996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How's the Turbo as a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 02:19 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys. I think I'm in. Just have to sell a few cars and I'll take the Turbo plunge.

Old 07-07-2004, 02:20 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Very good daily driver...

Old 07-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Banned
Originally posted by sharkster
They absolutely suck as a daily driver. I hate them. Worst car in the world. Oh hang on, I've had too much crack this morning...

You are too ghetto for my blood

Old 07-07-2004, 03:42 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JakeMate
Thanks guys. I think I'm in. Just have to sell a few cars and I'll take the Turbo plunge.
Don't give up the SUV. You'll need it when the streets are flooded.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
i live in LA and would not recommend any of the 9 series porsches as a daily driver. especially with a suspesion mod, it's too low and stiff for my use as i am always hitting dips, pot holes, door dingers and my favorite traffic. i assume 6 speed manual is what you would buy. i use the x-5 as my daily beater, and the p-car is for cruising. but then again in LA people like to pimp daily. just my opinion...i almost forgot faulk u ty.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:55 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Like someone said, as long as you are moving it is great. I love my TT but need to mix it up a bit...

Old 07-07-2004, 04:10 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
My current C2 is pretty low and I live very close to where I work so the commute is a non-issue. I'll still have the Mini if I need it. My plan is to buy a used Explorer or something after a year or so if I'm so inclined.

I think most people think they need a big SUV but the truth is, you can fit a lot of stuff in just about any car. My wife, son and I take the Mini to Costco all the time and have no problems. We seem to always park next to some bimbo in a Suburban who comes out with two things though. Then she cranks the 500,000 BTU A/C to fill the 400,000 cubic foot cabin to cool one person.

Old 07-07-2004, 04:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mehrabani1

You are too ghetto for my blood
Hehe... hey man if you don't like that test drive of the Elise, you let me know bud!

Old 07-07-2004, 04:25 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I drive my TT EVERYDAY and it has Race Pipes (No Cats or Mufflers=Loud), PSS-9's on almost the hardest setting (Stiffer ride and VERY low), 19" wheels (rougher ride), short shift kit (notchier shifting) and I still love the car to death!! Even with all these upgrades the car is still enjoyable to drive everyday (I guess most would disagree tho...esp. the race pipes ).
Its all personal....
Evan

Old 07-07-2004, 04:54 AM
Banned
Originally posted by sharkster
Hehe... hey man if you don't like that test drive of the Elise, you let me know bud!
I think I am going to like it

but I dont even have an order in, so if I do like it, I will have to wait for a few months...

I saw a pic of an Elise next to an F150... and I knew the Elise was smal, but holy s***, it looked like a toy car compared to the F150...

Old 07-07-2004, 04:58 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by mehrabani1

but I dont even have an order in, so if I do like it, I will have to wait for a few months...

hahaha good luck. more like waiting for well over a year if you don't want to pay significantly over sticker.

I have been on the list for over a year already and probably won't see my car until January.

If you're interested in learning about the car, the delays, and how long it will ACTUALLY take you to get a car should you want one, check out www.elisetalk.com

btw i probably will not be taking delivery of mine so you guys may have a shot at a relatively early one.

Old 07-07-2004, 05:14 AM
Banned
You are right... I just called up my dealer and he said 1 year wait... maybe I wont like it...