996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1 month into my turbo ownership.. my experience. the good and the bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:12 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
thanks pete (i think thats your name)
ill trade you a ride in my porsche for your 335

Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
People are just hatin' because 90% of the time they can't have it. I'm glad to hear that your having such a nice time with your Turbo. I never understood what people raved about Porsches' for until my bro got his and I got to drive it every so often. Put a smile on my face everytime I even thought about driving it. Enjoy and remember to enjoy what you have and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:31 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
i agree with most of that, being from jersey i know what you mean>>>

Originally Posted by Highhats
I second that!
ditto

Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
haha.. Yea.. Don't worry.. when I was 21 driving the new M3 in 01 around words always chattered around and it gets annoying... The little civics always wanted to race me.... The haters always called me a spoiled kid.... Little did they know...Even with the TT I get a few looks here and there, but majority is the envy on their faces that I have a TT. Everyone will try to hate... So... Dnt worry about it and keep that smile on your face.. At least track it here to make that smile bigger and put the turbo to good use!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 PM
black430 is infamous around these parts
can we see pics of your car? only seen those sold pics from a while ago!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Can we see pictures of the gum?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
i havent taken a single pic of my car..
someone posted this, they took a pic of it during a get together...
ill take some pics this weekend..

Old 03-13-2008, 10:46 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
1) They don't live your life or pay your bills.
2) The car has already taught you some lessons
3) Don't define the ownership experience based on the opinions of others . It's what you think which matters because it's your car .
4) You don't have to justify, argue, explain, defend (JADE) whether or not you worked for it or not .
5) Learn how to avoid taking the bait , or allowing it to cause hurt feelings within you .
6)The nosey questions asked by those who attempt to judge do not even deserve a reply . If they ask "how much" --say "alot" . An indirect answer is sometimes enough . If they press harder , tell them flat out that you do not wish to discuss it , And nothing more .
7) If they claim that their car is faster or better . Tell them that you are glad for them, wish them the best with their car .
8)If they tell you your car is "painted" , "damaged" etc ... Tell them that you hope to make the best of such an awful machine and praise THEIR car .

As for pondering the many "why" questions . Don't bother . It is not worth your time . Make this car about YOU and your happiness .

Good luck --from a 7 time Porsche owner who was once a young man too.

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-13-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:56 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
congrats on the turbo steve!
thats because ur such a nice guy martin! very humble and level headed.
Thanks buddy, likewise

I'm up right now with my nerves RATTLING, today was a stressful/tiring day driving to Virginia trailering my GT2 for this 3 day event at VIR, took 12 hours because of some unfortunate happenings lol (not with my car, but towing wise)

Old 03-14-2008, 07:43 AM
ramone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
1) They don't live your life or pay your bills.
2) The car has already taught you some lessons
3) Don't define the ownership experience based on the opinions of others . It's what you think which matters because it's your car .
4) You don't have to justify, argue, explain, defend (JADE) whether or not you worked for it or not .
5) Learn how to avoid taking the bait , or allowing it to cause hurt feelings within you .
6)The nosey questions asked by those who attempt to judge do not even deserve a reply . If they ask "how much" --say "alot" . An indirect answer is sometimes enough . If they press harder , tell them flat out that you do not wish to discuss it , And nothing more .
7) If they claim that their car is faster or better . Tell them that you are glad for them, wish them the best with their car .
8)If they tell you your car is "painted" , "damaged" etc ... Tell them that you hope to make the best of such an awful machine and praise THEIR car .

As for pondering the many "why" questions . Don't bother . It is not worth your time . Make this car about YOU and your happiness .

Good luck --from a 7 time Porsche owner who was once a young man too.
Great Advice! Thanks Bud

Old 03-14-2008, 11:27 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
thanks pete (i think thats your name)
ill trade you a ride in my porsche for your 335
its Greg, petes my dads name, LOL

ill def take that trade!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:46 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I lived in New York for a year and a half and IMO, it is the rat hole of America. Thought I died and went to heaven when I moved to California for 14 years. Now I'm temporarily back on the east coast, and it can't compare to the west coast in so many ways. I'll be moving back west once my family obligation is finished here. Funny thing to me is that New Yorkers think it's a great place. I guess if you like to live like lab rats stacked up in cages it's OK, but it's not for me. Move out of there and you will be surprised at how many nice people there are in the world. Good luck and enjoy your turbo in good health.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:41 PM
wjfk32 is infamous around these parts
Greetings:
I am new to this board and I have following the threads for approx. 6 months. Whatever you do, don't become jaded like I once was. I have a 82sc-targa and did some good mods back in 1994. I got my hands on 930 engine and rebuilt it from top to bottom. Parts inclued sc-cams, 27s-11, BB-exhaust, HKS-fuel enrchiment sys., magnecore wires, 1.1 springs, rebuild-5 speed trans. no g/50 it goes on and on. I installed this bad boy and loved every bit of it. It was a sleeper. Weighing approx 2800+= to low 2900.
There was never a day i could just enjoy the car and drive 55-65mph..There is always some clown to urge you on or just **** u off. Even HWPYPD used to pull me over for nothing. Coming out of club and someone spitting on your car. The best part of it all, is catching someone in the act, and taking care of business then.................At the time I was 26, now I am 40. I stopped driving the P for 8 Years. Just a garage queen and covered I remember just starting that bad boy, the neighbors would come to my driveway...First thing out of their mouths "Why do you need a car like this?" "You are not allowed to drive that fast." blah--blah....
My adivse to you is to enjoy the car and f those mutts who have nothing nice to say....
Beaware of the mod-bug.....its very dangerous and addictive....
This year i will get my P back on the road and feel that rrrruuuussshhhhhh!!!!
Never give up a good thing...

Walt

Old 03-14-2008, 01:52 PM
walt
PLEASEEEEEEE let me see your car
i love SC targa's
why dont you come out on the run this weekend (if weather permits)

Old 03-14-2008, 02:01 PM
wjfk32 is infamous around these parts
Greetings:
The needs to be prepped......gotta bring it in to my mechanic.. Gotta check lines, boost hoses/leaks...gotta get a new battery..etc....
Thanks for the invite....It will on the road real soon...My mech. has to open a bay for me...so we can work on it together and not killed with a bill....Gotta luv those porsche bills.....

W.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 month into my turbo ownership.. my experience. the good and the bad