996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Differences between V-Flow Intakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Differences between V-Flow Intakes

What exactly changed between the old revisions and the new ones?

Are the older ones more prone to blowing MAF's?

What exactly is the waffle design and how does it differ from the regular design.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:29 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
The old deisgn had to waffle filter insert.

From what i've heard, the waffle design gives the air some direction.

I known people who've blown MAFs on both setups.

I have the older design, and have blown 4+ MAFS in 6 months, i have tried to contacts evom about the fix with no luck.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:37 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
I have the Vivid Racing cold air intake for a few months now and never blew a MAF and the car runs great..

Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Please forgive my stupidity, what is MAF? I see it all the time.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
MAF = Mass air flow sensor

Old 03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Thanks!!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
lennyspoolin is infamous around these parts
what are the symtoms of a blown maf?

Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 PM
lennyspoolin is infamous around these parts
i have the v flo from evo also. how can you tell witch is the older one?

Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Old design can be upgraded to new design by simply getting the retro kit and using the waffle out of your stock intake. Blew two MAFs on old design, but been smooth with "upgrade".

Old 03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lennyspoolin
what are the symtoms of a blown maf?
Subtract 400hp.

I am not sure which design I have, but I haven't blown a maf yet (knock on wood)

Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by ari
Old design can be upgraded to new design by simply getting the retro kit and using the waffle out of your stock intake. Blew two MAFs on old design, but been smooth with "upgrade".
And where does one get this retro kit?

Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I called EVO a while ago .. and they sent me the "Venturi" to retrofit the damn thing ...

Although, I ended up taking off the vflow and putting back on my OEM airbox....

To be honest, I really didnt feel any difference ... but maybe that was just me.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dixie
I have the Vivid Racing cold air intake for a few months now and never blew a MAF and the car runs great..
+1...............

Old 03-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
I believe the new design uses a Venturi to help increase flow, and the stock waffle to straighten the flow of air over the MAF. When I installed my V-Flow (the new model) I wasn't aware that I needed to take the waffle off of the stock unit and put it in the V-Flow. Needless to say, after popping 3 MAFs going WOT in a 3-4 month period when the weather got colder, I was ready to put the stock unit back on. But, the guys over at EVOMS contacted me after I complained on 6speedonline about blown MAFs and figured out that I hadn't put the waffle on the V-Flow. I took the waffle off of my stock airbox and installed it on the V-Flow and have not blown my MAF going WOT ever since. This intake rocks!

Last edited by Valley996TT; 03-06-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
How much hp/tq do you think have you gained?

Originally Posted by Valley996TT
I believe the new design uses a Venturi to help increase flow, and the stock waffle to straighten the flow of air over the MAF. When I installed my V-Flow (the new model) I wasn't aware that I needed to take the waffle off of the stock unit and put it in the V-Flow. Needless to say, after popping 3 MAFs going WOT in a 3-4 month period when the weather got colder, I was ready to put the stock unit back on. But, the guys over at EVOMS contacted me after I complained on 6speedonline about blown MAFs and figured out that I hadn't put the waffle on the V-Flow. I took the waffle off of my stock airbox and installed it on the V-Flow and have not blown my MAF whenever I go WOT now. This intake rocks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Differences between V-Flow Intakes