996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Questions about 996 TT Modifications...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Mike, your best bet (since you want a low mileage car) is to contact a couple board sponsors (Sharkwerks, Proto, EVO, Vivid, GMG, AWE, etc) and see how much it will cost and how long it will take to build a GT700. Anything past that is going to take an engine rebuild (3.8L) and will take a while. Its going to be really hard to find a low mileage 700 car. Like i said, i know the guys over at GMG, Sharkwerks and Vivid pretty well and all are fairly close so if you like i'm sure i can get you a pretty good deal with any of them.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
They must be slower cause they cant hook up...but do they ctachp fast after that is the question ???
I'd say get the GT2 and put drag radials on it. IF you go into the 800 whp range I doubt tbe AWD will last for long.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Mike, your best bet (since you want a low mileage car) is to contact a couple board sponsors (Sharkwerks, Proto, EVO, Vivid, GMG, AWE, etc) and see how much it will cost and how long it will take to build a GT700. Anything past that is going to take an engine rebuild (3.8L) and will take a while. Its going to be really hard to find a low mileage 700 car. Like i said, i know the guys over at GMG, Sharkwerks and Vivid pretty well and all are fairly close so if you like i'm sure i can get you a pretty good deal with any of them.
Thanks man...

Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Thanks man...I will think about...I jsut dont think that GT 700 will be much faster on pump fuel then my mod E55 now

Old 04-02-2008, 01:19 PM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
Thanks man...I will think about...I jsut dont think that GT 700 will be much faster on pump fuel then my mod E55 now
find a hookup at domodedovo/sheremetyevo to sell you a higher quality jet fuel

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html

Old 04-02-2008, 01:39 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
3.8L GT800 it is than!

Old 04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Didnt you say your E55 is like 550 whp?

A GT700 should munch that up pretty good. "Should"

Does that E55 trap in the 130's in the 1/4 mile?

Old 04-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
The GT700 is on Race file mode... hence race gas.... therefore, on pump it will probably do 560 rwhp vs. 600rwhp+ on 100 octane...
With tthat said he will get beat by what he said are highly modded cars in russia....
I told mike that if he cant run race gas then whats the point...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-02-2008, 06:06 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Oh no ,heres what a gt700 does to a modded E55
http://media.putfile.com/EVO-GT-700-10-SEC-PASS

By the way that was PUMP GAS!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by joetwint

Hey Hey Hey. That E55 is me. LOL.

Mike, you know my E55 was no slouch and I had tons of kills under my belt. Although this video is a couple years old and my car had a lot more mods when I sold it, there is no way I would have come close to keeping up with it. Joe's car pulled like a freight train on me. Right out of the hole from a dead stop (where the E55 shines) I had no chance. I thought something was wrong with my car because it felt like an E350 compared to that 911TT. From a rolling start it would have been ridiculous. A GT700 will be much faster than your E55. A GT660 will likely be faster.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about
the numbers of possibility are just exponential, what's the condition of weather like out there btw (if that matters to the runs you plan to pull)?

Old 04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SleeperX

Mike, you know my E55 was no slouch and I had tons of kills under my belt. Although this video is a couple years old and my car had a lot more mods when I sold it, there is no way I would have come close to keeping up with it. Joe's car pulled like a freight train on me. Right out of the hole from a dead stop (where the E55 shines) I had no chance. I thought something was wrong with my car because it felt like an E350 compared to that 911TT. From a rolling start it would have been ridiculous. A GT700 will be much faster than your E55. A GT660 will likely be faster.
Sorry brobut i figured it would be ok since you have a 996tt now.Joe

Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 AM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Sorry brobut i figured it would be ok since you have a 996tt now.Joe
Not a problem at all. Why do you think I sold my E55 and bought a 996TT? LOL

Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 AM

LoL...If its that FAST on a PUMP then i have no more questions

BUT how do you know that it was only GT700 and runned on PUMP gas ???

10.88 and 139 seems to be quite good...for GT700 on race fuel...

Was it rwd ???

Thats is why I want you get mod 996TT...cuase I wann be much faster the highly mod E55...I wanna beat mod SLR....

Old 04-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by SleeperX

Yes it might be much faster on race or 100 octain gas...but wonbt be mcuh fastaer on pump I think...it will be faster but NOT like it was in the video...

I know that I can beat 600HP 996 TT...and 997TT...from roll...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions about 996 TT Modifications...