996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Guy = New Pics - Enjoy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
rwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of light
Nice car... congratulations!

Those are some pretty wild exhaust tips... what kind of exhaust does it have?

May is just around the corner... about the right time to get the car onthe road in Chicago....

Old 02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rwilliamtaylor
Those are some pretty wild exhaust tips... what kind of exhaust does it have?
Not sure what kind of exhaust it has but I'm pretty sure those are Tubi tips

Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Very nice ride! Love the gt2 front nose and painted lip. My buddy just sent his 997tt for lots of mods with Stephen. Looking forward to a ride when it gets back. GL and enjoy in good health.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:49 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Insolent One
LOL Yeah- I just can't wait for my "armor plating" mods!!! Hope it doesn't wear out the PSS9's too fast!!!!!
I thought you would need a more industrial tread pattern!

Seriously, I have not a clue but am interested to know what driving a tt is like in Iraq. Are there areas you must avoid? Are there lots of exotics or semi exotics around?

Old 02-26-2008, 01:51 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I bought mine from Chicago Motor Works and they told me lots of things about my car that was not true. Fortunately, when it arrived I found a good mechanic who fixed all the problems that they said were taken care of. I'm sure you will be in good hands with AI. Have fun with it.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I thought you would need a more industrial tread pattern!

Seriously, I have not a clue but am interested to know what driving a tt is like in Iraq. Are there areas you must avoid? Are there lots of exotics or semi exotics around?
Dude, he is over there in the service...he mentioned in the first post he will be home to the USA in May.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Dude, he is over there in the service...he mentioned in the first post he will be home to the USA in May.

Oh, damn, missed that part. I was envisioning him driving around among the humvees in his tt!
Insolent one, sorry for the mix up and thanks, my man, for doing your tour over there. Props to ya.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:07 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the pick up! She is a looker!
Robert

Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Nice, is that your garage? Looks huge!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Oh, damn, missed that part. I was envisioning him driving around among the humvees in his tt!
Insolent one, sorry for the mix up and thanks, my man, for doing your tour over there. Props to ya.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
wow...one of the most beatiful 996tt's...VERY CLEAN congrats on the purchase and welcome to 6speedonline

Old 02-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
Welcome, and an absolutely beautiful car!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:20 PM
996TurboOnMaui is infamous around these parts
Great looking car! +2 on returning home safely!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
cap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant future
excellent choice of ride. Congrats, but more importantly, stay safe.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Insolent One is infamous around these parts
Thanks All

Hey - hope ya'll enjoyed. Thanks to all for the compliments and warm welcome. I can't wait to get home to drive it.

Also thank for your help on the wheels and advice on the PPI.

rwilliamtaylor - That would be Tubi exhaust and tips. My son says they sound awesome - loud, but awesome!!! Guess I'll soon find out for myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Guy = New Pics - Enjoy