996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bogus 900 RWHP dyno graph?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:07 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Craig,

Is that more or less power than your "GT950" car had ??

Old 03-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Craig,

Is that more or less power than your "GT950" car had ??
Marty, Marty, Marty . . . nice try, but your latest transparent attempt to denigrate me fails yet again.

First, the "GT950" tag that remains below my avatar has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

Second, I acknowledged LONG ago that the "GT950" tag was ill-conceived and I have asked the Mods of this site countless times to remove the tag, but to no avail. Ask Sharky, Darren, or your buddy Scott. I asked each of them long ago to remove the "GT950" tag, but they are unable to do so. Rather, only the enigmatic Shank can remove such tags and he declined to respond to my multiple requests to have the tag removed.

Third, depending on the appropriate drivetrain loss figure to be used (recall that my car was a Tip), my car ultimately made horsepower and torque in the range of, or above, 900 at the fly wheel (the torque was very close to 950 at the flywheel), so the ill-conceived "GT950" tag was not far off. Nevertheless, I would prefer to have it removed. If you can accomplish this for me, I would be grateful.

Regards,

Craig

Old 03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Hey Craig what are you driving these days? You comin back to Porsche soon or what?

S

Old 03-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Craig. After all the lead up to your car build, why did it quietly dissapear? You sold it, correct? What went wrong?

Old 03-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Hey Craig what are you driving these days? You comin back to Porsche soon or what?
I am driving a M6 (and loving it).

Originally Posted by Zippy
Craig. After all the lead up to your car build, why did it quietly dissapear? You sold it, correct? What went wrong?
Yes, I sold the Porsche. There were many reasons for my decision. Ultimately, the process of building and maintaining the car, and everything associated with that, took a pound of flesh from me and taxed my patience, sanity, serenity and quality of life to such a degree that I simply had to eliminate the proverbial monkey on my back. In the end, I lost the will and desire to continue. I was no longer deriving the same enjoyment from the car that I once had and I was no longer willing to make the necessary commitment. Those who have substantially modified their cars will know what I am talking about. This was the first car that I ever substantially modified and I did not know what to expect. In retrospect, I went too far and, in so doing, I undermined the enjoyment that I once derived from the car. In retrospect, I should have stopped the modding process many moons ago and been happy with a mid-power car that was a blast to own and drive. However, my OCD got the best of me and I went farther than I should have. It was a difficult decision to sell the car but, six months later, I do not regret it one bit. Yes, my M6 is a far cry from my Porsche is so many ways. On the other hand, my M6 is easy/mindless and, for now, easy/mindless is good!

Regards,

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 03-14-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Are you planning on coming back to Porsche with a more managible level of tune? If so, will it be a 996 or 997. What system would you be looking at to meet your new sense of self awareness?

Old 03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Marty, Marty, Marty . . . nice try, but your latest transparent attempt to denigrate me fails yet again

^^^^ I always loved your eloquent writing^^^^^ Perjorative is what I am

Craig,

You ought to fly to Houston, some really fast cars will be there!

MK

Old 03-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Zippy
Are you planning on coming back to Porsche with a more managible level of tune? If so, will it be a 996 or 997. What system would you be looking at to meet your new sense of self awareness?
While I still love and admire Porsches, I currently have no plans to purchase another one (at least not this week). If I do get another Porsche, I would likely go with a 997TT and I would likely purchase one of the tried and tested 700 HP kits (from Protomotive, EVOMS or UMW). IMHO, 700 HP (+/-) is the optimum balance for a TT. If I was crazy enough to try another high HP build, I would likely switch platforms and buy a Ford GT (or maybe a Viper). However, I have years of therapy to complete before I can consider such a project and, by then, gas powered high HP cars may be a thing of the past.

Regards,

Craig

Old 03-14-2008, 12:31 PM
TT Ford GT, or Viper makes complete sense if someone
really wants to scare the hell out of themselves!!

MK

Old 03-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Marty, Marty, Marty . . . nice try, but your latest transparent attempt to denigrate me fails yet again

^^^^ I always loved your eloquent writing^^^^^ Perjorative is what I am
I intentionally used "denigrate" in place of a "perjorative" reference, so as to circumvent your predictable response. Gotta mix it up. Thank you for the compliment about my writing.

Craig,

You ought to fly to Houston, some really fast cars will be there!

MK
I would LOVE to Marty, if for no other reason than to hang out with you, Todd, Joe (hopefully), and the rest of the gang. Unfortunately, I am committed to a family ski trip that weekend. Have a great time and be safe (both in Houston and Mexico)!!!

Regards,

Craig

Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 PM
TT Ford GT, or Viper makes complete sense if someone really wants to scare the hell out of themselves!!

MK
Like I said, I need a lot more therapy before I can contemplate such a project and the corresponding "scare" factor. For now, I am content with my boring M6.

Craig

Old 03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Craig,

Crap, now I have to go look up another work...LOL.

At some point I am sure we will meet up, and as always is the case, it is alot
more fun in person.

MK

Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
So.....the graph is a legit 900rwhp?!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
So.....the graph is a legit 900rwhp?!

it always was and is....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
it always was and is....
Now the $100,000 question: whose car? I was told it is Bobby's 993TT. Is that true? Very impressive!

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bogus 900 RWHP dyno graph?