996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Those with the 3.8 L kit..Was it worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Hey Kaspar those 72lb injectors are looking real good right now... LOL

S

Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craig
Sounds good Rob. Are those RWHP numbers or at the crank? Can you post the dyno sheets?

RWHP... Todd has the dyno sheets I will have him send them to me

Todd will not hand out your dyno sheets to third parties. Moreover, why should we write to Todd for YOUR dyno sheets? Why don't you post them yourself, so that we all can share in your tremendous success?

It is more of an achievement for Protomotive and Akram than mine. I just wanted a fast car that is safe and reliable.. email me you address and I will send them to you and you can post them?

Now I am confused (it happens easily). If your car is being dynoed in Houston, aren't your dyno sheets also in Houston? Post them.

Official Dynos was done at Protomotive. Unofficial here in H town

Are you shooting for "4 digits" at the rear wheels or at the crank?

Hoping to get four digits to the rear wheels but I need larger pumps now. I have the largest injectors I think 880cc or so??? Need to ask Todd.

When will you be doing some performance runs (e.g., 1/4 mile and/or 60-130)?
Honestly, I am a little nervous about doing extreme numbers in fear of breaking axles like Marek has done I think four times?? They will come but I need to become comfortable with the power. I hope you understand. I do have some races scheduled. Corvette SC, Supra 900 and a EVOMS GT800 I will video all of the actions.

Thanks, and congratulations on completing your project. It has been a long time coming.

Regards,

Craig
Your Welcome
Robert

Old 03-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Here are the dyno graphs from Rob. I am seriously impressed by the numbers!!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
ok so rob at 15 psi by the text on this graph put down 810 flywheel engine crank horsepower which is more like 700rwhp to the wheels. In this graph it never states 19 psi nor does it state wheel horsepower. Rob go to a mustang dyno in town and let me know what awhp you put down Im super curious to the limits of the fuel system. It can be alot different with wheels on the car a Diff TC factor. So your best bet is to hit up a dynojet/mustang in your area and put wheels and tires on the dyno not just hubs.

S

Last edited by Highhats; 03-12-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said, I dont have all the dynos and I can only tell you what Todd at Protomotive wrote to me. It is not a secret only the truth... The limits of my car with good AFR is around 850 whp. I hope to have new pumps on for the Nats for bigger numbers??? I will probably not post those numbers either but I am certain people will have a video or what ever? I am just happy that the car is running great and if I ever offended anyone in the past, truly that is not my nature. Look at my site, I never post anything about my car, ie Proto 3.8 850 or what ever.... I only have a foto of my car and the purpose is to have fun with it!

Cheers to all
Robert

Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 PM
so 850rwhp with the 044's and what size injectors?

S

Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I think they are the 880 cc or larger, They are the same size as Scott's.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:34 PM
60lbs flow 725cc with a 4 bar. 72lbs flow 870cc at 4 bar? I thought your tune used 60lb injectors? Let me know what Todd says because I have 72lb injectors ready to drop in.

Suman

Old 03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
yes, they must be the 72lbs? I just remember him saying back in december that when i dynoed it for the second time, i needed larger injectors. He recommended that i use scotts so i purchased some from him. Now my problem is fuel pumps. I cant get above 19 psi!!!!!! I built the motor for 30 psi and I am not even close!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Rob,

I think I may mave misunderstand your prior response to my question regarding whether the numbers you posted were rear wheel numbers or fly-wheel numbers. When you responded that the numbers are "RWHP" (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&postcount=32), I understood that to mean rear wheel horse power (hence the acronym "RWHP"). However, the posted dynos expressly state that they are setting forth "flywheel horsepower" (still very impressive numbers). I personally would be interested in seeing the actual rear wheel figures, as opposed to some converted numbers based on someone's guesstimate as to drivetrain loss. Are you able to post RWHP dyno graphs?

I am informed that Scott is making around 850 rwhp with his new GT35 turbos (congrats Scott on some very impressive numbers). You are shooting for over 1000 rwhp with your GT35s. As I understand it, the only significant difference between your two cars is your additional .2 of displacement. I have also read that the additional displacement is good for an additional 40 hp, give or take. How then will you be extracting the additional 120+ rwhp over Scott's car? I understand that you will be adding additional fuel. Is that all that is preventing Scott's car from making 950+ rwhp?

