996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone tried REVO as a tuner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone tried REVO as a tuner?

I've been looking at all the tuners...and came across REVO...but there is very little information available on them..especially when it comes to tuning a 996TT.

I know they're a european entity...but has anyone used them on a TT and if so, what's the verdict?

No Kevin....I haven't forgotten or forsaken you.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
REVO is a very reputable brand amongst the Audi/VW crowd and along with APR, has started to peek it's head into the Porsche market.

I've got a contact that works for REVO that I could put you in touch with if you do have any questions, etc.

Regards,

Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, I've notice that...and I started inquiring into their product line and found that there was very little information out there. I do know that they have a "five hour/30 day tryout" on their install...which is five hours on a Hobbs meter, which means the time only runs when the engine runs. That is really a pretty different approach when compared to the other tuners...try it and see if you like it. Sort of a novel approach huh? At the end of the five hours it times out...and you either come back and buy it or drive off into the sunset. The main drawback is that I cant' find anyone who really knows about it...so Trevor, if you wouldn't mind, would you PM me with the contact information? I need someone with technical knowledge of the product, not a sales pitch.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
GossettPorsche is infamous around these parts
I had it on my A4 1.8T Quattro. never had an issue, performance seemed a bit stronger than some of the other programs I looked at/tried. very happy with it overall. if their P car program is anywhere as good as their Audi ones, then I would say you can't go wrong. of course, once of my decision factors was their was a local dealer for Revo, where as I would have had to drive to nashville for GIAC or down to Alabama for APR.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Liquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really nice
How much does Revo charge to flash a 996TT?

Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
A lot of guys in the UK use REVO, and one of their main dealers here is DMS (I can put you in touch with Rob there if you want). Don't know much about the numbers, but a 996TT Cab S threw down a 194mph at Vmax last year with just a Revo flash and exhaust, so it makes pretty good power. You can tune boost and AFR yourself via laptop plugged into the OBD2 port, which is also nice for more advanced users.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have a Revo Flash only for my 2005 Turbo S Cab and the car performes very well. I like it becuase it gives you the ability to vary the boost and timing to different conditions via a lap top. Cost is about $2400 in the US.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:17 AM
JonB has a spectacular aura aboutJonB has a spectacular aura aboutJonB has a spectacular aura about
I have spoken with Matthew Forte of Motor Works Racing about the Revo software for the 996 TT. He recommends/sells and supports the Revo software.

He runs a nice Porsche racing shop in north Atlanta.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Sweet car you have Jon.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:17 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I like it, but I think most of the well known Flash utilized on this board will work well

Old 03-01-2008, 07:39 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Actually, I've notice that...and I started inquiring into their product line and found that there was very little information out there. I do know that they have a "five hour/30 day tryout" on their install...which is five hours on a Hobbs meter, which means the time only runs when the engine runs. That is really a pretty different approach when compared to the other tuners...try it and see if you like it. Sort of a novel approach huh? At the end of the five hours it times out...and you either come back and buy it or drive off into the sunset. The main drawback is that I cant' find anyone who really knows about it...so Trevor, if you wouldn't mind, would you PM me with the contact information? I need someone with technical knowledge of the product, not a sales pitch.
Be very very careful with the 5 hour trial. Your ecu will not be stock any longer and if you decide not to go with a revo flash....your next tuner may not be able to flash your ecu.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
.your next tuner may not be able to flash your ecu.
Bingo....

Old 03-01-2008, 08:13 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I had the REVO stage 2 flash and car ran and performed great. It was best after the aftermarket EVO waste gates. Car completely different, it was unbelievable the improvement in torque and hp.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I had the REVO stage 2 flash and car ran and performed great. It was best after the aftermarket EVO waste gates. Car completely different, it was unbelievable the improvement in torque and hp.
sold, I am getting a pair ASAP. Thanks Tom.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:20 AM
I decided against....mostly becasue of the information I learned that your ECU will not go back to stock. When the 5 hour trial ends, the program has to go somewhere...it just doesn't evaporate like a Mission Impossible recorder. I'm an NOT knocking REVO, I just think I need to look closer to home.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried REVO as a tuner?