996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some TX2K8 pics and videos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice pictures,looks like a fun time, maybe I can make this next year.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Great pics, Chase...Vince, I see you lurking. Thanks for helping to diagnose my car on Thursday. Did you hear that the crank bolt backed out again?

Fortunately it did so after I got my last 60-130 run (a 6.7) in.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Hey great pics guys.I think Jitsu broke his car on purpose just to avoid Tweety.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 AM
wooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to all
Hey that was me lurking. Quietly taking it all in since I have such a base level car next to you big HP guys. Had a blast at Texas World Speedway on Thurs, and the drag racing on Sat. Was not able to stay for the 60-130 on Sunday had to drive back to Nashville. On the way home from drag racing Peter and I put the Drift Box in my car to do some 60-130 logged runs. Did two runs 9.6 and 9.5, I think Peter said when he read it at home it was a 9.53 (does not display the second digit on the box). My car is also just Flash (UMW) with stock K16's, stock air intake, and stock exhaust that has the exhaust mod holes drilled that jcb-memphis and I worked on.
Was hoping to find other cars with just flash to run with. Be nice to see how just a flash compares car to car with 60-130 times instead of Dyno numbers. I see that Roadsterdoc ran a 9.5 also with his upsolute tune and 9ff exhaust.
Drag race day was fun also, my best was 12.11, and trap speed all day was between 118-120, with the best being 120.19. I had street tires and my 60' times were pretty consistent at 1.9564, 1.8395, 1.8304, 1.8454. I'm not a drag racer so not used to banging gears especially the 2-3 shift and went from 2 to 5 more than once. My guess it that high elevens should be pretty easy with some practice.

Shawn, Interesting that your crank bolt backed out again, should definately add some loctite this time.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone, which was the best part of the event.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Thanks for the pictures everyone. IT looks like a fun time was had by all. I had never seen pictures of Todd K...he truly does look like a mad scientist. Thanks again!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Vince,

My concern is that it is more than just the locktite (which was added on the fix). I think there is something structurally wrong maybe a bad bearing.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
...I had never seen pictures of Todd K...he truly does look like a mad scientist. Thanks again!
I think Akram nailed his appearance. When he first met Todd, he told me he thought of Rick Moranis from the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" movie.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:49 AM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics and comments. It is nice to see some faces. I may just have to go to this event next year.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:47 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wooosh
Hey that was me lurking. Quietly taking it all in since I have such a base level car next to you big HP guys. Had a blast at Texas World Speedway on Thurs, and the drag racing on Sat. Was not able to stay for the 60-130 on Sunday had to drive back to Nashville. On the way home from drag racing Peter and I put the Drift Box in my car to do some 60-130 logged runs. Did two runs 9.6 and 9.5, I think Peter said when he read it at home it was a 9.53 (does not display the second digit on the box). My car is also just Flash (UMW) with stock K16's, stock air intake, and stock exhaust that has the exhaust mod holes drilled that jcb-memphis and I worked on.
Was hoping to find other cars with just flash to run with. Be nice to see how just a flash compares car to car with 60-130 times instead of Dyno numbers. I see that Roadsterdoc ran a 9.5 also with his upsolute tune and 9ff exhaust.
Drag race day was fun also, my best was 12.11, and trap speed all day was between 118-120, with the best being 120.19. I had street tires and my 60' times were pretty consistent at 1.9564, 1.8395, 1.8304, 1.8454. I'm not a drag racer so not used to banging gears especially the 2-3 shift and went from 2 to 5 more than once. My guess it that high elevens should be pretty easy with some practice.

Shawn, Interesting that your crank bolt backed out again, should definately add some loctite this time.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone, which was the best part of the event.
Swoosh. I too have been quietly lurking for the same reason. What a humbling and fun experience!

About the 60-130. I wish I would have made time to make it out, but had to many obligations with women, booze, and the easter bunny. My best 60-130 time is 9.26, and the weather was not beneficial at all. Glad you had fun, and hope you got to experience the Houston Hospitality we are known for.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:43 PM
wooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to all
Hey TXGold I also have the UMW LWFW kit which I just installed last week the day before going down to Houston. Clutch feels great, easy to modulate and launch. I was thinking I needed an exhuast to fully take advantage of the UMW flash, just have mine drilled. I see you also have the UMW flash and Tubi exhaust, I assume you have K16's right? I have heard quotes of around 30hp or more attributed to a decent exhaust and it sounds like our cars are identical except the exhaust.

Anyone else out there with Drift Box 60-130 times for stock K16's and Flash? (with or without exhaust just specify)

Old 03-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Sean, sorry I spelled your name wrong in the last post.

I would be surprised if it was a bad crank bearing that caused it to work itself loose, I would think you would hear other noises surfacing from bad crank bearings. Maybe the pulley itself is a little out of round, and vibrating slightly especially after coming off the first time and being knocked around.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
I have also lightened up a little. Check the light weight sticky thread. I am on stock K16s. Take care, Ryan

Old 03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
On Friday night I ran (in Mexico) against a Ford GT with 750whp (s/c upgrade). It ran off like I was standing still. What an awesome car. Here are a couple of short vids of it (not racing):

Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
That is my favorite colour for a Ford GT!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Apparently he looked for a long time to find a black one. It is a beauty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some TX2K8 pics and videos