996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need Help. Super Light 18" rim that fits over PCCB's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Need Help. Super Light 18" rim that fits over PCCB's

I'm looking for a really light rim in an 18" size that fits over PCCB's. I've read that Dymags will and will not fit in 18" sizes.

I like that new HRE Monoblok, I would take my in flat black, but they only come in 19" and 20".

Champion has Magnesium rims but they seem to also come in 19" sizes.

If the rim looks dead sexy that would also help, but weight is my primary concern.

Seth

Old 03-06-2008, 10:42 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
HRE Competition weight less than the monobloks and come in 18's....

Old 03-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
For all the quality time I've spent on HRE's site and having two turbos with HRE shoes, I never noticed these.

They have no specs on their site regarding weight? Do you have any info?

Seth.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:56 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
For all the quality time I've spent on HRE's site and having two turbos with HRE shoes, I never noticed these.

They have no specs on their site regarding weight? Do you have any info?

Seth.

Fikse are as light as it gets.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Fikse are as light as it gets.
I'm liking what I see on Fikse's web site. I like the location of the valve stem which would make tire pressure changes easy.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Banned
HREMarc is infamous around these parts
HRE new C90 series wheels are as light and strong as it gets.
We have 4 styles available and you can buy them from Colin where your car is. The lightest of the 4 are the C93's.
We make them in 18" track applications for your car and can clear the pccb no problem. Let me know if you want me to email you pics.

Marc

Old 03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
+1. HRE C21 Cups or BBS E88's.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by HREMarc
HRE new C90 series wheels are as light and strong as it gets.
We have 4 styles available and you can buy them from Colin where your car is. The lightest of the 4 are the C93's.
We make them in 18" track applications for your car and can clear the pccb no problem. Let me know if you want me to email you pics.

Marc
I'm looking on your site (I love HRE wheels, I have 19" 540R's on my turbo right now, and my wife has 890R's (20") with black centers and orange lips).

I've looked and I can't find the C90 series on the site? Please post pictures!

Seth.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned
I saw your orange car last week when I stopped in to see Cantrell. All I can say is WOW. Just my style. I love the cars that are not standard colors.

Here you go.

Attached Images     
Old 03-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned
C21 Cups are really only made for the cup series cars. The C93 wheel is basically the non-cup car application. FYI, it is actually lighter than the cup wheel.

Originally Posted by CarNerd
+1. HRE C21 Cups or BBS E88's.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I saw your orange car last week when I stopped in to see Cantrell. All I can say is WOW. Just my style. I love the cars that are not standard colors.

Here you go.
Thanks!

Ok, I like the C90's and the C97's. What kind of pricing are we talking about and what type of weight are we talking about in 18" fitments.

A competition wheel with some nice looks to it.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
C21 Cups are really only made for the cup series cars. The C93 wheel is basically the non-cup car application. FYI, it is actually lighter than the cup wheel.
Interesting. That's too bad. I love that 12 spoke design on the cups

I also forgot to mention Dymags if your bank account is over flowing with cash!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Interesting.

I also forgot to mention Dymags if your bank account is over flowing with cash!
It would be on Dymags if they fit over PCCB's. Dymags are just different enough to be really interesting! hehehe.... that said, wheels made of alloy would probably make me more comfortable!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
It would be on Dymags if they fit over PCCB's. Dymags are just different enough to be really interesting! hehehe.... that said, wheels made of alloy would probably make me more comfortable!
Unless you are very serious about weight, and arent concerned with having to replace a wheel, stick with the HRE. Easy to get fixed, US based manufacturing unlike Dymag, and doesnt take 2 months to get a wheel fixed or replaced.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
It's very rare that a 18" wheel wouldn't clear the 6-pot PCCB's so no need to limit your search. (Though I had a set of 3-piece TechArt Daytonas that didn't clear the GT2 6-pots...Oh well. )

I would go for anything race proven: BBS, OZ, Cargraphic etc...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Help. Super Light 18" rim that fits over PCCB's