996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Questions about 996 TT Modifications...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
I want illegal street dragracinng super fast daily driver LOL...

Most of the races for a dig...

Then get yourself a car like my EVO 8 that runs low 10s... 10.2 sec and traps 136 to 139 mph consistently to be exact and call it a day...
For the fraction of the price of a built porsche you will beat everything on the street.... all for $25K. then take the rest of the $75k and buy yourself a nice luxury sport car and still live like a Russian King....
Any porsche your about to get will cost a fortune, especially since you want to street race it from a dig- and Porsche is definately not the car that to do it with... Your axles and trans will go fast... including your front transfer case... and thats just the start....
Here is a link to how some fast Evos go and take off the line... the silver one is mine.,..
http://devotuning.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_4

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Then get yourself a car like my EVO 8 that runs low 10s... 10.2 sec and traps 136 to 139 mph consistently to be exact and call it a day...
For the fraction of the price of a built porsche you will beat everything on the street.... all for $25K. then take the rest of the $75k and buy yourself a nice luxury sport car and still live like a Russian King....
Any porsche your about to get will cost a fortune, especially since you want to street race it from a dig- and Porsche is definately not the car that to do it with... Your axles and trans will go fast... including your front transfer case... and thats just the start....
Here is a link to how some fast Evos go and take off the line... the silver one is mine.,..
http://devotuning.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_4
Could not have said it better!

You clearly need an AWD car that will not cost as much to build/fix and capable of running fast.

If you are still obsesed with making a 996 fast, at least you know that for YOUR case, you should start with an AWD.

Markski, I love the way you P gets down the srtip

Old 04-09-2008, 06:51 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
I want illegal street dragracinng super fast daily driver LOL...

Most of the races for a dig...
I bet he would be willing to sell this for the right price, and ship parts to Russia all day, with love :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRpJeMvM08

Look up Dynamic Racing, and talk to Matt Monett

Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
No I dont want any rice rockets or drag racing cars, no matter how fast they are...Want nice , fast car with some style...

Mark...I have the fastest business sedan already...I can beat GTB599 and stcok Z06 in 1/4...on on our crappy roads... I dont need another one...

I want something much faster and more sporty and yet prestigious...like a Porsrche...

Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i feel ya , Rus but when it comes to the porsche , if you wanna play your gonna have to pay.. so be prepared to go through what mark has .

Old 04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
No I dont want any rice rockets or drag racing cars, no matter how fast they are...Want nice , fast car with some style...

Mark...I have the fastest business sedan already...I can beat GTB599 and stcok Z06 in 1/4...on on our crappy roads... I dont need another one...

I want something much faster and more sporty and yet prestigious...like a Porsrche...
If you want to do it in the Porsche then you might as well put a part time mechanic in your living quarters... because you will need one...
I broke 4 sets axles, 2 clutches, a tranny mount, 2 intake leaks... and even busted a turbo... all from a 1/4 racing....
Im trying to steer you in the right direction but it looks like you want the best of everything all in one Porsche with low miles and one that is reliable...
When you get that let me know so I can get one too....
Mark

click to view

Old 04-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I know you don't like Vipers... but TT Viper or a Supra is the way to go! LOL!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
If you want to do it in the Porsche then you might as well put a part time mechanic in your living quarters... because you will need one...
I broke 4 sets axles, 2 clutches, a tranny mount, 2 intake leaks... and even busted a turbo... all from a 1/4 racing....
Im trying to steer you in the right direction but it looks like you want the best of everything all in one Porsche with low miles and one that is reliable...
When you get that let me know so I can get one too....
Mark

I heard GT700 kit is quite reliable and mod P cars are quite reliable as well...

You horror stories make ME scared...I have 550WHP on my E55 and havent had a single problem (touvh the wood)...with extra 200 HP on stock internals...although the boost is only 0.08 higher then stock...0.9 vs 0.98...making engine runing more efficient that is the case...

Last edited by GT RUS; 04-11-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Im telling you the truth...
If you will drag race these cars on street you will brake axles and clutches as a start...
GT700s are nice.... just make sure you get one that doesnt blow mafs... and if you do you will be very happy....

click to view

Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Rus listen to mark, he really knows what hes talking about and tells it how it is... regardless of what kit u go with dragracing in the TT will cost u money cuase stuff will break and its very expensive to fix. just do highway runs , 60-130 runs

Old 04-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks Mark...I apriciate your help...and guidance...without your help I would made many mistakes...

So GT700 with stage 2 clutch will brake axles and clutches as well ???

If yes...then what clutch and axles do I need to get in order to prevent this happaning ???

Regards,

Mike

Im telling you the truth...
If you will drag race these cars on street you will brake axles and clutches as a start...
GT700s are nice.... just make sure you get one that doesnt blow mafs... and if you do you will be very happy....

Old 04-11-2008, 03:44 AM
Yes...I do listen to HIM...His is my Porsche teacher

I wont get anything without his advice...

but I wanna do everything with my P-car...DR from stop and roll...so that mean I would need to get stronger axles from the start and clutch...what about tramsmission ???

Originally Posted by unvmym3
Rus listen to mark, he really knows what hes talking about and tells it how it is... regardless of what kit u go with dragracing in the TT will cost u money cuase stuff will break and its very expensive to fix. just do highway runs , 60-130 runs

Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 AM
ull have to ask mark about axles not sure what hes running i do know though at the track when launching he was snapping them like pencils .....

eventually , when ur pushing alot of power its only a matter of time till u break something even the new beefyer axles eventualy will go... the tranny also will take a dump on u eventually and will need to beef it up. hole launching with that power really takes a toll on the car .... may be better to convert to rear wheel drive at some point.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Yes...that is why I need a prepared car with everythihg already...so it will take longer to brake it

Old 04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
lModded Turbo

FEELER - FS 2003 996 Turbo

This one in for sale section might be a good choice to build upon and closer to you. Good luck.

This absolutely breaks my heart, but I will be selling my car around September/October 2008. If I can line-up a potential buyer now to give it a good home, great.

2003 Porsche 911 (996) Turbo - £57k
Displacement: 3,600 cc
Power Output: (?appx 550hp?)
Drivetrain: AWD
Transmission: Manual
Colour (interior): Leather black
Color (exterior): Basalt Black Metallic
Mileage: 35k
Model Year: 2003
First Reg: 12/2002

Still under factory warranty until 31 October 2008 (renewable through Porsche Center [name withheld])

Full Porsche Dealer Main service history. Parr Motorsports did the clutch install and 2007-08 minor service (oil and transmission fluid changes). I replaced plugs 4k miles ago. Rads replaced under warranty in March 2007.

Second Place finish at VMax Redline @ Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds => 197mph terminal velocity (behind only 700bhp RUF RT12)
www.vmax15000bhp.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions about 996 TT Modifications...