996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A few Quick Q's before I go about Installing PSS9's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
A few Quick Q's before I go about Installing PSS9's

If I don't get a rear sway (and associated drop links), can I get an effective corner balance?

Once I have the coilovers installed, should I drive it a few days so I can settle on a ride height before getting it aligned? (I'd like to be 25.5 (ground to fender as shown in this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...corner+balance) but don't know if I'll have clearance issues in town). There are some posts suggesting to wait a few weeks before an alignment and corner balance to ensure the springs have settled. Is that true and will it be a 'do-over' if I get it aligned (and corner balanced) now?

If I put a rear sway on at a later date, will I have to get the car re-aligned (and re-corner balanced assuming I need to do that now)?

I've got two sets of wheels. I'm assuming that I should have the alignment done with my wider set. Is that right?

How much fuel should the car have for the corner balance?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM
triple_nickel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Superfly
If I don't get a rear sway (and associated drop links), can I get an effective corner balance?

Once I have the coilovers installed, should I drive it a few days so I can settle on a ride height before getting it aligned? (I'd like to be 25.5 (ground to fender as shown in this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...corner+balance) but don't know if I'll have clearance issues in town). There are some posts suggesting to wait a few weeks before an alignment and corner balance to ensure the springs have settled. Is that true and will it be a 'do-over' if I get it aligned (and corner balanced) now?

If I put a rear sway on at a later date, will I have to get the car re-aligned (and re-corner balanced assuming I need to do that now)?

I've got two sets of wheels. I'm assuming that I should have the alignment done with my wider set. Is that right?

How much fuel should the car have for the corner balance?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Rear sway does not affect alignment. The rear sway also does not affect corner balance as long as it is unloaded as the car sits and assuming the weight of the bar is close to what the orignial bar weighed.

You should corner balance the car as it is configured to run on the track (i.e. track tires set at the right pressure, full race gear). As for the amount of fuel, depends, some set it up so that it is optimal with a lighter fuel load, some go the other way so that it is set up optimal with full fuel load. I split the difference and use half a tank. Judging by the fact that you have PSS9s I am assuming it is not a track car. I wouldn't worry about the amount of fuel too much, just put half a tank.

I would recommend driving a few days to settle the springs although quality springs should not change much.

Hope that helps and others are in agreement.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Just dont lower it too much.... do a search if your not sure what I mean... PSS9's arn't meant to be lowered to look like a GT2 if you had that in-mind.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
wooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to all
Sounds obvious but make sure you are sitting in the car for the corner balance. :0

Old 03-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Thanks.

Triple Nickel, yeah, the car will be tracked a bit, but the track is two cities south of me, so it sadly will not be tracked a lot. Likely I'll be lucky if I honestly get out two to three times a year. That's why I decided on the PSS9's, the car will get a lot more use on the street than the track. Thanks for the other comments. I suppose it should have been obvious that the rear sway wouldn't affect anything, but there you go.

Just out of curiousity, how does a vehicle like the Cayenne, with height adjustable airsprings, maintain some integrity in it's alignment??

ssmugen, thanks too. I am aware of the ride height restrictions, but as I've indicated, I don't want to get too low (25.5 being the absolute lowest I'll go) and might even go higher depending on clearance issues.

wooosh (great user name for a turbo forum btw ), I did know about sitting in the car too. Thanks tho for the comment in case anyone else is reading the thread in the future.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
this is next on my list, thanks for the info guys.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:43 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Call Dan at Vivid, he can hook you up.
Robert