996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Repetitive solenoid malfunctions and GT3 offer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:38 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Repetitive solenoid malfunctions and GT3 offer

Got same code, solenoid malfunction, as I got last time. They apparently replaced shut off valves (2). Any ideas what the problem could be or a sign of. The service managers ran the code and was faxing it to PCNA to get their input. Just curious as to what this part is, what it does and if any of you techies out there have run across something like this before.

Car runs fine and he said I am not going to hurt anything driving it so all is cool from that standpoint.

BTW, the dealer had a gorgeous red GT3 with sport seat backs painted red, red small piece across the front of the dash and red guages. Car looked great and they are teasing me with a trade for my TT and said they would cut me a great deal. $ 107k MSRP. What do you think. Don't want to give up my trubo, but this thing is gorgeous and I am frusterated with my Trubo right now. Would I be sorry.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:43 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
get the GT3!! GT cars rock!

Old 06-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
You've got a C2 and Pepper for daily driving, so I'd go for the GT3...most fun of any of the Porsches

Old 06-29-2004, 06:06 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by offroadr35
get the GT3!! GT cars rock!
Can't argue with that!!!

If you can live without the space shuttle launch and torque of a modded TT, you will luv a GT3...It is plenty fast and handles the curvies like a dream...

Old 06-29-2004, 06:49 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by teutonictrio
=most fun of any of the Porsches
can't agree with that but i will give you #2

Old 06-29-2004, 10:26 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
hey let me get the nose back from ya if you go that route

Old 06-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Darren
hey let me get the nose back from ya if you go that route
Serious. You are not liking the GT2 nose? Why not?

If I trade, I could ask them. I need to make sure my trade in value does not get hurt, because my old nose has a busted grill, a small indention from someone in a parking lot who could not drive in a straight line and the lip was chewed all to hell.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:41 AM
After thinking about it it further though, I think I would go with a very lightly used GT2 before I would go with a new GT3. Something tells me I would be unhappy without the boost.

I have been looking for a 993 TT to trade my C2 in on because I hate not having boost on that car.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:44 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Doug H
Serious. You are not liking the GT2 nose? Why not?

If I trade, I could ask them. I need to make sure my trade in value does not get hurt, because my old nose has a busted grill, a small indention from someone in a parking lot who could not drive in a straight line and the lip was chewed all to hell.
The Gt2 nose is great looking but I am not planning on keeping this TT to long - bored already

Old 06-29-2004, 08:53 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
A GT2 will be awsome, now that's a trade that's worth doing!

Old 06-29-2004, 09:15 PM
i would drive the car back to them, tell them you are not accepting it back, and you demand a credit of the full price you paid for the car to go towards the purchase of a used GT2. Maybe allow them to rip you off a bit on the GT2 to make everything even.

-Steve

Old 06-29-2004, 09:47 PM
They don't have a GT2, but maybe they get one. I am going to kick this around a little and see where it gets me.