996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K8 ULTIMATE Street Car Competition Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I completely understand Scott and,in the grand sceme of things, car competitions obviously come a very distant third behind family and service in defense of our country (for which we all are eternally grateful). Selfishly, I was disappointed that you didn't compete because I know what your car is capable of, based on its proven track record, and I wanted to see you flex some of that muscle in a formal competition. Perhaps next time. Meanwhile, I hope you are enjoying your free time with your family and thank you for your enduring commitment to our country.

Regards,

Craig

Ps, What about Rob . . . did him compete?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think everyone who came was a winner; for I say it again, Houston and the Supra Nats is an incredible event. I hope to see every one again next year.
Cheers
Robert

Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
is there any video ? did bello run? any other high horsepower monsters ?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Scott, it was great meeting you. Peter, (I imagine you are reading this) it was also a pleasure meeting you too. There was so little time but it's amazing what you can gleam from a person in an instant. Good luck with all your pursuits in life and congrats on keeping them in balance.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thanks to all for the nice comments, it is much appreciated.
Me and my buddy Carver will return next year because of the cars but mostly because of the people. I would really love to see more Porsches next year.

I also had some problems that I caused myself at Texas Motor Speedway.
first time out I had so much air in my new Pilot Sport Cups that it felt like I was skating.
I also did not realize that I was wearing (4) nice holes in my rear inner fender liners and cutting my brand new PSCups to shreads. By the time I got the correct air pressure in them (about 30f 33r hot), I had shredded them and my air intake hoses on both sides.
When Todd got done with fixing Jitsu's crank bolt issue, he fixed my Air intake hoses.
I had qualified 4th (behind my superstar buddy, Carver in his MTI modded Z06), but my car was in no shape to dice it out with the three brutal Z06's in the final (and a Supra).
I bolted my street tires back on and watched the final shootout.
This event was the most fun I have ever experienced. I will post more pics and some vids later. EVERYONE I met was helpful and courteous throughout.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:40 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Also:

Powell was correct, my best et was a semi-lame 11.2

I trapped 134 mph+ in 5 out of 6 runs. (I can post my timeslips later)
It was VERY SLIPPERY early on and I had even 3rd gear wheelspin and some sideways
action happening in one run which surprised me in my all-wheel drive.

I also got one side of my car "muddied" at Texas World Speedway.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Way to represent guys!

So where are all the numbers - dyno, 60-130, 1/4? Marty, what kind of hp did you lay down?

Old 03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
60-130 mph === 6.9 for me
1/4 mile == 11.2 @ 134.2 for me

My buddies MTI racing Z06 did 540 RWHP
Dr. Jitsu's GT2 with the GT28 hybrids did 562 RWHP
Black TT Viper from Dallas laid down 1212 RWHP
Tommy Bahn's (Customer TWIN TURBO Supra with Nitrous) did over 1400 RWHP !!

MK

Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
wooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to all
Marty is still AWD, so he did not dyno, and with back to back dyno's there was not time to disconnect his front driveshaft

Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
benchpress405 is infamous around these parts
Marty and Sean way to represent Porsche! I hope to go next year!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Wow, great numbers Marty. You have a 10 in that thing easy man!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:27 AM
TRK
TRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to behold
thanks from Protomotive

A special thanks to all our friends that attended. It was an incredible show.
Marty and Sean put their cars through absolute hell... It was like David and Goliath out there with 1000+whp supra's and vipers. An incredible amount of talent all around. It's interesting to see the Porsche's doing so well in the ALL Around competition. Maybe next year, we'll see if some of the bigger hp packages can beat out the more rounded cars like Marty's.
Attending Porsche's we saw.
Marty Woodster k2418g pe700 awd
Sean DrJitsu gt28's, proto tune
Peter A panas001 3.8l gt35r's Mckenzie heads, proto (big) cams
Scott B Divexxtreme 3.6l gt35r's proto heads and cams
Rob W Robmd 3.8l gt35r's proto heads/cams
Chris R RoadsterDoc - soon to be k24/18
Paul C PaulieWalnuts GT2-now k24/18g proto tune
Dan at Vivid Racing - gt28s
pardon me if I'm missing anyone, we're still recovering from the event and sleep deprivation <--- yawning ;p

We thank you guys for getting out there and showing what these cars do best. everything...

Old 03-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Thumbs up Porsches did fairly well

Pretty good showing I would say for a sleepy little shop in Arkansas!

And no motor problems with any of the cars.
I beat the living crap out of my car and aside from nearly starting my inner fender
liners on fire with my brand new Sport Cups on the first day, My 50,000 mile motor
ran flawlessly again. (I ran low boost all day at the speedway and high boost for all
other events). Cynthia and Todd went over and above any service expectations
and were great to have around. Todd even offered to disconnect my front diff and
bolt on Dives drag radials for an AUTOMATIC 10, but I decided he had worked too much
already.
Oh, and my apoligies to the poor guy in the new GTO with headers,etc on the way home from the track...such a beating is not fair but he asked for it. (Same goes true for
the White Mustang F-body (fuel cell, DR's and turboed V-8), he was much stronger but
not quite enough... .

MK

Old 03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I will dyno it next year for all to see.

MK

Old 03-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent job Cynthia and Todd, congratulations!

You might not know it yet but one of your other highly modified turbo engines (an old aircooled this time) came first again in the time trials and broken the lap record in Dubai by a couple of seconds and that is on 3400+lbs weight, rubber bushings, and sub 1 Bar of boost. There was no one close enough behind to bump me out of the track this time

Last edited by Jean; 03-28-2008 at 12:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K8 ULTIMATE Street Car Competition Update