
That's the nose I have with a GT-2 wing. It is my personal favorite combo. If you look closely at the nose it is a combo of (1) Carrera GT on the front three intakes, (2) the GT-2 on the top vents, and (3) the cup car vents in front of the wheels---I just love it. I know the TA nose is popular, but it just has too much tension and aggressiveness in the design. It is probably why some people don't like the look of the Enzo--too jagged and aggressive IMHO. Realize this is all about fluff and not about substance or performance, but if looks didn't matter, we would be married to trolls and driving Scions.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:47 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Yeah, but at least it doesn't look like a vampire.
more like a manpire

Old 06-29-2004, 06:48 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Originally posted by james
...........but if looks didn't matter, we would be married to trolls and driving Scions.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:51 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
That's the nose I have with a GT-2 wing. It is my personal favorite combo. If you look closely at the nose it is a combo of (1) Carrera GT on the front three intakes, (2) the GT-2 on the top vents, and (3) the cup car vents in front of the wheels---I just love it. I know the TA nose is popular, but it just has too much tension and aggressiveness in the design. It is probably why some people don't like the look of the Enzo--too jagged and aggressive IMHO. Realize this is all about fluff and not about substance or performance, but if looks didn't matter, we would be married to trolls and driving Scions.
Do you have a pic??? I have never seen anyone with my front b4!!!!
Evan

Old 06-29-2004, 07:02 AM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
James, yes...a pic of your car please! And thanks for the confidence boost, I'd just ordered the Gemballa nose this morning and was hoping it'd blend in with the GT2 wing and rest of TA smoothly.

Peter

Old 06-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
tyson you smell....

Old 06-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Carolina Speed
Originally posted by swordsman
Evan, I've just placed the order for the Gemballa front bumper kit, the shop has it in stock and expect to finish the paint and installation by end of the week. Hopefully I'll have pic to share with everyone by early next week. I'm keeping the TA side rockers, rear bumper and GT2 wing, let's see if they all blend together smoothly

Peter
My advice is not to drive it at all until you get some protection like 3M on the front and here is why. It is fiberglass and white, once primed and painted, the slightest rock will chip this kind of nose and the white will show through on just about every color paint. It is more brittle than the stock flexible polyeurethane (dark undrneath) nose. Learn from other's experience. Don't misunderstand or get depressed. I have this nose and I love it and track it and drive it hard and I don't have to tape it or bra it

Last edited by james; 06-29-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Don Relentless
tyson you smell....
as long as it keeps the vampire away...

Old 06-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Carolina Speed
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Do you have a pic??? I have never seen anyone with my front b4!!!!
Evan
Evan, if that is your yellow beast, my bumper is very close. I don't have the bifurcated upper vents. Mine is one continuous vent like the GT-2. I will post tonight. That yellow car is beautiful.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:36 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Evan, if that is your yellow beast, my bumper is very close. I don't have the bifurcated upper vents. Mine is one continuous vent like the GT-2. I will post tonight. That yellow car is beautiful.
Yep the yellow is mine....please do post a pic!!
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt or Gemballa?