996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installation Help: Upper Center Console, Defroster Trim & Door Bins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 05:03 AM
PorschExtremist is infamous around these parts
Installation Help: Upper Center Console, Defroster Trim & Door Bins

I just purchased the final parts to complete my full carbon kit. The upper center console I have off, but cannot get the cigarette lighter off. Then how do you take off the defroster trim and door bins? Detailed instructions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 07-03-2004, 05:48 AM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
the cig lighter is a b%^ch to get off .... i had my dealer do it for me

Old 07-04-2004, 12:08 AM
PorschExtremist is infamous around these parts
Anyone else?

Old 07-04-2004, 11:18 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
It's a little tricky. You need to remove clip that slides off backward. The trick is the next clip, green I think, prys off with a small screwdriver (spread it open). Then push the lighter throufh the plastic shroud.

Old 07-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
The CLA is fun.. you have to get a small flat screwdriver and push in on the metal piece while you push the CLA out of the housing.. if your looking at it in the car, it comes towards you not out.

Defrosters are easy.. remove the Sun Visors, then remove paneling along the side pillars of the windows. Then the defrosters pop out, a spatula works well, snap the new ones back into place, becareful when you pull out the center piece where the alarm light is, look carefully how it pops off and on, so you don't break the platic pieces that hold it into place. Door bins .... if you don't have a pair of needle nose Vise Scripts get them! Once you lock onto the pin that holds the bins in place that pulls out then lower the other side down and pull the whole bin out. Then remove all the little screws from the backing and replace with carbon.. Thats it