996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 on Ebay $85K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
garrickl is infamous around these parts
Because they are used car dealers .... and they are always working angles ... ever meet a used car salesman who did not have an angle?

Old 03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by garrickl
Well ... there is another 02 GT2 on eBay with 20k miles for $89k buy it now .... so market prices are flattening out and these and our 996tt are all going to feel it going forward. For those who have been waiting to get one ... the opportunities are only going to get better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...em130200870026
This one doesn't look as good as the first one posted. The gap on the right side of the hood looks too wide and the drivers seat is VERY worn for 20,000 miles. It may have been wrecked in the past. Definitely get it inspected by an independent source.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:04 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
^ That one has been talked about already on this forum

Old 03-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
If anyone is ready to sell their TT for $30 k please let me know as i have a half dozen friends ready to buy!!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Thought I would throw this in since it's a GT2 thread.

If anyone is interested in a 2004 GT2 with under 2k miles on the clock, PM me and I can forward the contact info of the owner to you. Asking a tad bit below $150k.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:20 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
This one doesn't look as good as the first one posted. The gap on the right side of the hood looks too wide and the drivers seat is VERY worn for 20,000 miles. It may have been wrecked in the past. Definitely get it inspected by an independent source.
Car was talked about and indeed wrecked/a pillar/frame damage!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:30 AM
orindaed is infamous around these parts
Did anyone here buy this GT2? If so, please contact me. It used to be mine. I returned it to the leasing company when my 997 GT3 arrived. No known damage, but I was the second lessee. I may have an extended warranty for it that is still in force.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh never mind...a dealer in LA purchased the car.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:34 AM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orindaed
Did anyone here buy this GT2? If so, please contact me. It used to be mine. I returned it to the leasing company when my 997 GT3 arrived. No known damage, but I was the second lessee. I may have an extended warranty for it that is still in force.
Great information... a day or two late....

Old 03-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
ATrade in a GT2 for a GT3????

This could be the makings of a great new thread comparing the cars for street use.

Orindaed.....Please start a thread on this. We look forward to it!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:19 AM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orindaed
I have a '02 GT@ with 29,000 miles on it. I leased it used last year. The dealer has never mentioned any previous damage to the vehicle.

I tracked it last week and it felt unsafe to drive at track speeds. It has been to the dealer for various suspension issues...loose front swaybar and two alignments, the last right before the track event.

The steering feels twitchy, and the car bobs and dances over bumps. At speed, the rear end feels loose.

This was the first time that I have tracked this car, it felt very different than my 996 TT. I always thought that the GT2 and GT3 were cousins in regards to track performance.

I consider myself a novice to low intermediate driver, so I let my buddy , an advanced GT3 driver, try it. When I rode in his car at speed, I knew something was wrong. He felt unsafe also. Any comments or knowledge of places in the Bay Area that can diagnose the problem?

Thanks
Good to see that the car was never tracked and didn't have any issues...

Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The orindaed post that SleeperX is quoting is from 14 months ago. So what we have here is a GT2 with 30K plus miles and apparently some serious issues that is going for mid 80's. It is thus NOT evidence that pristine low mileage GT2's are going for far less than 100K (as doom sayers like Oak believe).

Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by garrickl
Well ... there is another 02 GT2 on eBay with 20k miles for $89k buy it now .... so market prices are flattening out and these and our 996tt are all going to feel it going forward. For those who have been waiting to get one ... the opportunities are only going to get better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...em130200870026

"The passenger side of vehicle was repainted do to cosmetic reasons."

Uh oh, not this car again...

Old 03-04-2008, 10:53 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
So there you have it fellas, you pay for what you get!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Actually, the car is in great shape. I took really good care of it. I did not feel like investing $5-6K to make the car handle the way the way I'd like.

I think that somebody will be very happy with the car....after they rework the suspension. Just my opinion, but I'd still rather have a new GT3. Honestly, it's an older car, so it won't feel like a brand new vehicle.

The price seems fair...I could have bought the car from the leasing company for $75K, but I did not want the hassle of reselling it.

Anyway, good luck to whoever buys it. Please drive it first and do your due diligence before plunking your money down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 on Ebay $85K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!