996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 on Ebay $85K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orindaed
Actually, the car is in great shape. I took really good care of it. I did not feel like investing $5-6K to make the car handle the way the way I'd like.

I think that somebody will be very happy with the car....after they rework the suspension. Just my opinion, but I'd still rather have a new GT3. Honestly, it's an older car, so it won't feel like a brand new vehicle.

The price seems fair...I could have bought the car from the leasing company for $75K, but I did not want the hassle of reselling it.

Anyway, good luck to whoever buys it. Please drive it first and do your due diligence before plunking your money down.
$75K.. The price for these cars keeps getting lower and lower.. Ugh!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:53 PM
StrathRoy is infamous around these parts
Gee whiz - they must have had TWO of them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Po...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Actually, the car is in great shape. I took really good care of it. I did not feel like investing $5-6K to make the car handle the way the way I'd like.

I think that somebody will be very happy with the car....after they rework the suspension. Just my opinion, but I'd still rather have a new GT3. Honestly, it's an older car, so it won't feel like a brand new vehicle.

The price seems fair...I could have bought the car from the leasing company for $75K, but I did not want the hassle of reselling it.

Anyway, good luck to whoever buys it. Please drive it first and do your due diligence before plunking your money down.
Well, your in great shape might be different from my definition, but usually the car as a whole, not just exterior details should be working properly if it's in great shape

There was something obviously wrong, if the car felt that unsafe, and IF it couldn't be resolved. I did read that you tried to get it fixed but no help right?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by StrathRoy
Gee whiz - they must have had TWO of them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Po...QQcmdZViewItem

That's one way to look at it... The other way to look at it would be that the dealer rejected the car and sent the car back because it had problems...

Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Car was talked about and indeed wrecked/a pillar/frame damage!
The car you are referring to had a thread about it a while back...right?

If that is the car you are referring to, I think this one is different. That one had standard seats, not sport seats.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Like Jitsu said,

You can buy an Poor Handling GT2 with multiple owner history for south of $100K

Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
The car you are referring to had a thread about it a while back...right?

If that is the car you are referring to, I think this one is different. That one had standard seats, not sport seats.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
Oops that was another.. We had a discussion on that one as well, with the standard beat up 996TT seats hah, then the one I quoted in this thread, by a sponsor of the forum who says the side was repainted due to "cosmetic reasons" ..

Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
orindaed is infamous around these parts
I had a 02 Turbo prior to the GT2. Comparitively, the GT2 felt better in the handling dept, but I did not think that the steering feel would have improved even if I had redone the suspension. That's why I bought a new GT3.

I'm no GT2 expert, I've only driven two...so I'm not sure how they were "supposed" to feel out of the box. I did have two alignments done, new tires etc. I was going to place the Tarret toe links on the rear and then redo the suspension with Motons, but I didn't want to dump more money into this car. The dealership said that this was the way they were set up...who knows. Anyway, it wasn't to my liking after the lease was done.

Oh well, I don't really care...it's gone now.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:06 AM
Shillens is infamous around these parts
I had a 02 Turbo prior to the GT2. Comparitively, the GT2 felt better in the handling dept, but I did not think that the steering feel would have improved even if I had redone the suspension. That's why I bought a new GT3.
The stock US-shipped GT2 suffers from serious suspension issues, and in my humble opinion, regardless of whatever power mods you do, a full suspension mod is the key to unleashing the GT2's potential.

I went with GMG's level 3 suspension kit which includes Moton Club Sport dampers, Eibach springs, rear dog bone, toe steer and thrust arm bushing kits, and of course their corner balance and race alignment. GMG corrects the rear geometry and stability issues that the US-shipped GT2 is infamous for. The stock GT2 always felt unstable and unpredictable to me, but after the suspension mods, it performs much differently, and is now spectacular. It's expensive, but well worth it, especially if you also plan on adding power mods. My GT2 has been a garage queen for years, but I'm finally driving it more often, primarily because of the new suspension.

Last edited by Shillens; 03-05-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:12 AM
930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all
This dealership has three of them for under $100k. The one for high $80k has had three owners probably justifying its lower price. But damn it looks nice!

http://park-place-auto-group.ebizaut...px?iid=2693406

http://park-place-auto-group.ebizaut...px?iid=2717681

http://park-place-auto-group.ebizaut...px?iid=2711771

Last edited by 930chas; 03-05-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by 930chas
This dealership has three of them for under $100k. The one for high $80k has had three owners probably justifying its lower price. But damn it looks nice!

http://park-place-auto-group.ebizaut...px?iid=2693406

http://park-place-auto-group.ebizaut...px?iid=2717681

http://park-place-auto-group.ebizaut...px?iid=2711771
All of these cars (except 1) have a lot of miles on them (+20K) for a rare car IMHO.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
I'd rather see miles on these cars. Someone who drove them on the freeway and etc. is a far better PO than the guy who only went to PCA Club days at the track and magically racked up 5000 miles. PPI stage #1 and #2's + Leakdown will tell you anything you want to know. These cars are good enough to take whatever you given them on the street so long as you're not "halfway in 2nd gear" on and off of full boost, squirreling around. Then it's $7K transmission repair time.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Shillens
The stock US-shipped GT2 suffers from serious suspension issues, and in my humble opinion, regardless of whatever power mods you do, a full suspension mod is the key to unleashing the GT2's potential.

I went with GMG's level 3 suspension kit which includes Moton Club Sport dampers, Eibach springs, rear dog bone, toe steer and thrust arm bushing kits, and of course their corner balance and race alignment. GMG corrects the rear geometry and stability issues that the US-shipped GT2 is infamous for. The stock GT2 always felt unstable and unpredictable to me, but after the suspension mods, it performs much differently, and is now spectacular. It's expensive, but well worth it, especially if you also plan on adding power mods. My GT2 has been a garage queen for years, but I'm finally driving it more often, primarily because of the new suspension.
Full Moton setup transforms this car to handling levels the brain cannot even comprehend, and that was my STREET SETUP. Now it's getting fully done up now, for VIR next weekend, god I can't wait!

BTW I drove an 02 and 03 stock GT2 compared to mine, 03 felt more stable then 02, but the 02 still wasn't that terrible, twitchy but not uneasy on the nerves, maybe cause i'm use to them already!