996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bosch 044 Pump Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Bosch 044 Pump Help!!

What size fittings does this thing need to work with the stock lines running as a inline pump (not in the tank).

I've been all over ****ing town this morning and can't find ****. I'm tempted to just use a T-Rex pump from my old Camaro that I have sitting around an call it a day.

DAMN YOU METRIC FITTINGS!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:04 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
OK Powell thats it. I want you to put all the stock stuff back on and then go to your room. Also you can not drive the car for 4 weeks. YOUR GROUNDED.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
What size fittings does this thing need to work with the stock lines running as a inline pump (not in the tank).

I've been all over ****ing town this morning and can't find ****. I'm tempted to just use a T-Rex pump from my old Camaro that I have sitting around an call it a day.

DAMN YOU METRIC FITTINGS!!!
I will tell you like I told a few- don't screw around with the fuel system.... you will mess it up and blow your car up... I have been around this stuff for a while now( especially on my car) and the fuel system is not to be taken lightly.
So will you run a single pump, dual?, series or parallel. when do u upgrade fuel lines or fuel rail? or both? which injectors? which FPR? 5 bar or a regulated one... etc... what psi will you run? its different for different set ups... etc...

Like I said before to a few and I will say it again- when it comes to the fuel system, maf, and tuning, I would rather pay a premium and get what is proven rather then experiment.

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-08-2008, 02:13 PM
FL TT is infamous around these parts
subscribed

Old 03-08-2008, 02:19 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I will tell you like I told a few- don't screw around with the fuel system.... you will mess it up and blow your car up... I have been around this stuff for a while now( especially on my car) and the fuel system is not to be taken lightly.
So will you run a single pump, dual?, series or parallel. when do u upgrade fuel lines or fuel rail? or both? which injectors? which FPR? 5 bar or a regulated one... etc... what psi will you run? its different for different set ups... etc...

Like I said before to a few and I will say it again- when it comes to the fuel system, maf, and tuning, I would rather pay a premium and get what is proven rather then experiment.

markski

Listen to the man....... I don't mess with my fuel system in my Porsche and i've been building race engines for 25 years....

Old 03-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DERBOOST
Listen to the man....... I don't mess with my fuel system in my Porsche and i've been building race engines for 25 years....
LOL

I changed my injectors 2 times.. the o rings, cylinder seals, ran new wires for dual pumps including relays.... the really make it right you have to know what your doing... and for that I would leave it up to the tuner I will use for the tuning....
Just my opinion,
mark

click to view

Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Well I found out as soon as I opened up my fitting drawer that they are actually -an fittings. It is a -8 on one side and a -6an on the other. Which would have made it easier today when I was at my supplier for fittings and stuff. I was thinking the whole time that it was metric.

What I am doing for my fuel system is simple. I have decided to use the stock fuel lines for temporary and dial down the boost. I am going to be using a Bosch 044 pump in line with the stock 996 Turbo pump in the tank. For injectors I am using Siemens 60lb Injectors with a spacer for the fuel rails. I will be using a stock regulator (3.8bar) to control the fuel pressure.

Later I am going to run -6an lines all the way to the front and a return line also.

Honestly a lot of this seems to be common sense. I am sorry but I'm not going to overpay for a fuel system when I've helped build ones for cars that make 2000+hp. Fuel is Fuel. Pressure is pressure, and if it seems like its going to be lean, then I will change the FPR, but I know the injectors I have are good for plenty of HP.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but we will see how my car turns out. I go back to my past when people told me a bunch of "dumb" kids couldn't build a race car in their garage and then turn around go faster than 99% of the other n2o LS1 cars in America at the time for half the money anyone had in their car.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:41 PM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
subscribed

Old 03-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Powell

Maybe I'm just stupid, but we will see how my car turns out. I go back to my past when people told me a bunch of "dumb" kids couldn't build a race car in their garage and then turn around go faster than 99% of the other n2o LS1 cars in America at the time for half the money anyone had in their car.
LOL
no your not stupid.. just that when you asked a basic question it scared me...
You see, only a handful of guys actually know what the sizes are and maybe only a couple of them actually did it on there own LOL
some advice, ask who ever will flash ur ecu what FPR he wants u to use...
more advice, before u actually get on the car.... make sure u run a gauge on the pressure line to make sure everything is OK.... not only at the pumps but also at the rails.... Todd found out the hard way and was shocked that my car was not where it should have been initially.... just a thought I wanted you to know....

another important thing: when u change the injectors wiht the new O rings.... then u screw on the fuel rail.... pressure test each individual cylinder head to make sure ur injectors are not leaking... mine did all because of the placement of the fuel rail... so a .02 cent spacer saved the day.... however, if you dont pressure test right there and then..... then u will find out later when ur pressure testing at the turbos that u have a leak.... and that could have been prevented during the job..
good luck,
markski

click to view

Old 03-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you Mark. I will be doing that to test. I am with you. I do not want to pull this thing BACK apart LOL! So I'm going to do it all right the first try.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
Published specs are not -an fittings but rather metric at the inlet M18 x 1.5 and at the outlet M12 x 1.5.

Bosch 0 580 254 044 Inline Fuel Pump

Bosch 044 fuel pumps mount inline (out side of your gas tank), most commonly rear center under your car or truck. Each Bosch 044 inline fuel pump provides 300LPH of flow and operate at 72.5 PSI. Bosch 044 fuel pumps are comparable to the Walbro 255LPH high pressure inline fuel pumps which can both support vehicles for up to 600-700 horse power. Can be used in sequence with an intank Walbro or Bosch 040 fuel pump.
Bosch 044 Fuel Pump Specs:
Bosch Part Number: 0 580 254 044
Minimum Current: 12 Volts
Operating Pressure: 72.5 PSI (5 Bar)
Minimum Flow @ Outlet: 80 GPH (300 LPH)
Fuel Pump Location: In-Line
High Temperature Reduction: 8 GPH (30 LPH) Weight: 1030 Grams (2.27 Pounds)
Fuel Pump Connections:
Inlet: M18 x 1.5
Outlet: M12 x 1.5
Electrical: Positive M6 / Negative M5

Old 03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Didnt Bobby make 823 rwhp using 60 inj with two 044 in series?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by robmd99
Didnt Bobby make 823 rwhp using 60 inj with two 044 in series?
Bobby from Tulsa? I doubt it. I recall Todd telling me that the in series set up will handle anything like that over mid 700s...

click to view

Old 03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
I took the fitting that came with the pump and TIG welded it to the stock Porsche fitting. Works great. I am not sure y ou will be able to find an adapter.

The fuel system is really not that complex as to what people say it is. Quite simple if you have been wrenching on cars and have experience.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM
What size are the lines on the 996 Turbo so I can figure out what I need to get an adapter to size it down to. My pump had no fitting when I got it, so everything has to be ordered for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bosch 044 Pump Help!!