996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Stock Fuel Line / Rail HP Limit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:12 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
If cost is not essential,you should install a bigger pump and bigger injectors and fine tune your software on a dyno...otherwise raise the fuel pressure

This is what I opted for...

MK

Old 03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I know that Kevin (and every tuner) has spent a lot of time working this out. He is doing some huge builds now and has spent a lot of time on fuel... That time is his livelihood. Same for the other high end tuners. Once you get up to this level, it is not inexpensive, simple, or trivial. Or safe. Call him and ask him about boost controllers.. :-) (not something I did, but he has seen some peoople destroy their own engines via this route....let's assume these were very smart guys)

I would ONLY go to this level with a tuner on board. I fully listen to guys like Markski and Woodster on these subjects.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-07-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Yes, absolutely, there are better ways to increase fuel than using a higher pressure FPR. It is just an effective, easy, and cheap way. It is certainly not as good as a larger pump, larger injectors, larger lines & rails, better tuning, or changing to low impedance injectors. I just want to know who has seen injectors fail due to a 5 bar FPR, or is it a theoretical concern as skandalis so eliquently described.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Myth Busted!

OK, I got some manufacturer's data for RC Engineering and Siemens.

All RC injectors (both peak & hold and saturated) have a minimum fuel pressure requirement of 30 psi (2 bar) and maximum of 100psi (6.9 bar).

Siemens Deka 60lb injectors have a listed operating range of 250 kPa (2.5 bar) to 600 kPa (6bar).

OK, now that the myth has been laid to rest and we know that the injectors themselves can operate fine at 5bar of fuel pressure, I am compelled to get on my soap box:
If there is information out there concerning problems with fuel upgrades, why don't you guys post more info (even if it is to say "I don't have any more info than that")? You might prevent someone else from repeating the mistake.
<cue national anthem recording in background>
It reminds me of the 1960s, during the US-Soviet space race. Russia did not share their findings about a 1961 onboard oxygen fire to the US. That info may have saved the lives of the 3 Apollo 1 astronauts tragically lost in an on-ground disaster.
Let's remember we are all members of this race, the 6speed race, the get more power race, the human race. Compete, be fair, be honest, and...and uh, vote. Yes, that's it, vote. Be sure to vote. I'm out.
<fade anthem>

Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris
Great point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!