996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ecliptech shift light install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:01 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Ecliptech shift light install

I just installed the Ecliptech shift light on the steering column. This is a nice product for anyone interested.

As a result, I had to relocate my V1 remote and opted to mount it in the center console...here is a picture of the relocated V1 remote...

Old 03-09-2008, 05:43 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work! How do those shift lights work? Do they light up gradually as you approach redline or come on all at once.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:46 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
nice John,

here is my current set up...

Old 03-09-2008, 07:16 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Looks good John!

I picked up Micheal's car today, we will be ready to go.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:57 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Torres, they are fully adjustable in a sequential nature. You set the number of RPM's you desire the lights to be apart, such as one light every 100 RPM's or every 200 RPM's, etc. and you set the beginning RPM that you want to begin the sequence. The first 4 lights are green, then 2 yellow and the last one is red.

Tom, I see you have your new package installed (the Greddy is the telltale sign)...how do you like it? Great trackday display...

Tony, I'm looking forward to it...and to meeting you, too.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:16 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
that EcliptechSL is very nice... where'd u pick that up? also where did u get those white gauges from?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
DYL, I ordered it directly from the company. Here is the link, if you are interested. http://www.ecliptech.com.au/main_win_sep06.html

I have tried a few shift lights and they all worked well, but the appearance was not exactly what I was looking for...this design blends in nicely with the interior and I am very pleased with the final result in terms of appearance and function.

The gauges are OEM.

Last edited by John D; 03-09-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Pretty cool man. Does the curve of the shift light housing match the TT that well? or did you do custom stuff?

Also, how do you like the V1? Or Valentine in general? I know you do your home work so give us us synopsys please.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:37 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I did this mod a few months ago but I installed the unit heads up on the dash. I was thinking of placing the unit in the same location but it seemed abit low for my site line.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:59 PM
ari,

The curve you see is how it is made. It's a very good match for our interiors.

The V1 is great...it gives you early warning, direction of incoming radar, number of sources and type of radar used. The remote feature is nice, too...the car does not light up red at night and with one push on the left button, the sound is attenuated to a predetermined level, which you select via a **** on the main unit. Works really well. I would buy it again for sure.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 PM
benguss is infamous around these parts
I just installed on mine,,,luv it... mine is 4 green 2 amber and 1 red starts at 4000 rpms to 7000 rpm. This set up allows normal driving no lights , Its one of the best tools on the track,

Old 03-10-2008, 05:42 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Shift light

John, your interior looks fantastic!...clean, functional yet tasteful.
I really appreciate the white gauges and carbon fiber touches.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Bought One!

I clicked the link and was pleasantly surprised on the pricing.
I needed a shift light anyway...I have one coming now.
Thanks John & Tom for the pics.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:00 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silvershark
I clicked the link and was pleasantly surprised on the pricing.
I needed a shift light anyway...I have one coming now.
Thanks John & Tom for the pics.
Hope yours turns out well!

John on my way to VIR this weekend. I am running in the Red run group with alot of high hp cars and Cup cars, we will see!!
Hope nothing blows!!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
John,
Way Cool ..I want one !
Elliot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ecliptech shift light install