996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good results with AGLA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:20 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Good results with AGLA

Hi.

I wanted a custom wheel with a rallye stripe. I looked at AGLA. In reality, the wheel is metropol blue as are the rugs....the stitching is too yellow in retrospect, but I like it....it is almost the natural brown. It looks better in person somehow. It is a lot lighter in the flash than in real life. The leather is more smooth than the carpet, hence the shine.

Also took a used techart **** for a 6so-ner and put it in.....note how much lower one can get with it in the lowest position. The car has the OEM SSK, so it is really amazing.

Gas pedal is now with a rennline adapter for 35$...to aid in heel/toe....

Regarding AGLA, he was not as fast as I had hoped, but 6 weeks later...voila (and the quality of the work is quite good, oem at least for my wheel). He did not give me a discount to get a review, etc., fwiw. He has only one real problem...time. He took a long time to get the rallye stripe right...I think that added days to the wheel. FYI.

Attached Images      

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-01-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I am surprised (although I'm glad) that you had a great experience with AGLA. I worked with him a while ago and I was extremely frustrated. I ordered a wheel from him to be "thickened". After about 8 weeks of waiting (due to weather issues / people on strike, etc.) my steering wheel finally came. And to my surprise ... the airbag DOES NOT fit!!! I ended up sending him back the wheel, requesting a refund (in which he denied). So, the burden of calling my credit card company to dispute this transaction had to be done ... give or take $900 ...

To make the long story short, I ordered the wheel from FVD ... with a special "limited edition" airbag. Thanks Rhonda!

If I can figure out how to post some pictures on here ... I would be glad to send you the pictures ...

Old 02-26-2008, 02:18 AM
benguss is infamous around these parts
I got the same excuses, and after thinking he had ripped me off and threats from me he sent me me wheel, the donor wheel looked like it had been outdoors in a junk yard and excess loose threads. Time frame.....8 months..I didn't want to even send the wheel back and deal with him...

Old 02-26-2008, 03:09 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Tell me, at least you disputed the charge ... I have heard that he seemed to be a standup guy from other people ... i.e. my friends...although, my personal experience (and yours) ... he seems to be... shady ... not to mention, to describe the quality of work as being "sub par" is being .. kind...

Old 02-26-2008, 05:39 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I suspect he has learned a bit from bad experiences...he admitted that he had to reject a wheel job on my wheel because the rallye stripe was not strait.

Hey, at least he admitted it was hard and he threw it out.

Anyway, this one is very nice, very big in the grip diameter...exactly what I wanted.

If I could do one thing.....make the yellow stitching dark blue except at the stripe...and perhaps darken the shade a little.

I finally have a wheel that feels as good as a SAAB wheel (my former favorite OEM brand....even over BMW and AUDI). ;-)

The steering wheel is awesome. I just feel like I am in an RS now... :-)

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-29-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
966tt650 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by benguss
I got the same excuses, and after thinking he had ripped me off and threats from me he sent me me wheel, the donor wheel looked like it had been outdoors in a junk yard and excess loose threads. Time frame.....8 months..I didn't want to even send the wheel back and deal with him...
jcb-memphis-too bad he takes so long, your new wheel looks good in the photos.

bengus, this is the wrong place but the vivid disappointment thread is closed which is appropriate as everything was addressed that needed to be--with one exception, sorry for misunderstanding your intent & not reading enough of your post to see that you were not being "nasty" regarding Vivid. My apologies. jaj

Last edited by 966tt650; 02-28-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
agla,inc. is infamous around these parts
AGLA responds

Dear members
I rarely post any blogs becasue I am hammered doing wheels/ ***** for clients.We really try our best -we really do -How can i be in bisiness otherwise since 1985 doing this- actually i should not even be wasting my time here since i have to oversee production for several wheels going to shows in march.We bend over backwards for customers whims/desires.the wheel we did for the member displayed above is typical of our work these days .The difference is I took my time .Frankly I have noticed with a small percentage of all customers have nothing else better to do than to complain- no matter how perfect the wheel is...I have had perfectly great wheels returned because of lint on the leather and client could not wipe it off.However if any one has a complant
we try our best.And if an airbag or tiptronic parts does not fit _we have nothing to do with parts like that -and we tell them that fact - we have nothing to could ever do to a part like that - if a part does not fit like an airbag - sorry not my problem- there is something else going on there with the wheel.Recently i got blasted by the a client becasue the all his dash lights lite up after installing a finished wheel. Frankly after that one I refused to answer his questions because this had nothing to do with a wheel that came directly form him.Thats why we do like to swap out wheel - do the clients same wheel and none of these issues pop up.I told him to go to a dealer .He emailed with an appology - he had forgot to mention the car have battery issues and had not been driven in months...in the meantime we were to blame for everything....
I DO NOT RIP ANYONE OFF.I am are honest and caring and only trying my damdest to make everyone happy - so everyone gets a nice finished wheel or ****.Thats why in the wholesale trade we rarely in 20 plus years rarely if ever lost a customer or returns for that matter-we have the lowest return % rate in the wholesale trade -Ask Performance Products.But anyone who knows the retail end of a business are always a pain because of a certant small percentage is always there complaining.If anything I have changed something over the years which is that i now take my time doing a wheel rather than being pushed around with countless phone calls /emails forcing me to rush a wheel that these same people complain/blog about above.I as the owner of AGLA,inc know that there are a ton of loyal customers who like my products .2- or 3 complaners out there frankly does not even justify my wasting time responding.
Some may not like a slow turnaround - some appreciate it .Only trying our best.I never said my company was the size of Porsche factory in stuttgart- and actually todays newspaper here in miami includes news of a fire at the factory how it will delay several 100's 911 in production.Things happen that are out of control wheather large or small.

