996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The beginning of my garage transformation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 12:34 PM
JK996TT is infamous around these parts
My earlier post should have stated Gladiator Garage Works...dunno what happened. Thanks for the 2 companies Scott. Both look interesting....I will research farther.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:46 PM
scott is infamous around these parts
Your garage looks great!! I am preparing to do the same. Kiwi tiles look very similar to Race Deck's. Did you happen to check them out? Now help me out here- on Kiwi's web site it says $3.49 per tile, but $2.93 per sq ft. Aren't they 12in tiles??

Old 06-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by scott
Your garage looks great!! I am preparing to do the same. Kiwi tiles look very similar to Race Deck's. Did you happen to check them out? Now help me out here- on Kiwi's web site it says $3.49 per tile, but $2.93 per sq ft. Aren't they 12in tiles??
RaceDeck was much more expensive approaching $5/ft. The Kiwi tiles are like 13.1 x 13.1 (I think) but they are not 12 x 12 for sure. My next job is to paint the walls white and then get the organizing system and then I'm done.

Old 06-27-2004, 02:00 AM
ProV1 is infamous around these parts
JK, if u washed your car inside the garage, would the water just seep below those holes and just stay there? im thinking about those tiles but i need to wash my car inside the garage during wintertime

Old 06-27-2004, 03:30 AM
No, it would run out as the tiles are actually raised off the floor surface by a bunch of little feet. This system is great! To clean you could hose the floor and the water would go according to the slope of your garage floor.

Old 06-27-2004, 03:34 AM
barev is infamous around these parts
Don't forget adequate lighting for your beautie(s).

Old 06-27-2004, 03:57 AM
thx JK - btw paint the walls RED, not white!!

btw can u post pics of ramp edges if you used any? i'm curious how the edges to the driveway/garage door turned out

Old 06-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
I have Gladiator Garage works. My stuff is all on wheels for easy moving and cleaning. I have two large standing cabinets with shelving, a short tool cabinet with sliding drawer, and the freezer refridgerator (My wife wanted extra freezer space so she got me the fridge for my Christmas gift). I love the stuff but have not seen the craftsman version, it came out in my area after the Gladiator. If I recall, the Gladiator is made-owned by whirlpool. I haven't done the floor b/c I'm thinking about a whole new 5 car instead of the 2 1/2 I currently have. I don't have any of the wall mounted stuff and have framed pix instead. I would suggest the diamond plate style aluminum light switch covers and outlet covers--I got mine from Griot's. Thanks for the info on Kiwi, I will look into it. As for the quality of Gladiator, it is thin metal stuff, I expected much heavier, thicker, stronger, etc., like in a real garage tool cabinet, but I haven't had any problems with denting or sagging shelving. They look really nice kind of gray black textured speckle with aluminum look diamond plate doors. The wheels are nice and big and hefty. Let us know what you decide.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ProV1
thx JK - btw paint the walls RED, not white!!

btw can u post pics of ramp edges if you used any? i'm curious how the edges to the driveway/garage door turned out
I can't do red walls only because I will be selling this house in the next 18 months or so, so I am staying with neutral colors. I really wanted the floor in a black/red checkerboard but my wife convinced to stay with the black/grey for resale purposes.

I am not done with the "cuts" yet and that includes the end piece for the ramp edges. I will post a pic of that when I am done.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by james
I have Gladiator Garage works. My stuff is all on wheels for easy moving and cleaning. I have two large standing cabinets with shelving, a short tool cabinet with sliding drawer, and the freezer refridgerator (My wife wanted extra freezer space so she got me the fridge for my Christmas gift). I love the stuff but have not seen the craftsman version, it came out in my area after the Gladiator. If I recall, the Gladiator is made-owned by whirlpool. I haven't done the floor b/c I'm thinking about a whole new 5 car instead of the 2 1/2 I currently have. I don't have any of the wall mounted stuff and have framed pix instead. I would suggest the diamond plate style aluminum light switch covers and outlet covers--I got mine from Griot's. Thanks for the info on Kiwi, I will look into it. As for the quality of Gladiator, it is thin metal stuff, I expected much heavier, thicker, stronger, etc., like in a real garage tool cabinet, but I haven't had any problems with denting or sagging shelving. They look really nice kind of gray black textured speckle with aluminum look diamond plate doors. The wheels are nice and big and hefty. Let us know what you decide.
Thanks for the info on Gladiator...I need to see the Sears product up close. It looks very nice on the web site, but you can't go by that. I will keep you all posted.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:35 AM
JK i just noticed u got a E55 and a TT - whichi 1 do u find driving more??

Old 06-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ProV1
JK i just noticed u got a E55 and a TT - whichi 1 do u find driving more??
The E55 is my daily driver. The TT is my fun car. They are both phenomenal cars in their own way. IMO the E55 is actually a tick quicker from 40+, but that will change as soon as my mods are done. The E55 can't take a turn though. The TT is much more fun to drive overall. I have a deposit on the new M5, but we'll see if I pull the trigger when the time comes. The interior/exterior styling might prevent that from happening.

Old 06-28-2004, 02:28 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Killer! I guess I will have to do this too.

Old 06-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
DO you cut the tiles on the edges to make a perfect fit?

Old 06-28-2004, 10:57 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
JK, I may go your way. I sent you a PM. Call me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The beginning of my garage transformation