996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

More MAF fun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Get the EVO "fix" and you'll stop blowing MAFs.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 PM
LowStro9 is infamous around these parts
Over $600 for a MAF? Crap you took it hard. I have an occasional MAF issue with the supercharger and my filter.

That MAF blade is a Bosch part that can be had at any VW dealership for about $70.

I could care less where you live but $600 is even over MSRP.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:15 AM
calbobba996TT is a jewel in the roughcalbobba996TT is a jewel in the roughcalbobba996TT is a jewel in the roughcalbobba996TT is a jewel in the rough
I clean my MAF every couple of thousand miles. Seems to do the trick.
No MAF prob after the EVO v FLOW fix. Last MAf was $280 from a local part shop.

Boris

Old 06-18-2008, 03:39 AM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LowStro9
That MAF blade is a Bosch part that can be had at any VW dealership for about $70.
Are you replacing the whole MAF for $70? I'd like to get a part # if thats the case. I know Bosch makes the part and you can buy it for $225 at various porsche part shops online and offline.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 AM
magnum22 is infamous around these parts
PSM ABS Light came on today.

What is the EVO v-flow fix? Bought my set from EVOMS 3 months back and just installed it...but the dreaded lights came on...PSM and ABS...Is this gonna blow my MAF?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:20 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by magnum22
What is the EVO v-flow fix? Bought my set from EVOMS 3 months back and just installed it...but the dreaded lights came on...PSM and ABS...Is this gonna blow my MAF?
if the lights are on the maf is blown........

Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Are you guys installing the honeyvcomb mesh grille off of your factory part when you are installing the Vflow? That is an important component to make sure you are not blowing maf's. On cars with over 600hp, you should use the newever EVOMS MAF.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by DERBOOST
if the lights are on the maf is blown........
Installed the Stock air box back and the lights went off....strange huh?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Are you guys installing the honeyvcomb mesh grille off of your factory part when you are installing the Vflow? That is an important component to make sure you are not blowing maf's. On cars with over 600hp, you should use the newever EVOMS MAF.
Hmmm, do you mean the black elastic wire mesh sock that goes over the air filter on the V-Flow?...I kinda left that off ..thought it was more for fine dust particles.. Should it be put on?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LowStro9
Over $600 for a MAF? Crap you took it hard. I have an occasional MAF issue with the supercharger and my filter.

I could care less where you live but $600 is even over MSRP.
You have to change the plug end to use the VW maf. We have done this on a few cars already.....If done properly you can use a 30 dollar maf .

We have files available for this maf set up.....ironically the 30 dollar maf seems to be more robust then the Porsche part.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:08 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Hmmm, do you mean the black elastic wire mesh sock that goes over the air filter on the V-Flow?...I kinda left that off ..thought it was more for fine dust particles.. Should it be put on?
No, I am talking about the round about 4" in diameter, plastic mesh grill from your stock MAF housing (that comes from the airbox).

Old 06-21-2008, 09:14 AM
No, I am talking about the round about 4" in diameter, plastic mesh grill from your stock MAF housing (that comes from the airbox).
Thanks for the tip...will look into that right away......will it fit into the EVOMS air intake without any mods?

Old 06-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the tip...will look into that right away......will it fit into the EVOMS air intake without any mods?
Yep. It fits right into the Evoms venturi, (pictured here in red) with no modifications. Be careful taking it out as it is a fragile peice and can break if you use too much force.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:44 AM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wstsdphisg
I bought a new MAF online for about $250 off ebay. Waiting for delivery, I'll let you know if everything works out. I agree though I need directions on how to pull the vflow filter off and clean it. I assume its just a loosening of the clamp and pulling it off, but when I looked at the spacing it seemed pretty tight. I'm guessing you can clean it like the B&M filter with just soap and water. Any one clean their vflow?
Yea, I'm still wondering how to remove and clean/replace the filter. Can anyone chime in w/ instructions?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Yep. It fits right into the Evoms venturi, (pictured here in red) with no modifications. Be careful taking it out as it is a fragile peice and can break if you use too much force.
Great Stuff!! Thanks a million!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More MAF fun