I am not perfect - again we try our best.If my best is not good enough and the customer insists on whatever they insist on - time to move on to those who appreciate our work.And its all handmade with literally blood sweat and tears ....

I am greatful to 99.9 % of of my customers.It feeds my kids/pays my mortgage- am not going to retire even close to rich with this company.I quit a medical career for this and the pay is not even close of what i could have made- but i felt this was my calling when I started it as a lark back in the 80's.I am proud of the work we do - such as the 996 wheel above- and I have alot more that i will be posting on my revamped web site quite soon.Alot of alcantara /wild color combos we have done over the years.
I plan on advertising/linking on this web site soon also- We get alot of referals/word of mouth via 6speedonline so we feel we should be there soon.

thank you for all your patronage-must get back to several 997 gt3 wheel we are customizing.
Alan Gun M.D.President AGLA,inc.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:25 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
how much and link to get that ****

Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 PM
To be fair, Dr. Gun warned me about the rallye stripe and how long it would take... The OEM rallye stripes look like prints and not separate pieces of leather. He actually sews separate pieces of leather....a royal pita I am sure.

The time issue is my issue. In the end, it is a very, very nice product. If you want to mix and match things and have an OEM airbag compatible wheel...this is the thing.

It is hard to tell because of the color used that there is depth, but he put anatomic molds in at four locations.

Bottom line, it has enhanced driving for me. I really like it a lot, and it fits the OEM airbag well.

On the ****. I bought it used via a 6speed person. It is Techart. It looks a lot like the one sold Gert Carnewal's site (carnewal.com). Not sure, but it may be the same or almost same thing.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-29-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by agla,inc.
... However if any one has a complant ...
we try our best. ... if a part does not fit like an airbag ... sorry not my problem ... I am are honest and caring and only trying my damdest to make everyone happy ...

... Alan Gun M.D.President AGLA,inc.
I'm curious ... how could one claims such things ... "I am honest and 'caring'" yet ... also say "if a part does not fit like an airbag ... sorry not my problem" ....

Hmmm ... I suppose I should ask everyone here .... What if I pay you to "customize" a wheel for me.. .and upon delivery, the airbag DOES NOT fit ... how do you expect me as the paying customer react to this ... especially after being promised (and numerous excuses have been made) regarding the "timely" delivery of this product....

Delays happen, I understand that, it is to be expected when doing business; however, POOR QUALITY is UNACCEPTABLE ... not to mention if the issue falls upon Form, FIT or Function ... the freaking airbag DOES NOT fit ...and you say ... its not your problem??

Is that too much to ask?

I dunno, perhaps I'm just too demanding then ...

Old 03-01-2008, 12:59 AM
I remember seeing AGLA advertisements MANY years ago ..I believe in Panarama when I was dreaming of porsches. And so when I ordered my request I felt confident. But My experience with different "reasons" as to my wheel delays and some even changed as to the reason it did not arrive even after stating "we" sent it out and 2 months later another story as never sent out ...ie. stitching was wrong color. Mr. Gunn didn't like the job, "I'm having the wheel redone", may and can be true. After, I recieved my wheel I emailed back with my disappointment which was never answered back ...in fact during one period where I could not reach him by phone, I got his attention thru his ebay ad..contact seller. My steering wheel is ok at best..ok looking for track cars but Definitely sub standard for a street car. Mr. Gunn may have many satisfied customers...Good for him.... I was not one of them

Old 03-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
ALGA also did really crappy work on the steering wheel I sent him. It took a long time and I refused the wheel and airbag several times. On the third time I said screw it. I will post some pictures of the steering wheel and airbag cover and let this community be the judge on if the product is of a good quality or not. But in my eyes it looks like it came out of a high school shop not a professional company.

Hope to post the pictures tomorrow.

I'm also not a satisfied customer. But really wanted to be.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM
I would post pictures as well, but for the life of me ... I cant seem to figure it out how to do it on 6speed ... ** sigh **

Old 03-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Guys, what is the point in taking a positive thread and going negative..... Anyway, if you do so, please start your own thread. I just hate how so much here has to be negative. I read your posts and saw the pictures via the search feature when I did my background research. To do it again I think is not needed.

In the past, he did some stuff that looks bad in the pictures. My stuff, the current stuff, looks good. It is that simple. If people want to use him, they should contact him and get assured of the current situation on their own.

Ford made the Mustang II, and recently the GT.....perhaps the same sort of thing? Anyway, I chose to give the guy a chance and he came through.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-01-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Your wheel looks excellent compared to mine....OK you mention turning good thread into bad...I personally would like to hear good and bad either from sellers or mechanical work so I can make a choice. If everyone said "hey change out your flywheel to a light weight one and the response is great" I would hope the people that did do this chimed in and said some of the NEGATIVE stuff about it, noise and traffic driving..same with merchants,stores, shops etc....but jcb-memphis your steering wheel from AGLA is VERY nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good results with AGLA