996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good results with AGLA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by benguss
Your wheel looks excellent compared to mine....OK you mention turning good thread into bad...I personally would like to hear good and bad either from sellers or mechanical work so I can make a choice. If everyone said "hey change out your flywheel to a light weight one and the response is great" I would hope the people that did do this chimed in and said some of the NEGATIVE stuff about it, noise and traffic driving..same with merchants,stores, shops etc....but jcb-memphis your steering wheel from AGLA is VERY nice.
What he said ...

Old 03-02-2008, 05:42 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
What he said ...

Fair enough.... To those that want negative feedback, do a search here and on rennlist. Pictures pop up. It is not pretty...you could say I had "cohonas" to even try things with him.

I think Dr. Gun has gotten whatever issues were a problem fixed. Assume 6 weeks for a custom job...I had the rallye strip, custom color, and four ergo grips. If you choise black, he has peforated. He has alcantara now too. I tried an alcatara wheel in the heat and with sweat I decided it was not for me....

JB

Old 03-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Maybe its the pictures, but that wheel doesn't look good IMO. It looks loose and you can see bumps in the leather. This almost looks like one of those lace on covers you buy at Autozone. I guess the ultimate solution is to replace the whole wheel?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:57 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Long term...I'll probably get a custom FVD/ATIWE for really huge bucks..... Or the leather one from Gert Carnewal. He is a super guy to deal with, as is FVD.

But, that is 2x to 6x this price.... I'll bang on it for a while and see where I land. Despite the pictures, it is very tight and not going anywhere. It feels super.

There is a small bump on the left that is not "perfect" that I can feel if I search it out...but if I drive normally, it is not noticed.... My grade is 9 to 9.5 out of 10. For the price of 2-3k one gets 10/10....but I found that hard to justify at present.... I suspect it is like tunes...one starts at stage II and got to a built engine over time....

Go to the MAcarbon site and look at the carbon wheel with the red stripe...that is something I would like over/in time.....they are f360 wheels.... I assume you can get these if you ask in a 996 wheel. But who knows. They are ~1900 each.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-02-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
How much did you spend for "customizing" your wheel + core?

I spent ... i think $1100 for an FVD Carbon Daytonas (340mm) + extra for the "limited edition" leather airbag ....

If memory serves, i think I coughed up about $800+ for a "customized" wheel from AGLA ... that I sent back ...

Old 03-03-2008, 06:02 AM
About 575. So about 1/2....plus I got the "spare" wheel off ebay for only $100 or so (metropol blue must not be a "hot" color to sell).

To be fair, I might contact MA carbon and/or FVD and look at their stuff over time. You guys are right. I suspect this is A and those are A+....in the grand scheme that is my way of looking at things.

What annoys me, honestly, is that Porsche cannot give us cools OEM wheels like some other manufacturers (Ferrari, Audi, Bentley, etc.). One would think that they could manage such....

I drove it into work today...regardless..the thicker wheel and stripe just made me smile all the way into work, that is what I care about. It is exactly what I wanted. Custom....something to be said for that. It is super nice. It is what he is able to do now. The rest is up to each reader to fathom...call the guy and check. Me, I am happy and was nervous. So I posted. He did a great job for me.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-03-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
How much is the typical re-wrap?

I just want black with silver/grey stitching...

I have an aftermarket wheel so timing is of no concern...

Old 05-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I'd just contact him directly....get pictures sent, etc. I put a lot of options in. The yellow stripe probably doubles the complexity of the job for him.....I put ergo padding in, etc.

If just basic, I suspect it is 250ish- to 350ish. I don't remember. Given how hard it is to do...I would just pay. It is many hours of work....I tried myself a long time ago on my old 993...not worth it.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 05-11-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I saw jeff's wheel in person back in march and grabbed onto it, and I have no clue what the fuss is... That wheel is sharp, and I'd love to have one...

If the guys at AGLA have issues with regards to quick turn around, that's one thing... However, the quality I saw first hand was top shelf!

Mike

Old 05-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Go to the MAcarbon site and look at the carbon wheel with the red stripe...that is something I would like over/in time.....they are f360 wheels.... I assume you can get these if you ask in a 996 wheel. But who knows. They are ~1900 each.

JB[/quote]

We can do any wheel, but it is expensive, and that is why we don't market our wheels for Porsche. Factory Porsche wheels are relatively cheap from suncoast porsche. It you want a 12 o'clock ring and different color stictching on your wheel, we can do it. We also offer suede or regular leather. Anything can be done for a price