You wrote that you are reluctant to post dyno results (and may not post subsequent dyno results). Yet, you volunteered the numbers in an earlier post (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...26&postcount=8). You should proudly post your dyno numbers, along wth the supporting graphs, so that everyone can share in the results of your exhaustive efforts over the past year.

You wrote that you are reluctant to push your car hard for fear you might break something. With all due respect, why build such a car if you are not going to drive it hard? Moreover running a 60-130 time does not involve the intense pressure of a 1/4 run.

Regards,

Craig

Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Rob,

I think I may mave misunderstand your prior response to my question regarding whether the numbers you posted were rear wheel numbers or fly-wheel numbers. When you responded that the numbers are "RWHP" (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&postcount=32), I understood that to mean rear wheel horse power (hence the acronym "RWHP"). However, the posted dynos expressly state that they are setting forth "flywheel horsepower" (still very impressive numbers). I personally would be interested in seeing the actual rear wheel figures, as opposed to some converted numbers based on someone's guesstimate as to drivetrain loss. Are you able to post RWHP dyno graphs?

I am informed that Scott is making around 850 rwhp with his new GT35 turbos (congrats Scott on some very impressive numbers). You are shooting for over 1000 rwhp with your GT35s. As I understand it, the only significant difference between your two cars is your additional .2 of displacement. I have also read that the additional displacement is good for an additional 40 hp, give or take. How then will you be extracting the additional 120+ rwhp over Scott's car? I understand that you will be adding additional fuel. Is that all that is preventing Scott's car from making 950+ rwhp?

You wrote that you are reluctant to post dyno results (and may not post subsequent dyno results). Yet, you volunteered the numbers in an earlier post (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...26&postcount=8). You should proudly post your dyno numbers, along wth the supporting graphs, so that everyone can share in the results of your exhaustive efforts over the past year.

You wrote that you are reluctant to push your car hard for fear you might break something. With all due respect, why build such a car if you are not going to drive it hard? Moreover running a 60-130 time does not involve the intense pressure of a 1/4 run.

Regards,

Craig
craig

scott was making 840rwhp on his gt3Os. with the gt35rs his should be making 950rwhp

jag

Old 03-12-2008, 03:06 PM
sopmethings iffy man! All these dynos I see form proto I think ahve been Flywheel numbers. Cause Jamie made 715 on protos dyno yet last year in TX he made 630rwhp. thats a 13 per4cent differnece which would account for a rwhp flywheel hp change. That says to me that the numbers that were projected on scotts 1.43 bar was really 830 flywheel HP. Does anyone else see this? Scott or Markski or Bobby etc. Have you guys been on a dynojet or a mustang yet. I really would like to compare. If this is right and all these old numbers were flywheel then that explains how scott now makes 850rwhp which would be a graph of 960 on the dynapack flywheel meter. Sounds about right

Suman

Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Jamies car put down 661rwhp @ supranats last year.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Guys you are in another league!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
craig

scott was making 840rwhp on his gt3Os. with the gt35rs his should be making 950rwhp

jag
What "is" and what "should be" are often remarkably divergent. I have no personal knopwledge of what "is" in this particular case and, for unknown reasons, Scott has elected not to post his recent dyno numbers (I have not seen the post if it was made). However, I have heard through the proverbail grapevine that Scott's new set-up, with GT35s, did not make significant additional power over his prior GT30 set-up, and the final dyno number was in the neighborhood of 850 rwhp. Again, this is merely anecdotal triple hearsay and I could be wayyyy off.

I personally am not aware of ANY 996TT making 950 rwhp. That does not mean it hasn't occurred, or will not occur, or is not possible. Rather, I am simply not aware of it. 950 rwhp would be a challenge for these motors for several reasons, not the least of which is the composition of the heads, undersized head studs, and resulting propensity for the heads to lift. I suspect these obstacles, and others, can be overcome with the proper engineering, but it is not as simple as strapping on some big turbos and cranking up the boost.

Regards,

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Those with the 3.8 L kit..Was it worth it?