996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Stage IV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Ken C is infamous around these parts
Imagine Auto Stage IV

Hi All,

New to the forum. I'm about to join your ranks by purchasing my first 996 turbo, but I am looking for a little a feedback. I've been looking for a 2004 996 Turbo since last fall and am now to the point I can move. I've found the car with the color and options I want and less than 8000 miles. However the previous owner had installed Imagine Auto's 600hp kit. I really wasn't looking for this mod, but the car is what I want otherwise. The seller has also said he will drop the price in line with best prices I've seen for other non-mod'd cars with similar factory options.

I couldn't find any negative feedback on the Imagine Auto mod, and Stephen Kaspar responded to an email I sent him and told me the mod is very transparent and actually improves the driveability compared to stock.

I'd love to get as much feedback as I can. I had debated a long time about going with a 997 S or a late model 996 Turbo and decided on the 996 Turbo. I like the interior of the 997 better, but I'd prefer a bit higher performance. The 600hp will likely give me all I bargained for and then some.

Many thanks,

Ken
Michigan

Old 03-08-2008, 03:42 PM
FL TT is infamous around these parts
it seems you answered your own question.

welcome to the team!

Old 03-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Stephen is very well regarded. You will eventually want the power of the stage 4 (and probably more) so just keep your foot out of it for a while.

Only warning about Stephen, he has been rolling around on the ground w/ sweaty men as of late.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Can't go wrong with Stephen or Imagine Auto. They run a great shop and are good to deal with.

I have an IA Stage 4 kit on my car right now and it is an awesome kit. The car drives like it was stock in every way, but it has a hell of a lot more power. At 600 HP, you won't hurt the engine on stock internals.

I liked the Stage 4 kit so much, I decided to upgrade to the 650 kit for even more power. It should be installed next week!

I would get a PPI done on the car just to be safe, but don't be worried about the Stage 4 kit tthat is installed...you will love it!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
all u need is exhaust, dvs, filter, k16/24 turbos, skip the V flow intake and headers- waste of money... unless you have an extra $2K. go for it and enjoy.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
You will love it, stage 4, zero issues, drives like stock until you put your foot in it.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:51 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Take it from one who entered the pcar world last year with a 05 997 C2S and after 400 miles and a drive in my buddy's 997tt(which is in Stephen's hands as we speak getting more pwr, susp, brembos), needless to say the boost got me and I quickly sold the above car and bought a 996 tts cab and a 996tt coupe. If the car checks out on a ppi you are golden imo. Enjoy and welcome to the 6.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:01 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu

Only warning about Stephen, he has been rolling around on the ground w/ sweaty men as of late.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea it is called Jiu Jitsu. I do believe you have rolled many years with sweaty men! AWWW the cat is out of the bag. LMAO.

Ken,

Welcome to the board and if you have additional questions just drop me a call or email.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
[quote=PorschePhd;1723228]
Just so no one gets the wrong idea it is called Jiu Jitsu. I do believe you have rolled many years with sweaty men! AWWW the cat is out of the bag. LMAO. 9end quote).

True, but I was only rarely sexually aroused.

Going to Vegas this week, will see my old student Jay (actually Jay is 29...I am old).

He is still teaching for Randy. You should have him come out to your school for a seminar. He won a fairly big fight not to long ago.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Flyfisher is infamous around these parts
Hi All,

Ken C here. For some reason, I got locked out and couldn't post again. Not sure who I offended. I sent a few emails yesterday to the webmeister, but got no reply, so I re-registered with a new tag.

I wanted to jump in and thank you for all your input. I didn't realize Stephen trolled these boards as well (I hope his being here didn't sway your responses). After doing more reading here and elsewhere, I haven't read a single bad thing about the Stage IV mod and am now quite pleased the car already has it installed.

I had a buddy in Chicago drive over to check out the car yesterday afternoon and gave me the thumbs up on the exterior and interior condition. We are going to try and get the car to a Porsche Dealership in or around Chicago tomorrow for a PPI. If that checks out, maybe I'll belong to the 'club' next week. This will be my first Porsche, and am looking forward to owning a TT. Now I need to figure out what to do with the Series IV Alfa Spider Veloce and Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe.

Ken C

Old 03-10-2008, 12:39 AM
wstsdphisg is infamous around these parts
Get it without reservation, it will keep you smiling for the next year at least!

Old 03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Flyfisher is infamous around these parts
Did it!

Got a call from the Porsche dealership re the ppi. Good news. All paint is original, no signs of accidents, transmission, and other mechanicals are sound. The type 1 revs came out at 17,000, which the dealership said is probably a little below what they expected to see. The Type 2 revs were 269. He said generally we would like to see this number lower, but being at 269 and not higher, we have no real cause for concern as the tranny and engine seem to be in great shape. I asked if he would buy the car, and he said, "Most definately!" So I am moving forward with the purchase.

2004 Cab Turbo in Seal Gray w/black interior and top
6 speed manual
6,200 miles
Nav and enough aluminum and carbon fiber to get original MSRP to $140k
HRE polished wheels
IA Stage IV w/short shifter

I will likely pick it up early next week! Thanks for all your input! Oh, and Stephen, the dealer said the car was very driveable!

Ken