996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Questions about 996 TT Modifications...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:19 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
If you really want a 1/4 mile car.I say build a mustang..dont get me wrong my TT has work and allot more on the way, but if your looking to beat up on other cars built a 8 second mustang for like $ 75 k, and buy a GT2 for everyday driving!

Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Like I said before and dont want to beat everybody or be then fastest in 1/4 car...

I want really really nice and very very FAAAAST 996 TT or GT2 and I need you to point ME in right direction...

996 TT or GT2 ???

AWD or 2wd ???

Which tuning, which tuner and which set up or tuning kit etc

You guys know much more then ME...help !!!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
well in that case, what I would do is buy a GT2, then do a 4.0L stroker kit and and good set of heads , aggressive cams and maybe a set of GT35 turbos, obviously there is allot more involved but that differs with combos, thats a good start.It shouldn't cost you more the 75k plus the cost of the car of course. Protomotive , FVD ,AWE,RPM and Vivid racing are all very very good and all of great reputation.The person you go with is the one that you feel most comfortable with.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
get a ready made car no waiting for a year like we all do. Not to mention all the complications that go along with it. Having such a car in Russia may be difficult. Especially if he starts blowing mafs or something.
Get stock internal 700 to 750hp car that someone paid a fortune for and drive I'd next week. Otherwise we will be talking next year about Your build an and still will nor be done. Trust me I know.
Sonny in scotsdale has a nice evoms gt700 and bobby my friend has a custom 700+ turbo with 16 k. Miles only. What else u need to know.
Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-27-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Marksi is correct on the wait, I have just pulled the trigger on a motor build, and I cant get it done until this upcoming Sept.Maybe you could contact all the tuners, they would be the ones to know if their customers cars are for sale. Good luck and keep us in the loop

Old 03-27-2008, 02:09 PM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
Just get a bugatti veyron and call it a day Seriously dont think 9xx car modded makes sense based on your needs....just my $.02

Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kilrgt
Marksi is correct on the wait, I have just pulled the trigger on a motor build, and I cant get it done until this upcoming Sept.Maybe you could contact all the tuners, they would be the ones to know if their customers cars are for sale. Good luck and keep us in the loop
Even then add another 6 months... I bet my car on that... LOL

click to view

Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 PM
TT Tommy is infamous around these parts
Mike,

Forget the gt2 as when you mod it it wont be worth as much.

I think you want to find an inexpensive tt with some miles on it as you'll be replacing a lot of stuff on it anyway. No sense buying a pristine example and then throwing a lot of pristine stuff away

good luck

TW

Old 03-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by TT Tommy
Mike,

Forget the gt2 as when you mod it it wont be worth as much.

I think you want to find an inexpensive tt with some miles on it as you'll be replacing a lot of stuff on it anyway. No sense buying a pristine example and then throwing a lot of pristine stuff away

good luck

TW
Or just get one ready to go... and save 40% on the build out.... because someone who threw $45K in tuning will only get 60 cents on a dollar at most...

click to view

Old 03-27-2008, 02:58 PM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Common people...elts get this thread going..I need more thougths and options !!!

Thanks
газпром pays well, eh?

how about you just get a 997 GT2 and get it over with? all that aftermarket headache and cost will be тоже самое.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:09 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Thanks for your comment guys....

new GT2 costs around 350-400k here...so its not an option...for this money I'd rather get used CGT or SLR...

I hear you a building times and used mod TT...but I am a bit scared to buy used moded 996TT...Cause you never know when the motor will go down and how is has been used...Who knows may be in couple of miles it will break down...or something will fail...

What is needed to be checked on MOD 996 TT ??? Compression ???

Old 04-01-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
get a ready made car no waiting for a year like we all do. Not to mention all the complications that go along with it. Having such a car in Russia may be difficult. Especially if he starts blowing mafs or something.
Get stock internal 700 to 750hp car that someone paid a fortune for and drive I'd next week. Otherwise we will be talking next year about Your build an and still will nor be done. Trust me I know.
Sonny in scotsdale has a nice evoms gt700 and bobby my friend has a custom 700+ turbo with 16 k. Miles only. What else u need to know.
Markski

Where can I have a look at Sonnys car ???

Old 04-01-2008, 03:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
Where can I have a look at Sonnys car ???

here you go... and I know this is a nice car too...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=100543

click to view

Old 04-01-2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks Mark...39miles is too much imho...

I rather get the one with 16k

Just need to make sure that its perfect and trouble free...

Old 04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
Thanks for your comment guys....

new GT2 costs around 350-400k here...so its not an option...for this money I'd rather get used CGT or SLR...

so fly to USA and take advantage of a cheap dollar. you can pay around $130K for a NEW 997TT and $2K for shipping from here to europe.

and when it comes to разтаможка i am sure you can figure something out to save money

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions about 996 TT Modifications...